Ios 5 Iphone Update

Lost in LOS

I downloaded the new update for my iPhone 4. It has a great feature that is great for us here. If you send a text message or mms to another iPhone, anywhere in the world, it is free. Just been trying it with my friend in LA and it works good, free texts and mms.

ipad 2. Yeah problems: I used my MBP to install, which went fine, but it installed all my apps, not hers after the ios install.

Did it on my phone last night, no probs.

You can chose which apps get installed in iTunes. But it will install your default settings if you don't change them to the apps she has... I have lots of apps I don't install. Some won't work here but work in the US. Plus I have more than one device, so they are all in iTunes...

Wife updated her 3GS to iOS5. All her contacts and all her pictures and videos dissapeares completely. There is no back up in iTunes. They're all gone. You can Google and see she's not the only one.

I upgraded my iPhone 4. No such problems. But when I turn on iCloud on the phone and try to back up (plugged in as instructed) it tells me 52 hours remaining. Then 12 hours later nothing has happened and it tells me last back up 'never'. So still some kinks to work out I think.

Wife updated her 3GS to iOS5. All her contacts and all her pictures and videos dissapeares completely. There is no back up in iTunes. They're all gone. You can Google and see she's not the only one.

I upgraded my iPhone 4. No such problems. But when I turn on iCloud on the phone and try to back up (plugged in as instructed) it tells me 52 hours remaining. Then 12 hours later nothing has happened and it tells me last back up 'never'. So still some kinks to work out I think.

I'm sure their cloud servers are a bit overloaded right now. Have you ever used dropbox? It's very slow on the upload... All her photos and videos should be in iPhoto, if set up properly. All her contacts should be on the backup computers address book., if set it to synch... Mine are all there.

Updated the iPad love the new gestures - 4 finger swipe left / right flips through apps, swipe up to see the running programs and volume / lock / brightness controls.

Cloud syncing had some issues but seems to be working now.

I'll wait for an untethered jailbreak before I upgrade the phone. Gives them some time to work out the bugs too...

Ps I am sure the camera shortcut can be turned off. Does it really allow you to bypass the pass code and look at the photo album? I thought it only allows you to take pictures, but not look at the album or use any other apps...

For anyone with home button problems there is now an on screen home button . I recently replaced mine as it was unusable but this new feature is a good work around.

I need to get my home button repaired. Could you please tell me where you had it done and how much it cost? Thanks!

I need to get my home button repaired. Could you please tell me where you had it done and how much it cost? Thanks!

dont bother....I also have a non-responsive "home button" on my iPhone4

(1) just update to iOS5,then

(2) go to "Settings", then "General", then "Accessibility", then turn on "AssistiveTouch"...

(3) you will then have a white ghost buttonon screen, which when touched, will transform into an on-screen virtual "Home Button" which is great!!! (tap virtual "Home Button" once for Home Screen....tap it twice for "Multi-Tasking Screen")

(4) there are other convenient functions of the white ghost button, which will be apparent when you touch it...

dont bother....I also have a non-responsive "home button" on my iPhone4

(1) just update to iOS5,then

(2) go to "Settings", then "General", then "Accessibility", then turn on "AssistiveTouch"...

(3) you will then have a white ghost buttonon screen, which when touched, will transform into an on-screen virtual "Home Button" which is great!!! (tap virtual "Home Button" once for Home Screen....tap it twice for "Multi-Tasking Screen")

(4) there are other convenient functions of the white ghost button, which will be apparent when you touch it...

Unfortunately I can't upgrade my antiquated 3G to the new OS. :(

I had my phone button replaced at a shop in Tukom in Pattaya named happy phone , great service I watched him do it the whole phone was dismantled its a big job , took about 40 mins he really knew what he was doing 600 baht highly recommended.

I had problems for a long time many resets and other suggestion but nothing fixed it until I put in a new button

Installing iPhone 4 Home Button

Removing the electronic home button and its cover.

Author: Walter Galan Difficulty: Difficult

x 28 x 73 x 104

Use this guide to replace a damaged home button to regain use of your iPhone.

Sections

Rear Panel 3 steps

Battery 3 steps

Logic Board 13 steps

Speaker Enclosure Assembly 2 steps

Display Assembly 9 steps

Home Button 3 steps

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-iPhone-4-Home-Button/3144/1