Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

"BMA urges residents of Taling Chan, Lak Si to evacuate .."

If the Northern runoff is now sufficiently far south to evacuate Laksi what is to stop it hitting the very centre?

Are there any barriers or dykes between Laksi and the centre?

There are flood barriers erected all around the CBD (or what is now being called the CBD which seems pretty much defined as the areas within the flood barriers and hoped to keep dry...some places that arguably are also business areas have been flooded for days).

What I don't know and would like to, is exactly where these barriers are placed. It is hoped, and posisble (tho not certain) that the areas within these barriersx will still dry as they so far have. But the areas around them are going to get all the run off.

Anyone seen a m ap showing where the barriers have been erected?

Newly article 10/30

post-120659-0-67157000-1320040332_thumb.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would help if the exact Google Maps spelling of the location was used. An additional assist would be to provide Lat/Lon coordinates from Google Maps Lat/Lon tool tip feature. This feature (and others) can be enabled with Maps Labs through the gear-shaped 'options' icon at the far right on the Google Maps menu bar.

or just put it on the two maps being used. I prefer the gamlin map. But am putting info on both maps.

http://www.gamling.org/#_=_

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=213316271188739590317.0004b016cc08a39456d14

Latest update at 13.00 Monday - Mimitmai & Hat Thai Rat section closed again, there was a meeting in front of the local Govt offices this AM, but obviously wasnt resolved. Wife on her way down there now to check whats going on.

Water has now crept further south on either side of Nimitmai and is now flooding over in parts at Soi 43, but not yet too much. Didnt venture further up as the next u-turn too far!

cheers

Nimitmai Road

Large crowd has gathered at corner of Nimitmai and Hat Thai Mit road protesting the BMA's ? placement of sandbags all along centre island of Nimitmai road down to Suwintawong junction. Water slowly rising from drains at the corner of Nimitmai and Hat Thai Mit roads. Eyewitness and security from our moobarn advise approx 1000 people gathered. My wife informs me the TV states only approx 400 people but fails to advise why they are there. Maybe fishing or a boat auction??

I just left there.

Locals had blockaded both Nimitmai & Hat Thai Mid with gravel and trucks. Maybe around 70 police, with a few big meat wagons. And a red shirt guy turned up late PM to negotiate with the lock keeper. Gates had been open at about 60cm, they tried to get 80cm, but finally agreed on 75cm. The gates would probably closed down again after the crowd dispersed, which it had done by 6pm (alot of mozzies in this area, so no surprise there!)

People were complaining that the canals further down (and land also) was still 'dry', so the gates should be opened more at Hat Thai Mit to let the water flow down to Minburi, and into Saen Saep (?).

In addition, anyone wishing to travel up Nimitmai to Lam Luk Ka, road is now flooded down to Soi 53, 1km south of where it was at yesterday, so waters are definitely coming down slowly, but surely, from Klong Hok Wa, mostly filling up between Hat Thai Rat & Nimitmai Roads, and no doubt to the east of this also.

Mai sanook.......

Can anyone report the outcome of the protest at the intersection of Nimitmai rd and Hat Thai Mit road? Andy Farang gave a nice report re the sluice gates further down the road but I am interested in knowing whether or not the protesters got their way re having the sandbags removed from the middle of Nimitmai road. Someone else mentioned that Nimitmai road is now closed but I dont know if its because of the sandbag protest or because of the floods?

We are hoping to drive east on 33 through Nakhon Nayok enroute to Sa Kaew to visit in-laws on Friday. Anybody know if 33 is dry in Nakhon Nayok? Thanks.

I came back from Sa Kaeo yesterday,I had the same plan as you but my inlaws drove me crazy after a day so I decided a flood would be better company.

I did not see a drop of water on the way there or back.

Latest update at 13.00 Monday - Mimitmai & Hat Thai Rat section closed again, there was a meeting in front of the local Govt offices this AM, but obviously wasnt resolved. Wife on her way down there now to check whats going on.

Water has now crept further south on either side of Nimitmai and is now flooding over in parts at Soi 43, but not yet too much. Didnt venture further up as the next u-turn too far!

cheers

Nimitmai Road

Large crowd has gathered at corner of Nimitmai and Hat Thai Mit road protesting the BMA's ? placement of sandbags all along centre island of Nimitmai road down to Suwintawong junction. Water slowly rising from drains at the corner of Nimitmai and Hat Thai Mit roads. Eyewitness and security from our moobarn advise approx 1000 people gathered. My wife informs me the TV states only approx 400 people but fails to advise why they are there. Maybe fishing or a boat auction??

I just left there.

Locals had blockaded both Nimitmai & Hat Thai Mid with gravel and trucks. Maybe around 70 police, with a few big meat wagons. And a red shirt guy turned up late PM to negotiate with the lock keeper. Gates had been open at about 60cm, they tried to get 80cm, but finally agreed on 75cm. The gates would probably closed down again after the crowd dispersed, which it had done by 6pm (alot of mozzies in this area, so no surprise there!)

People were complaining that the canals further down (and land also) was still 'dry', so the gates should be opened more at Hat Thai Mit to let the water flow down to Minburi, and into Saen Saep (?).

In addition, anyone wishing to travel up Nimitmai to Lam Luk Ka, road is now flooded down to Soi 53, 1km south of where it was at yesterday, so waters are definitely coming down slowly, but surely, from Klong Hok Wa, mostly filling up between Hat Thai Rat & Nimitmai Roads, and no doubt to the east of this also.

Mai sanook.......

Can anyone report the outcome of the protest at the intersection of Nimitmai rd and Hat Thai Mit road? Andy Farang gave a nice report re the sluice gates further down the road but I am interested in knowing whether or not the protesters got their way re having the sandbags removed from the middle of Nimitmai road. Someone else mentioned that Nimitmai road is now closed but I dont know if its because of the sandbag protest or because of the floods?

GM Link

post-120659-0-19528300-1320042728_thumb.

We are hoping to drive east on 33 through Nakhon Nayok enroute to Sa Kaew to visit in-laws on Friday. Anybody know if 33 is dry in Nakhon Nayok? Thanks.

I came back from Sa Kaeo yesterday,I had the same plan as you but my inlaws drove me crazy after a day so I decided a flood would be better company.

laugh.gif

I understand. In fact to clarify: We will be spending only one night in Sa Kaew for the same reason. cool.gif Then on to the true destination (the unspoken real reason for the trip) to Chao Lao Beach. Love the Residence resort there.

GM Link

post-120659-0-84861300-1320043670_thumb.

Anybody know if the Immigration office is effected ? I think the area is Chueng Wattana ?

Need to get a stamp today for re-entry,I dont wanna take a trip to Jomtien

Elsewhere on this thread there have been reports of flooding in Laksi/Cheng Wattana area.

You can do this at any immigration office. Logic would presume that they are letting anyone do it at the airport too, not that logic always here. Anyone have concrete info on that?

I believe you can do re-entry permits at Suan Phlu

post here to check and see:

Here's a video of my trying to take a motorbike up Ramintra Soi 7, got about half way down then the motorbike died had to take a truck back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq7JOwSGcS4

Note that i was trying to get to Sukapiban 5 Soi 5, and Ramintra Soi 7 was the "driest" option... all the other Sois (19, 23, 39) and Phahonyothin 48 are worse than this.

Edited by dave111223

I made the trip from Union Mall/Central Lad Prao to Saphan Mai.

It was dry beyond Soi Sena.

There is some flooding (about curb level) at the Nam Wong Wan intersection.

There was still no visible flooding inside Kaset from Phaholyothin.

The flooded area reached as far as the Sena saphan. It was then clear to about Soi 47.

The road is flooded again (curb-ish on the main road), near Infantry 11 and the khlong. Soi 49 is in it.

Now the water reaches almost to Ramintra.

The traffic circle is open, but one side of the underpass is closed to traffic.

The bus I was on stopped while in Bang Khen and did not to to Saphan Mai.

I still won't make any predictions as to when/how much water will reach our 5-way intersection.

If anybody lives near Phaholythin32, and if Sena is still dry tomorrow, a "dry report" would actually make sense. Until Sena is a "wet report," it seems that the farther away the "dry reports" are, the less critical they are, eg. "It's dry on the surface of Mars." Of course, that's just me.

(Place your cursor over the photos and the captions/descriptions should appear.)

post-32175-0-19655800-1320044384_thumb.j

post-32175-0-54727500-1320044390_thumb.j

post-32175-0-22538400-1320044401_thumb.j

post-32175-0-74321800-1320044411_thumb.j

post-32175-0-80408800-1320044422_thumb.j

post-32175-0-35217200-1320044429_thumb.j

post-32175-0-53594200-1320044438_thumb.j

post-32175-0-25176000-1320044448_thumb.j

post-32175-0-21384600-1320044455_thumb.j

post-32175-0-85270400-1320044460_thumb.j

post-32175-0-70495100-1320044516_thumb.j

post-32175-0-11390600-1320044518_thumb.j

post-32175-0-45374200-1320044519_thumb.j

post-32175-0-73085200-1320044520_thumb.j

post-32175-0-03076200-1320044522_thumb.j

I would like to thank the nice folks at Nimit Mai for tearing down the flood gate.

Nice of them to send the water racing down the khlong to Khu Bon.

Out of interest, how does water from Klong Sam Wa/Hat Thai Mit get to Khu Bon? I thought Khu Bon was due west of there and fed from Klong Phraya Suren, directly south of Sai Mai?

Decent information seems to be hard to get..

Many people are confused exactly where the water is and how deep.

I could not find this information and neither could anyone I spoke too.

I thought this was quite an important thing to know for people so ... I wrote this app yesterday, as you can see some people have already

started to use it and mark the flood levels.

You just click on the area and click on a level .. easy.If the app gets many reports it automatically uses an average of the most recent. http://as-int.com/flood/ What do you think? Send it to your friends .. the more people use it the better it will be.

Shouldn't the goverment have done something like this?

Exellent App!!! Thanks a lot.:wai:

Decent information seems to be hard to get..

Many people are confused exactly where the water is and how deep.

I could not find this information and neither could anyone I spoke too.

I thought this was quite an important thing to know for people so ... I wrote this app yesterday, as you can see some people have already

started to use it and mark the flood levels.

You just click on the area and click on a level .. easy.If the app gets many reports it automatically uses an average of the most recent. http://as-int.com/flood/ What do you think? Send it to your friends .. the more people use it the better it will be.

Shouldn't the goverment have done something like this?

Exellent App!!! Thanks a lot.:wai:

Its a good idea except the fact that most of the floods are actually OUTSIDE BKK. Maybe broaden it out a little, say across to the Tha chin river in the west etc.

I would like to thank the nice folks at Nimit Mai for tearing down the flood gate.

Just saw the report on Spring News of people tearing down the embankments that I think, if I don't mix up the several embankments that was being torn down, that allows water to flow into Min Buri.

Is it too much to wish everyone that took part of this to have their houses full of mold and their possessions stolen?

Typical selfish behavior, 10 people suffer so they make sure that 20 others will too...

Out of interest, how does water from Klong Sam Wa/Hat Thai Mit get to Khu Bon? I thought Khu Bon was due west of there and fed from Klong Phraya Suren, directly south of Sai Mai?

Have a look at the khlong running roughly west-east. http://g.co/maps/rfa63

Wat Khu Bon is flooded according to scott1999. I spoke to him last night. He lives in the area. He said he would do a recon in the area to check out our soi and post pics later if he can.

Just hope he is OK.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

I can't answer that, but in trying to find a canal map I ran across this interesting Thesis on Bangkok Canals buried amidst the canal tour ads.

Here's a video of my trying to take a motorbike up Ramintra Soi 7, got about half way down then the motorbike died had to take a truck back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq7JOwSGcS4

Note that i was trying to get to Sukapiban 5 Soi 5, and Ramintra Soi 7 was the "driest" option... all the other Sois (19, 23, 39) and Phahonyothin 48 are worse than this.

excellent, thanks for the effort !

Raminthra flooding will be a huge mess :-(

Wat Khu Bon is flooded according to scott1999. I spoke to him last night. He lives in the area. He said he would do a recon in the area to check out our soi and post pics later if he can.

Just hope he is OK.

Yeh, I seen that one, and this klong actually started running east 2 days ago, quite fast too, whereas normally it is fairly static. I has assumed that if the gates at HTM were closed, then the water would therefore spread east and west along this klong, as nowhere else to go (apart from the fields around HTR and Nimitmai) - so any gate opening ceremony might actually lessen the impact in Khu Bon, as the water will flow in a straight line down to Minburi, rather than doing a right/left turn.

But I'm no water expert.........!

The gov estimates 80-90% of Thonburi/west Bkk/west Chao Phraya will be flooded because there are no barriers to the sea. What a disaster!

Any ideas when the water will recede?

Its not looking good for the west.

Areas I thought would make it are under water.

Thawi Watthana is flooded everywhere.

I barely got out. If anywhere on the west move out now!

My car is ruined because I couldn't find a place to park.

Edited by mdechgan

It is surreal. The water is relentless! It doesn't stop.

Everyone of my friends in the west is under. Pin Klao, charan, bang bua thong, all done.

The water smells and is dirty.

Be careful ants and termites climbing into the house!

Just hope he is OK.

Yeh, I seen that one, and this klong actually started running east 2 days ago, quite fast too, whereas normally it is fairly static. I has assumed that if the gates at HTM were closed, then the water would therefore spread east and west along this klong, as nowhere else to go (apart from the fields around HTR and Nimitmai) - so any gate opening ceremony might actually lessen the impact in Khu Bon, as the water will flow in a straight line down to Minburi, rather than doing a right/left turn.

But I'm no water expert.........!

I see.

Well, the water in Khu Bon area has to come from somewhere, I assume from the khlong system in that area. You can see a network of khlongs in that area. Wat Khu Bon started to flood first, so the khlong it sits next to must get water from north or east.

I am waiting for scott1999 to give a report. Hope he makes it.