Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

Along Ramkamhaeng up to Minburi and out along the 304 anybody? Can I get out of Bangkok this way?

Ramkhamhaeng from Rama 9 up to Soi 94 is bone dry. Not a drop in sight

Thanks. Thanks good news.

I hope the 304 is the same.

Edited by hehehoho

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the area of the 304 past the Ramkamheng junction. I am not sure if it's flooded or not, but there has been traffic on the road (I can hear it), including cars, so it should be passable. There is a small stretch that is subject to flooding, but the rest of the road has been reasonably good for quite some time.

I am starting to think the inner / central Bangkok (Silom, Sathorn, lower/middle Sukhumvit, Asoke, Petchaburi, Makkasan, Ekkamai, Thonglor, Ratchada, Huay Kwang etc) are going to be free of floods. Is this a reasonable assumption?

If they can continue to contain the water in the northern suburbs and channel it out through the klongs into the rivers then yes, those areas will remain dry.

Any news of Central lad Prao going down to Sutthisan past Thai Air//or direction Ratchadapisek MRT? I live Vipavadee Soi 16.

100% dry, nothing to worry about.

So now that the high tide has been and gone, masses of water are flowing out to sea as we speak? Is that the deal? Are they taking measures to increase the flow?

Self confessed flood non-expert here.

It would help if the exact Google Maps spelling of the location was used. An additional assist would be to provide Lat/Lon coordinates from Google Maps Lat/Lon tool tip feature. This feature (and others) can be enabled with Maps Labs through the gear-shaped 'options' icon at the far right on the Google Maps menu bar.

Max,

There has never been ANY exact transliterations of Thai to English - EVER.... Be creative and figure all the different spelling codes!

No kidding? Why, I had no idea! :blink: Anyway, I didn't say there were any, did I?

I was advising to use the Google Maps spelling so that GM searches would have a better chance of a hit and so that the names would be more recognizable when using GM. I assume if someone is posting then they have access to GM. It would be even better if posters would provide a GM link so that people who do not know Bangkok like the back of their ... the back of their ... the back of their beer bottle could quickly and conveniently see wheeeeeeresup.

I think most posters/readers got it.

I'm glad you can speak for "most posters" as the ones whom are not in the know would not have a clue.... Make any sense now???? And .... ummmm.... yerrrrrrrrrrrrrup! Google doesn't always get it right either!!!!

According to my wise neighbour, that would seem a fair assumption, Gweiloman. We don't live in swanky Sathorn, but we do live near Sutthisan/Lad Prao/JJ.

In my soi we put up walls and sandbags. We ravished, ransacked and pillaged the Tesco and 7-11. Yet it is still as dry as the proverbial nun's habit. Not a bit of H20 anywhere in sight for three weeks. Starting to look like Kalahari Desert. Valium now discarded.

Edited by pauleddy

Near Bangbon Klong Kwan is flooding the side of Petkasem opposite Bangbon3. Further West, a huge tentmarket near Mahidol University is seeing water, and a private school near Petkasem is flooded as well.

Today, the Nation reported a deputy Bangkok Governor sayong : "As a result there was 80 per cent chance that the 22 districts would escape flooding. They are Bang Khunthien, Bang Bon.."

Probity seems out of sync with reality here today.

F

Hello All,

I'm stuck here in Haiti (literally as i had my passport stolen) and my wife has left our home in Moobaan Lalin in the Park on Watcharaphon. We did get a neighbours report yesterday saying flood has entered the housing estate so im guessing our house is now flooded. Could anyone let me know what is the situation in the area and if the waters are still rising?

Thank you in advance and my thoughts and prays are with you all.

james.d

Just talked to a friend of mine while he was driving on Phet Kasaem. If I understood him correctly, I think Phet Kasaem may be getting some water around sai 3 and sai 4. Anyone else have any information about this area? It's close to our factory.

The klong on phetchkasem 69 is already overflowing.

Soi 104 was completely under water right up to Phetkasaem this evening.

Just talked to a friend of mine while he was driving on Phet Kasaem. If I understood him correctly, I think Phet Kasaem may be getting some water around sai 3 and sai 4. Anyone else have any information about this area? It's close to our factory.

how about soi 126?

How about soi 126?

Would it be correct to say that the Phetkasem is starting to flood? I have seen reports of flooding coming down Phuttamonthon Sai 2, 3 and 4 and also various sois.

This would cut off one of the main routes out of Bangkok to the West and South. Boromratchnanoni is already effectively closed. Only Rama II/ Route 35 remaining.

how about soi 126?

As of 6:00 PM this evening, Soi 126 looked fine.

Google maps is now showing Phetkasem itself is now flooded at Soi 108. I guess I will find out when I try to go to work tomorrow morning.

Hello All,

I'm stuck here in Haiti (literally as i had my passport stolen) and my wife has left our home in Moobaan Lalin in the Park on Watcharaphon. We did get a neighbours report yesterday saying flood has entered the housing estate so im guessing our house is now flooded. Could anyone let me know what is the situation in the area and if the waters are still rising?

james.d

I live on Watcharaphon near the 5 way junction which has minor flooding. There is heavy flooding over around Ram Indra sois 19, -39 and further down towards Laksi. I think your end of Watcharaphon is around close to 1 meter deep in water.

According to my wise neighbour, that would seem a fair assumption, Gweiloman. We don't live in swanky Sathorn, but we do live near Sutthisan/Lad Prao/JJ.

In my soi we put up walls and sandbags. We ravished, ransacked and pillaged the Tesco and 7-11. Yet it is still as dry as the proverbial nun's habit. Not a bit of H20 anywhere in sight for three weeks. Starting to look like Kalahari Desert. Valium now discarded.

Off topic but thanks for the laugh.

Hello All,

james.d

I live on Watcharaphon near the 5 way junction which has minor flooding. There is heavy flooding over around Ram Indra sois 19, -39 and further down towards Laksi. I think your end of Watcharaphon is around close to 1 meter deep in water.

Thank you for the update, stay safe.

james.d

Tesco on nut (sukhumvit 50) to Cambodia (pong nam ron/phsarprom boarder)

7.00 Still some water on the road from last night overflows comingout of the drains on sukhumvit 50 front Tesco

On the river site some soi till 30cm

Where taking the bangna chon buri expy way south many wateron both sites but no flooding houses or site roads to see

The river by bang pakong at highest point but no flood oktravel to chanthaburi and up north tothe boarder we past makham, water on both sites of the road at same level sothis could be a problem if more water come in there.

Travel time about 5 hour to the boarder and 5 hour back

Over all its wet and there is not many water needed to floodall there.

Amphur Thawi Watthana is 100% waterworld. Both khet Salathammasop and Thawi Watthana are off the map.

My car and home is flooded well over 1 meter waist level.

Thank you Thai government for screwing us over, I commend your efforts.

Not even 1 sand bag to prepare, 1 pump to drain, or even 1 vehicle to evacuate any of my neighbors in my area.

No one even told us to evacuate.

Bang Khae, Bang Pai and Nong Khaem is next.

Petch Kasem is not an elevated road so water will flow over it easily.

Any of you in these areas get out! Don't listen to anyone or the gov or tv, just get out!

The water won't stop at petchkasem.

Any news of Central lad Prao going down to Sutthisan past Thai Air//or direction Ratchadapisek MRT? I live Vipavadee Soi 16.

So now that the high tide has been and gone, masses of water are flowing out to sea as we speak? Is that the deal? Are they taking measures to increase the flow?

The PM announced yesterday that the worst is over. However, that related to flood created by the high tide.

The floods created by the runoff from the north will reach Bangkok next weekend or so. In my self-confessed non-expert opinion.

Just drove Phetkasem from Rapprapruek to Soi 112. The Phetkasem was mostly dry. No standing water, but some wet roads which looked to be from trucks maybe driving through water somewhere. Thanon Mu Ban Sathakit was under water right up to Phetkasem and people were being evacuated by police trucks. (That is by Phetkasem 102, not 104 as I early posted.)

Thought I would share what Pinehurst Golf Course (North Course) looks like these days. I took these from a small boat a few days ago. Gonna be a while before we can play there again.

http://www.taladthai.com/pinehurst/

God's way of saying he doesn't approve of the "night" golf that Pinehurst offers. Let's have a round in Windsor instead when this is all over.

The PM announced yesterday that the worst is over. However, that related to flood created by the high tide.

The floods created by the runoff from the north will reach Bangkok next weekend or so. In my self-confessed non-expert opinion.

was it not 7 days ago Dong Muang get flooded

now its about 7 miles south so 1 mile a day from the north and from the west it go about half a mile a day

so slow but steady going and still many more water to come from the north

I'm afraid this will take long time and if not for end this month we get new problems cause the high tides then will be even higher then we had now.

The high tides only affect the river levels, drainage rate and flooding in areas near the river.

90% of the flood is from the water up north. The high tide only makes the river drainage much slower.

A tsunami will come and go, this flood will last for a month!