Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

I live on Phutthamonthon Sai 2 and it doesn't look too good.

Looking forward to hear the morning report on your back yard water fall. Are you north or south of the east-west rail line?

No report in your area on this map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213316271188739590317.0004b016cc08a39456d14&msa=0&ll=13.73605,100.591164&spn=0.178424,0.338173

this map above is outdated.

more reliable life one http://www.gamling.org - but people, who have already relocated or where there is no more electricity etc can't put info on the map, so do expect it to be worse, than the map shows.

close to the area, where mdechgan lives, some houses by the khlongs are already covered to the first floor (means some 3.5m from the ground). That's the situation off the Wong Wien Rob Nok (route nr 9), around Thanon Suan Pak, by the khlong Bang Tan. The motorway is already flooded, but passable

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to hear the morning report on your back yard water fall. Are you north or south of the east-west rail line?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213316271188739590317.0004b016cc08a39456d14&msa=0&ll=13.73605,100.591164&spn=0.178424,0.338173

more reliable life one http://www.gamling.org - but people, who have already relocated or where there is no more electricity etc can't put info on the map, so do expect it to be worse, than the map shows.

close to the area, where mdechgan lives, some houses by the khlongs are already covered to the first floor (means some 3.5m from the ground). That's the situation off the Wong Wien Rob Nok (route nr 9), around Thanon Suan Pak, by the khlong Bang Tan. The motorway is already flooded, but passable

what does the colors mean? I am in the middle, Thaveewattana Rd Soi 9 and still relative dry and with electric.

Hi Rob, just to confirm your report re banglay ,, passed there at around 3 pm,, only 1 lane passable as you mention and only via pick up or larger vehicles, smaller vehicles are being diverted,, incidentally we travelled from Suphanburi into city this afternoon and the Suphan to Bang bua thong is closed at Sombat buri village,, no diversions in place at the time we arrived, just a barrier across the road saying road closed and many confused drivers wondering which route to take

4 km down the road from Big King Bangjay the road is flooded more then the days before. Its a good 5 cm deeper. Only the middle fast lane (not sure how to call the seperate road in the middle) has not been flooded. It looks like i have been cut of from travel.

I am 9km West of Rob, near Sai Noi. Here it is unchanged at 70 cm deep, the water is just sitting here, not flowing. I am told there will now be water rationing, it will only be available between 6 and 9 am and 5 and 8 pm.

what does the colors mean? I am in the middle, Thaveewattana Rd Soi 9 and still relative dry and with electric.

you are further 10km south-west from mdechgan, houses I was writing are 15km from you north-east. Every km counts. I do suspect that, at some stage, you will see some water. Water rose there from dry on Fr evening to some 3.5m now, so within 36h. Height of water was estimated from the road, by the level on the house walls.

red is flood, green is dry, orange a little of water. But the best to check individually each place, as those cods can be misleading.

you can log-in there by facebook

Edited by londonthai

@gunghang

thanks for posting this map

203.150.230.27/FloodMap/index.html?search=&locate=&xmin=11105110.04837066&ymin=1518928.8106264025&xmax=11303081.95162934&ymax=1639852.1893735975

excellent source, will it be updated frequently?

thanks

http://maps.google.c...178424,0.338173

I don't see a map on the gamling site. Just me or...?

you are further 10km south-west from mdechgan, houses I was writing are 15km from you north-east. Every km counts. I do suspect that, at some stage, you will see some water. Water rose there from dry on Fr evening to some 3.5m now, so within 36h. Height of water was estimated from the road, by the level on the house walls.

red is flood, green is dry, orange a little of water. But the best to check individually each place, as those cods can be misleading.

you can log-in there by facebook

I just had a walk and need to correct myself. Several places have some problem with water, specially Suanam Luang 2 and on the sides of canal. But not very critical yet.

Ayutthaya update

From what I can see the and sometimes I have heard from relatives

Around the Muang Baan, the area most shown on TV near the Lotus and highway 32 the water has receded

50-60 cm in 3 days

I leave it to the experts to tell where the water has gone, but I am sure it has not evaporated

nor did it flow back in the river. My best guess as a laymen would be it is just slowly going

downwards to Bangkok, slipping into canals and just submerging lower area's

There is still water left but that is not connected ditches or smaller khlongs and in lower area's

sealed of from open water because of the sandbags....

Some of that will need to evaporate...

Along the river people were living on the second floor, some are able to move back to the groundfloor

Family house is on poles, roughly 1.00 and the 'groundfloor' is clear....

Damages on roads are visible now and abundant, this is not going to be fixed soon, easy or cheap

Any word on Industrial Estate Lat Krabang??

Hi Guys

I know this is in the past, but i was in BKK yesterday stayed at Rhamkaemhaeng. but wasnt sure where the hell to stay as i was getting such mixed reports on the state of play around the city. Anyway, next day i took Skytrain to Ratchaprapop and wasn't sure what to expect really, but was surprised to see no flooding, was there two weeks previously and rain water not draining off was the problem then. I took BTS down to Taksin Bridge, obviously some water there but it was before high tide was due.

Then i took a Tuk Tuk over, through China Town to Democracy monument and Khosarn Rd, the only signs i saw of flooding all day, was sand bags, but the weirdest thing was the lack of traffic in areas that are normally very heavily congested areas and the distinct lack of people about. The roads around Democracy monuent on a saturday afternoon were virtually empty. It took no time at all to get around in the Tuk Tuk. In fact it was a pleasure to be driven around the centre of Bkk on this occasion.

Saen Saep Canal, through Thonglor, up from yesterday, but no signs of it overflowing.

Despite what was said in the Thailand Live section, the canal boats are still operating, the Thailand Live section said they would only operate from 06.00 - 09.00.

To contribute to this excellent idea; As of dawn today (Sunday) Sukhumvit from On Nut towards Bangna has no indication of flooding whatsoever. The Chao Praya as of yesterday evening adjacent to Wat Bang Na Inn was certainly FULL but only the gangway to the landing stage was slightly washed by the full tide in the evening. The Ferry boats were running normally and residents on the opposite side from BKK told my wife(in Thai of course) that they did not fear flooding because of H.M. the King's design and implementation of water catchment areas (I am not sure what that means exactly). If anyone wants an immediate update on this 'neck of the woods' call me on 0871017744 - if in Thai I'll pass the call to my wife in the interest of fluency and clear understanding sic!

What about the Sukhumvit Road from Bangkok to Pattaya?

I tried to contribute earlier but maybe I have not entered my report correctly. Anyway Sukhumvit from On Nut south to Bangna has had no sign whatsoever of flooding and the road to Pattaya to the best of my knowledge is also status quo!

Take the elevated toll-way and ask the booth operator when you join it for news???

Another round of ping-pong messaging from all areas of the government, this time from the water authority. Yesterday they told TAN about water restrictions in badly flooded Thonburi and eleven districts. Today it is Thonburi and six districts. I am in Bangbon, supposed to be restricted, but the water (such as it is) still flows. The outlook map provided by the "flood experts" at FROC posted on an online newspaper with the call letters BP shows a headliner with three scenarios that all look very similar and call for widespread flooding for 30 days in all areas shown, the only differences being inner Bangkok with the duration being nearly identical and only showing a variance of depth--and on the same front page is a request for people to be "patient for the next few days" by the PM. I presume we are expected to also be patient for the remaining 27 days as whatever unfolds becomes a consistent surprise.

I am apolitical, not a team player at all when it comes to policy (and knowing the test of when a politician is lying is only dependent on whether their lips are moving), nonetheless; every department, party, authority and spokesperson for the opposition, the elected government, the BMA, FROC and now the water authority look like the Keystone Cops trying to operate a Cray supercomputer in zero gravity with their hands cuffed while telling knock-knock jokes to the press and passing it off as credible news.

I am certain I am not alone in having people I love to look after here, and stripping me of the ability to make clear decisions concerning their welfare is reprehensible, irresponsible and infuriating.

I wish you all the very best in coping with this bizarre scenario, and again thank the people in this forum for providing whatever information they uncover, see and share.

Best regards from a very grumpy old man.

as i can see on the folowing maps its near flooding area

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

http://www.gamling.org/

There is a report this morning of flooding at Kasetsart University. Can anyone confirm/add detail?

Watcharaphon Update:

---I'm Back! Left last night to stay in Bangna at a 'safe house', after there was a warning of flash flood coming from Hok Wa. Called the village this morning, and it turns out they never did block in our village, as the water did not come up like they thought it would. Kind of a pain in the a$$, but due to misinformation and panic they really thought we were going to be hit hard last night. Kudos anyway to the brave village maintenance team that was going to stay and fight the water. I'm not complaining, matter of fact I am happy it is high and dry here still. Just reset all my evacuation bags, ready to do it again if I need to.

---Haven't ventured out yet much but it is pretty much the same as yesterday, except maybe 50-75 meters closer to the intersection and a little deeper. Nothing at all on the roads going towards Ramintra road. I'll try and get out a little later for some pics and an update.

Cheers

TominBKK