Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago from Victoria Monument all the way to Emporium (Sukhumvit 24) all dry, a friend just went from Soi Cowboy and he did not see any flooding, traffic was low as well.

There won't be any flooding in that area until it passes Laksi/Don Muang airport. Can people stop giving redundant "it's dry" reports deep into bangkok?

No sh*t sherlock We know it's dry because the water hasn't passed certain levee points yet.

May I suggest that you ignore posts that don't apply to YOUR personal circumstances and let others decide what they want to do with the "it's dry" reports? I find it very helpful to know where it is still dry.

Watcharaphon Update, last one for awhile!

Water increasing and closing in to the 5 Yaek and outside Wattanakosin School.

My village is closing things up at midnight. They got word that they are releasing water from HokWa right through our area. Almost everybody is leaving and they have a big team staying back in the village to fend the water off as long as possible. As I have a place to stay in Bangna, am heading off shortly...would stay on and help but then again don't want to get stuck or get my car stuck here.

BTW, has anybody heard about this water release from HokWa? I haven't seen anything about it anywhere....but most of the guys here know about it.

Take care! I will call the Village Mgr. once in a while to get updates....hopefully I won't be away from home for long....

Betst of luck to you. I suppose my moo baan Noble Geo is about to get the water if not already.

I fear greatly that it will be quite awhile before we can go home again. I pray our homes are not ransacked during the time we are gone.

The news focus is so solidly in Bangkok that I find it hard to get info on the rest of the country. Seems to me very relevant to know how much water is still north of Bangkok/Pathumthani/ Nonthaburi, since obviously what is up will have to come down.

Anyone know the current situation in Ayutthya, Nakon Sawan etc?

May I suggest that you ignore posts that don't apply to YOUR personal circumstances and let others decide what they want to do with the "it's dry" reports? I find it very helpful to know where it is still dry.

When we have 5 posts on each page repeating how it's dry at the barstool or internet cafe located on Sukhumvit or downtown Silom it tells us remarkably little and spams up the real flood alerts from people posting informative flood alert comments on the outskirts.The people who live within the immediate pathway of the flood need to know how far and fast the floo

I. agree to a point. I actually like hearing it's dry. I'm dry in samphran at the moment. But another 3days and it might be here.

The news focus is so solidly in Bangkok that I find it hard to get info on the rest of the country. Seems to me very relevant to know how much water is still north of Bangkok/Pathumthani/ Nonthaburi, since obviously what is up will have to come down.

I am in Don Muang and I can tell you the water is still rising and my soi is beginning to smell like Klong after a week of fooding, so if the water is moving it isn't moving fast enough!

Seems to me very relevant to know how much water is still north of Bangkok/Pathumthani/ Nonthaburi, since obviously what is up will have to come down.

Well, if you can manage to scroll through the "it's dry" trash posts from trolls you'll find out a lot of members have mentioned that the water level has more than doubled just in the past week around Don Muang. It's definitely coming south.

1 hour ago from Victoria Monument all the way to Emporium (Sukhumvit 24) all dry, a friend just went from Soi Cowboy and he did not see any flooding, traffic was low as well.

There won't be any flooding in that area until it passes Laksi/Don Muang airport. Can people stop giving redundant "it's dry" reports deep into bangkok?

No sh*t sherlock We know it's dry because the water hasn't passed certain levee points yet.

It's also very helpful to have a map handy when reading this thread.

It's also very helpful to be able to read a little Thai. If you don't, invest in a Thai map and an English map and start teaching yourself to recognize the names of places. It isn't that difficult.

Now, to get back on topic:

I'll make another trip up Phahon Yothin tomorrow, from the Lad Prao and Viphavadi-Rangist intersection to Ramintra. I'll photograph what water I see and note the time and place. I'll also try and visit Choke Chai 4. If there any special requests (eg, is Fruity open or does Tops have any cans of gas or is some soi flooded), PM me tonight. If I splurge for a cab, I might be able to investigate. (Tesco Lad Prao still had both water filters and gas this morning, if that helps anybody.)

And, while dry reports are as valid as wet reports, if someone reports that it's clear from the weekend market to Kasetsart, I see no reason to post "dry as a bone at Sena intersection" five minutes later.

The small sois along Klong Lad Prao (near Wat lad Prao) flooded 10-20 cm - according to fresh news and videos on Spring News.

what you make from this map till now only hear about report flood near wat lad prao but this map give muts bigger area !!!!

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

Unfortunately, my Thai is not good enough to tell wether or not Spring News were only reporting from the Wat Lad Prao area. I recognized some places from around there but they interwieved many people and showed clips from places I didn't recognize - so I still don't know how accurate the map might be.

Sorry, Gentlemen, there is no reason to think this is over. By my analyse, the peak of the tide today will meet the flood fron north in Bangkok starting NOW , the high tide started at sea level around 1820 and meets the flood at Bangkok between 2143 and 2245 . Thats wy many think it is standing. Momentary it is building up. That is NO PANIC, that is simply reality.

Agree with that. I'm from the Rangsit area and since most of my contacts have also evacuated, it is difficult to get information from that area. If anyone has links or info about this area or other areas outside of Bangkok, please let us know.

seems like west of the river has got the brunt of today.here in Bangkruay the water has been slowly but surely rising.Tonight might be crucial.Please be prepared for tonight and tomorrow , if we get through these days we have a good chance but it's looking risky

Sorry, Gentlemen, there is no reason to think this is over. By my analyse, the peak of the tide today will meet the flood fron north in Bangkok starting NOW , the high tide started at sea level around 1820 and meets the flood at Bangkok between 2143 and 2245 . Thats wy many think it is standing. Momentary it is building up. That is NO PANIC, that is simply reality.

Bin, the high water mark on the river was 18:30 here around Praram 3 soi 50 (a couple of Km further out past Narathiwas). I just checked the level marker again at 22:00 it was down about a meter from where it was at 18:30. The effect of the last high tide has come and gone. What do you think is going to happen?

Agree with that. I'm from the Rangsit area and since most of my contacts have also evacuated, it is difficult to get information from that area. If anyone has links or info about this area or other areas outside of Bangkok, please let us know.

I'm in Klong 4 between Nakon Nayok Road and Klong Luang. Since the surge last Saturday when the water level reached 1 metre deep in the soi, it has gradually risen 50-75 millimetres each day. It is now about 1.35-1.40 metres deep in the soi and still rising slowly; and the filthy swampy water has been in our house since Wednesday.

What get's me that Ransit and Klong Luang area were sacrificed initially, as the clowns at FROC thought this would avoid flooding Bangkok area itself.

Who's going to pay for the damage to eveybody's property and belongings, when this man made disaster (due to the Government's criminal negigence) is eventually all over?

Seems to me very relevant to know how much water is still north of Bangkok/Pathumthani/ Nonthaburi, since obviously what is up will have to come down.

Well, if you can manage to scroll through the "it's dry" trash posts from trolls you'll find out a lot of members have mentioned that the water level has more than doubled just in the past week around Don Muang. It's definitely coming south.

Mt house is in Pak Kret and was flooded over a week ago. We got out then, but our daily reports suggest that the water level has been the same for the last few days (stablised). So it's taken that long for it to finally affect some parts of BKK, even though the flow past my village (overland flow) is quite swift (over 1 m deep on the road). The river at Pak Kret is also very high (about 3.15M right now according to cctv). Depending on the tide I'd imagine flooding will worsen in BKK for a few days before it stablises. Then it will remain at that level for a while (who knows how long?). I thought I read that Nakon Sawan is drying up, and its receding in Ayuthaya now.

I'm in Klong 4 between Nakon Nayok Road and Klong Luang. Since the surge last Saturday when the water level reached 1 metre deep in the soi, it has gradually risen 50-75 millimetres each day. It is now about 1.35-1.40 metres deep in the soi and still rising slowly; and the filthy swampy water has been in our house since Wednesday.

What get's me that Ransit and Klong Luang area were sacrificed initially, as the clowns at FROC thought this would avoid flooding Bangkok area itself.

Who's going to pay for the damage to eveybody's property and belongings, when this man made disaster (due to the Government's criminal negigence) is eventually all over?

Thanks for that update phillip500. I remember that surge far to well, as I was leaving the area at that time, and it wasn't easy. I have many friends along khlongs 1, 2, and 3 and all have evacuated. From the photos and emails they sent to me, it's a nightmare. On khlong 1, some peoples homes have water nearly 4m high , and on last account it was still rising. That was 3 days ago.

I wish I had an answer as to who will pay, but rest assured, it won't be those who created this to begin with.

Actually the larger tides at the moment are in the morning (about 8am or so), not the evening high tide, which is quite a bit lower than the morning tide. It still might cause problems though, depending on how much flood water is coming down. From Monday, the peak tides start to diminish, so hopefully that will facilitate drainage.

I know that. And I know what's happening in Rangsit/Pathuthani too, it's all in this thread. What I want to know about is further north as that will give an idea how much longer/ how high the water now in those areas (and eventually coming to other areas) will rise.

If Ayutthya and Nakorn Sawon are still significantly flooded, the answer is a lot longer & a lot higher. If they've subsided, we might hope to see the worst of it in the northern part of the city over before too much longer (obviously further down stream it'll take longer and get worse before it gets better).

BTW I don't think the "dry" posts are from trolls and please note forum rules/ettiquette before calling other posters that.

Personally I find it helpful to know where it's not flooding as well as where it is, and several posters have indicated likewise. For those who don't find it useful, skip over it...just as I skip over flood reports for parts of the city I don't have a personal stake in. We've got a diverse audience here with diverse info needs so patience is in order.

I live in Ayutthaya

Water has reduced all over the Ayutthaya, along the river they are breaking down the mostly useless barriers

Outskirts of the city can be reached with all kinds of transport again since this morning

Highway 32 to Bangkok is opened for regular car as well

I live in Ayutthaya

Water has reduced all over the Ayutthaya, along the river they are breaking down the mostly useless barriers

Outskirts of the city can be reached with all kinds of transport again since this morning

Great news!!!

I live in Ayutthaya

Good news. Thanks.

I am at the Lumlukka/Pahonyothin intersection, which is about 15 minutes from Rangsit/Future Park on a good day. They got flooded first, we got the water a day, day and a half later. Now 1.5m here, and I have heard that Rangsit is even deeper around the rr station, etc. Sorry I don't have any more detailed info, but from everything I have heard and seen on TV Rangsit is submerged.

I know that. And I know what's happening in Rangsit/Pathuthani too, it's all in this thread. What I want to know about is further north as that will give an idea how much longer/ how high the water now in those areas (and eventually coming to other areas) will rise.

If Ayutthya and Nakorn Sawon are still significantly flooded, the answer is a lot longer & a lot higher. If they've subsided, we might hope to see the worst of it in the northern part of the city over before too much longer (obviously further down stream it'll take longer and get worse before it gets better).

BTW I don't think the "dry" posts are from trolls and please note forum rules/ettiquette before calling other posters that.

Personally I find it helpful to know where it's not flooding as well as where it is, and several posters have indicated likewise. For those who don't find it useful, skip over it...just as I skip over flood reports for parts of the city I don't have a personal stake in. We've got a diverse audience here with diverse info needs so patience is in order.

I agree with all of the above - I also want to know where it is dry and where it is not. (Now I understand from the tone of various posts why my friends laughingly saw my joining thaivisa.com as confirmation that I had also become a cranky old git)

I heard from a friend with a source inside FROC that the initial plan was to continue to drain the water past Rangsit, through Bangkok and out to the Gulf of Thailand. They did not expect the water to be held up for as long as it has, as the "Bangkok" gates steadfastly stayed shut until recently.

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

I live in Ayutthaya

That's very good news. That means water is draining out quickly and smoothly as Bangkok is only showing signs of slight flooding at the moment.

Thanks qualtrough and Gweiloman for that information. I had thought about going into my area tomorrow to see what the conditions were like. No need now. At least it is encouraging that Ayutthaya's water levels are decreasing now, and I hope they will begin to drain the Ransgit, Phathumthani, and Thanyaburi areas soon as well. Like everyone else, we just want to get on with our lives again. Is Nakhon Nayok still flooded like last week, or is it accessible?