Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

Sorry, can't read 49 pages.

Is Sukhumvit or the central tourist area flooded? I've seen ( on tv ) some areas with floods that look familiar, but not sure. They don't show anything long enough to get a good look at the buildings etc.

No, nothing along Sukhumvit or along to Siam Square area, not sure what you mean by the central tourist area, certainly there was/is some minor flooding near The Grand Palace, but that pretty near the river.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, can't read 49 pages.

Is Sukhumvit or the central tourist area flooded? I've seen ( on tv ) some areas with floods that look familiar, but not sure. They don't show anything long enough to get a good look at the buildings etc.

Thanks.

Vital tourist area still dry - Sukumvit Sois 3, 4, 5, the Tunnel, Soi 7, BierGarten, etc.

Edited by MaxYakov

Hi guys

Still hanging out in Watcharaphon, situation at the 5 Yaek is deeper water, building up a the Wattanakosin school, and they are furiously draining the water from our underground sewers in Narasiri to the canal right outside. Up to the school from the intersection, the water doesn't get past 30-40 cms., but after that it looks awfully deep. The little canal by the school is really deep too, about 50 cms. from overflowing probably...Narasiri is still dry, and hope it can stay that way!

Suk. 5 going towards Foodland is out of the question to drive in. The phattana ruamit (sic) village is still ok, though it looks like one village on the left took a bit of water, but didn't look bad, just some puddling.

Talked to a Thai guy at the bridge by the wattanakosin school, where everybody waits to get a high vehicle to go in to Sai Mai. His house is at Casaville, and he said the water in the village is about knee high. Hasn't gotten into any of the houses yet, but he said it keeps increasing a few cms. a day. He seemed hopeful though that things might improve soon.

Which brings me to a point, govt. is saying that the runoff from the North is calming down now, and they will open up sluice gates to enable greater flow of flood water to the sea. Is opening the gates a good thing for the Watcharaphon area, or a bad thing? I am not sure at this point which it is....maybe you guys have a better idea.

Good luck everybody! I hope I don't need to evacuate, but am ready to at a moment's notice if I need to.

Does anybody know what the status is around silom road ( at Sala Daeng BTS station )and Thanon Surawong.

My hotel is at Thanon Surawong but i can't find any information about possible flooding ion this area.

A friend in the area tells me its dry

Hi guys

Still hanging out in Watcharaphon, situation at the 5 Yaek is deeper water, building up a the Wattanakosin school, and they are furiously draining the water from our underground sewers in Narasiri to the canal right outside. Up to the school from the intersection, the water doesn't get past 30-40 cms., but after that it looks awfully deep. The little canal by the school is really deep too, about 50 cms. from overflowing probably...Narasiri is still dry, and hope it can stay that way!

Suk. 5 going towards Foodland is out of the question to drive in. The phattana ruamit (sic) village is still ok, though it looks like one village on the left took a bit of water, but didn't look bad, just some puddling.

Talked to a Thai guy at the bridge by the wattanakosin school, where everybody waits to get a high vehicle to go in to Sai Mai. His house is at Casaville, and he said the water in the village is about knee high. Hasn't gotten into any of the houses yet, but he said it keeps increasing a few cms. a day. He seemed hopeful though that things might improve soon.

Which brings me to a point, govt. is saying that the runoff from the North is calming down now, and they will open up sluice gates to enable greater flow of flood water to the sea. Is opening the gates a good thing for the Watcharaphon area, or a bad thing? I am not sure at this point which it is....maybe you guys have a better idea.

Good luck everybody! I hope I don't need to evacuate, but am ready to at a moment's notice if I need to.

Hi Tom,

I just got back from visiting my house around the corner from you. Noble Geo on Ruam Mit Patthana. Thers is now water pooling outside the village and in most of the sois in the village. The rest of Ruam Mit Patthana is dry. Which means our village Noble Geo is on quite low ground.

A few of the moo baan sois have water about six inches to a foot deep. The workers are busy with the pumps. I think it is inevitable that our house will flood at some point.

I think more opining of sluice gates will be very bad for Watcharaphon. As you know Ram Indra sois not too far from us are becoming heavily flooded. As you said the road to Foodland is not usable. I feel the worst is still to come and you are wise to be ready to run for the hills.

Best of luck to you and fellow Watcharapolians and eveyone else.

Just talked to a friend of mine while he was driving on Phet Kasaem. If I understood him correctly, I think Phet Kasaem may be getting some water around sai 3 and sai 4. Anyone else have any information about this area? It's close to our factory.

Hi guys

Hi Tom,

I just got back from visiting my house around the corner from you. Noble Geo on Ruam Mit Patthana. Thers is now water pooling outside the village and in most of the sois in the village. The rest of Ruam Mit Patthana is dry. Which means our village Noble Geo is on quite low ground.

A few of the moo baan sois have water about six inches to a foot deep. The workers are busy with the pumps. I think it is inevitable that our house will flood at some point.

I think more opining of sluice gates will be very bad for Watcharaphon. As you know Ram Indra sois not too far from us are becoming heavily flooded. As you said the road to Foodland is not usable. I feel the worst is still to come and you are wise to be ready to run for the hills.

Best of luck to you and fellow Watcharapolians and eveyone else.

GM Link

post-120659-0-57596800-1320060765_thumb.

The gov estimates 80-90% of Thonburi/west Bkk/west Chao Phraya will be flooded because there are no barriers to the sea. What a disaster!

Any ideas when the water will recede?

Its not looking good for the west.

Areas I thought would make it are under water.

Thawi Watthana is flooded everywhere.

I barely got out. If anywhere on the west move out now!

My car is ruined because I couldn't find a place to park.

I've read that it was the Science and technology minister who said this , so far just about evetyrhing he's said has been wrong so it's maybe possible but not for sure

Just talked to a friend of mine while he was driving on Phet Kasaem. If I understood him correctly, I think Phet Kasaem may be getting some water around sai 3 and sai 4. Anyone else have any information about this area? It's close to our factory.

Hi, yes water is slowly coming out the sewer at the corner petchkasem sai4. I saw couple companies already pumping out water onto from inside out of petchkasem

Thanks to dave111223 for the video (about Ramindra soi 7)

I normally stay in that Ramindra area & am very concerned

At the moment I'm overseas & have been trying to get real info (vs the government spin & spiel)

Thanks to all for your reliable info

Hope its all over with very soon

Paddybkk

We are in Moo Baan Saransiri 1, off Panya-Intra Road. So far, no flooding out on the main road, and zero in the Moo Baan. I just went down the back of the property and checked the main drains and they have risen 14cm in 24 hours. The water is still 50cm below road level and will require at least a 1.5m rise to make it inside the houses here. So far so good, but as with everything, time will tell.

They have 5 pumps set up at the back of the property and 2 inside the main entrance which empty into a small khlong that crosses the front of the property.

Good luck to all.

Hi, yes water is slowly coming out the sewer at the corner petchkasem sai4. I saw couple companies already pumping out water onto from inside out of petchkasem

Thanks.

Thanks to dave111223 for the video (about Ramindra soi 7)

I normally stay in that Ramindra area & am very concerned

At the moment I'm overseas & have been trying to get real info (vs the government spin & spiel)

Thanks to all for your reliable info

Hope its all over with very soon

Paddybkk

Are these real enough for you (Ramindra/Bang Khen area)?

Note that even the military is packing up its APCs and moving out.

Didn't even have to get my toes wet (much less a motorbike) to get these shots. Guaranteed without govmint spin and spiel ... maybe.

post-120659-0-72205900-1320065075_thumb.

post-120659-0-93299000-1320065093_thumb.

post-120659-0-72216100-1320065110_thumb.

post-120659-0-67666300-1320065123_thumb.

post-120659-0-47393200-1320065157_thumb.

post-120659-0-05395500-1320065177_thumb.

post-120659-0-44103100-1320065203_thumb.

post-120659-0-87611700-1320065217_thumb.

post-120659-0-91306600-1320065232_thumb.

post-120659-0-79798800-1320065252_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

It would help if the exact Google Maps spelling of the location was used. An additional assist would be to provide Lat/Lon coordinates from Google Maps Lat/Lon tool tip feature. This feature (and others) can be enabled with Maps Labs through the gear-shaped 'options' icon at the far right on the Google Maps menu bar.

Max,

There has never been ANY exact transliterations of Thai to English - EVER.... Be creative and figure all the different spelling codes!

The klong on phetchkasem 69 is already overflowing.

It would help if the exact Google Maps spelling of the location was used. An additional assist would be to provide Lat/Lon coordinates from Google Maps Lat/Lon tool tip feature. This feature (and others) can be enabled with Maps Labs through the gear-shaped 'options' icon at the far right on the Google Maps menu bar.

Max,

There has never been ANY exact transliterations of Thai to English - EVER.... Be creative and figure all the different spelling codes!

No kidding? Why, I had no idea! :blink: Anyway, I didn't say there were any, did I?

I was advising to use the Google Maps spelling so that GM searches would have a better chance of a hit and so that the names would be more recognizable when using GM. I assume if someone is posting then they have access to GM. It would be even better if posters would provide a GM link so that people who do not know Bangkok like the back of their ... the back of their ... the back of their beer bottle could quickly and conveniently see wheeeeeeresup.

I think most posters/readers got it.

Edited by MaxYakov

Thaveewattana Rd (which is between sai 3 and sai 4 has big problems. PM me if need more infos