Exchange Czech Crowns In Bangkok?

AdamVanWildest

Hi,

I have found that that for me the best place to change foreign currency in Bangkok. Are the little booths near Sukhumvit Soi5. There is a small plaza opposite Gulliver's bar, leading to the Arab area. If you walk through past The Restaurants and Hotels you can not miss the booths. I don't know about Czech currency though, but worth giving them a try. I find their exchange rates very good + they are not that bothered if the notes are marked or taped together.

jb1

Hi,

I have found that that for me the best place to change foreign currency in Bangkok. Are the little booths near Sukhumvit Soi5. There is a small plaza opposite Gulliver's bar, leading to the Arab area. If you walk through past The Restaurants and Hotels you can not miss the booths. I don't know about Czech currency though, but worth giving them a try. I find their exchange rates very good + they are not that bothered if the notes are marked or taped together.

jb1

I''m confused by your reply to my question.

Besides their rates and accepting notes that are marked, do they accept a wider range of currency than the places at the airport, kbank, siam, or other booths along sukhumvit?

I arrived in Bangkok in 2007 from Prague with a large sum of Czech koruna. (I had planned to exchange the koruna into USD at Ruzyne Airport but my flight to Frankfurt was at like 6:00 A.M. and no exchange kiosks were open). When I got to Bangkok I tried for an entire day to exchange them without any luck. A friend even called the Manager whom she was friendly with at a large Kasikorn Bank branch and asked but they refused. I was directed right back to the airport where I had arrived 2 days before and one exchange place reluctantly exchanged about 10,000 koruna into Thai Baht for me after making several calls. I could not exchange the rest. When I came to Chiang Mai I tried every place in town and nobody wanted them. In the end I had to send some of the currency by registered post to my bank in Switzerland to exchange and credit my account for me. I still have some in the safe deposit box here. I also had 5,000 Slovak koruna that I could not exchange either and did not get them in the post to Switzerland in time to meet the January 2009 deadline before Slovakia switched to the Euro. Now they are worthless.

It seems Thailand does not want Czech koruna as apparently there is little demand. Good luck.

I arrived in Bangkok in 2007 from Prague with a large sum of Czech koruna. (I had planned to exchange the koruna into USD at Ruzyne Airport but my flight to Frankfurt was at like 6:00 A.M. and no exchange kiosks were open). When I got to Bangkok I tried for an entire day to exchange them without any luck. A friend even called the Manager whom she was friendly with at a large Kasikorn Bank branch and asked but they refused. I was directed right back to the airport where I had arrived 2 days before and one exchange place reluctantly exchanged about 10,000 koruna into Thai Baht for me after making several calls. I could not exchange the rest. When I came to Chiang Mai I tried every place in town and nobody wanted them. In the end I had to send some of the currency by registered post to my bank in Switzerland to exchange and credit my account for me. I still have some in the safe deposit box here. I also had 5,000 Slovak koruna that I could not exchange either and did not get them in the post to Switzerland in time to meet the January 2009 deadline before Slovakia switched to the Euro. Now they are worthless.

It seems Thailand does not want Czech koruna as apparently there is little demand. Good luck.

I have still a lot of Croatian Kuna no bank wants it....

Hi,

jb1

I''m confused by your reply to my question.

Besides their rates and accepting notes that are marked, do they accept a wider range of currency than the places at the airport, kbank, siam, or other booths along sukhumvit?

I am sorry if I have confused you. You did ask for advise. I did say that I wasn't sure if they dealt in Czech currency. Happy hunting?

jb1

Try the ARAB area :cheesy:

jb1

Try the ARAB area :cheesy:

jb1

:blink::lol: :lol:

no worries JB1, I know you were just being helpful, I'll probably check out that area anyway just in case.

Someone just suggested a place called Super Rich. Below is the message, has anyone ever heard of,or used them?

best is Super Rich... the main location. otherwise any super rich is prob best depends how many crowsn you hve. try BTS Phromg Phong walk towards Siam and its on the right in orange booth "SUPER > RICH" style logo...

Forget the booths.

OP, your best bet is the original "Super Rich". Located opposite Central World behind the Big C.

Now there is other one under same or almost same name so make sure you go to the right one. The correct one is the one with green logo located on the left when you come from Central World so forget the orange logo one that is running those booths and go for the green shop. If they don't take them i doubt no one will.

Take your passport and prepare to wait for a while as the shop is usually very busy.

On Super Rich's webside is no option for Czech to ฿...

ARG!

At the time, I spent a good 8 hours attempting to exchange Czech and some Slovak koruna in BKK and it was not possible. You will have to go to Suvarnabhumi Airport and ask around but even then if you are successful in finding a place, they will only exchange a small amount as an emergency.

OP, just arrived from the Czech Republic?

Edited by elektrified