Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

Tom, many thanks for the great update always !! and now I know what I could expect ( and not expect ). my moo baan on the Ruam Mit Phatthana and is indeed on the lower end. let's hope for the best !

ohcanuck, my wife called our neighbours and also the property guys. information is very fuzzy, yet soi 8 is hit badly.

staggerlee, don't take any risk in such incident, bring your kid to nearest hospital as soon. good luck !!

Thanks for the pictures of our street Tom. How many days do you think it will be before the water will start to go down, and we can go back? I live 4 km north of you on Watcharapol, and the water is deeper. We're in Prachinburi now at a hotel waitin in out. My son is sick with a bacteria infection in his stomach or intestines so we are all tired trying to take care of him. Take care.

Hi ETa, my house is on soi 7. Cannot get any info about it. I do know our village is on low land and I expect water to be in the house.

May I suggest a coming home party for all fellow Watcharaphon posters when all this is over and our lives return to normal.

All the best to you.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I walked towards Rachayothin from Lad Prao intersection within the past hour.

There are some sandbags at Central I hadn't noticed before.

I stopped walking at the last pedestrian overpass prior to Rachada and Major. It's in between Tesco Lotus and the Elephant Bldg.

For the life of me, I couldn't see the water with my naked eye, and it doesn't seem to be visible in any photo, either. So, I assume it's still at Rachayothin, rising and spreading to all four corners.

Jatujak (formerly Bang Khen) post office is in the flooded area. So much for mail delivery. I rather wish I hadn't bought all that crap on ebay.

I rode up that way and at the Ratchayothin intersection there were signs indicating .8 to 1.0 meters of water to the north, encouraging lesser vehicles to head down Ratchada. There was water in the northwest corner of the intersection and it continued visible both north and west, but dry south and east. You can just make out some water in the far upper left in the attached pic from about noon, looking north at Ratcha/Yothin intersection. (wide angle lens, sorry). The other picture is inside Wat Lad Phrao, very quiet but for the large pump running. It's gated against anything bigger than a motorcycle getting through.

Other places that are wetter than yesterday:

- Wat Lad Phrao and soi 41 leading into it for the last couple of turns from Phawana. 10-30 cm

- The puddles start further south down Wang Hin, several blocks before Sena Nikhom 1 intersection (Lotus). A warning sign at the intersection suggests Sena Nikhom 1 won't be good, and I couldn't get very far north from there before u-turning since it seemed to be getting deeper toward Prasoert Manukhit.

- Water on Ratchada (first I've seen) on the west side near the Ratchada MRT station. Not much yet.

Not wet (in response to some queries):

- Central Lad Phrao and under the expressway just south of it

- Lad Phrao Soi 87 (had a few puddles last week)

- Chokchai 4 from the connector to Wang Hin (soi 85?) to Lad Phrao

- Suthisarn

post-46471-0-66622300-1320318077_thumb.j

post-46471-0-52242800-1320318747_thumb.j

Last night drove Bangsue to Ngamwongwan on Prachachuen, for the most part it was dry with the exception of a few places. In front of Kasemrad where it was flooded in the morning was dry but once you get to Pongpetch only two lanes were open. There was some flooding but it was because dykes were being built on The Mall side other wise Ngamwongan going towards Kaerai was dry.

This morning on Ngamwongwan on The Mall side there was some water, the most I have seen since flood arrived and some small klong near my moo baan in Ngamwongwan 23 were full and starting to overflow.

Couldn't agree more. We live in Laddarom Watcharapol although our entrance is off Sukhaphiban 5 ( go figure) we are hiding out in Pattaya but expect that our village will also be under water, as usual all attempts to contact Lanlord have elicited no reply. What are the chances of getting together in a clean house for a beer before Christmas?

This afternoon I went from MTT (dry) by Tiwanon (dry) en Sana Bin nam (dry) to the government center Nonthaburi on Rattan Tibet(all dry) by again Tiwanon (dry) to Pibhun Songkram (dry) to Nonthaburi market (also dry, and very bussy as always) but after that Phibun Songkram was blocked.

The way back by Tiwanon to MTT the situation was the same.

Only the newly build condo near Rama 5 Bridge was flooded.

May I suggest a coming home party for all fellow Watcharaphon posters when all this is over and our lives return to normal.

Couldn't agree more. We live in Laddarom Watcharapol although our entrance is off Sukhaphiban 5 ( go figure) we are hiding out in Pattaya but expect that our village will also be under water, as usual all attempts to contact Lanlord have elicited no reply. What are the chances of getting together in a clean house for a beer before Christmas?

ha ha ha . . . I love this idea of 'coming home party' ! although I don't know when, I hope it is not a Christmas party as well :-)

we look for the best, and prepare for the worst !

( mods, sorry for the off-topic, time for chilling out a bit )

All the best to you.

Sounds Good!

Today I drove around a bit, and noticed water in a couple places:

---Some side sois on the side of the Ek-Intra road, before the Jiffy/Jet station, by the big german beer house - water going right up the little sois to the bike path.

---I was on Pracha-Uthit Road, and was looking for a shortcut over to Ladprao, ended up on some side streets - several of them with lots of water....

I don't know if that has been reported or not...obviously the water is creeping over and under, and getting to all kinds of places.....

Edited by tominbkk

ha ha ha . . . I love this idea of 'coming home party' ! although I don't know when, I hope it is not a Christmas party as well :-)

we look for the best, and prepare for the worst !

( mods, sorry for the off-topic, time for chilling out a bit )

Understand. :)

I have returned from Major Rachayothin.

We have a problem.

Water is coming from Rachada-Pisek from the direction of Mae Nam Chao Praya.

This is what happened at Kaset a few days ago. Water started showing up on Ngam Wong Wan and it spread to Phahon Yothin. Dry patches between Kaset and Saphan Mai vanished overnight, and Kaset continued to flood.

Now the water has jumped from above to Sena all the way to Rachayothin. It's still in the pseudo-erotic phase (lapping at the intersection and the road surface is just starting to get wet). But, Rachada-Pisek in front of The Avenue is flooded curb to curb.

All is dry on RP across PY, and PY to Lad Prao is still dry. (Are we all clear on "dry" reports now? When there's water on one side of the street but not the other, sing it from the rooftops! Or, when somebody asks about a specific neighborhood, sound off!)

Now I'm going to make a prediction:

Water will spread and rise but it may not really advance for 24 hours. Friday noon, all bets are off. Saturday is when we might start getting our feet wet at Lad Prao intersection. Surfing will occur sometime between next week and American Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Lad Prao, I haven't been to Chok Chai 4 or Big C Imperal for awhile and I really don't want to go. Can people between Rachada-Pisek and The Mall Bangkapi sound off?

Can anyone tell me if the new condo buildings in Sena Nikhom - <email removed> close to Soi Sena Nikhom 2 has been flooded?

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

I walked towards Rachayothin from Lad Prao intersection within the past hour.

There are some sandbags at Central I hadn't noticed before.

I stopped walking at the last pedestrian overpass prior to Rachada and Major. It's in between Tesco Lotus and the Elephant Bldg.

For the life of me, I couldn't see the water with my naked eye, and it doesn't seem to be visible in any photo, either. So, I assume it's still at Rachayothin, rising and spreading to all four corners.

Jatujak (formerly Bang Khen) post office is in the flooded area. So much for mail delivery. I rather wish I hadn't bought all that crap on ebay.

nice pictures just saw thai tv same side as you took it now all ready flooded on right site + 30 cm in front elephant building. so it coming quick now they expected at central ladphrao to night.

More Muang ake and Rangsit university pics.

It's a real mess and no signs of the water going down.

IMG-20111103-WA0005.jpg

Wow - thanks for the pics - that's quite astounding. If that area's at a significantly lower elevation to all surrounding sides, the water isn't going to drain off for ages. So sorry for those effected there. Best wishes.

just heard from 3rd person removed that water is approaching Victory Monument...can anyone [that's left in bkk!] confirm?

Tried to call a friend round there but he didn't answer but I know that another friend of mine in Lad Prao is 50cm under.I would say its going to reach parts of the centre if not tonight then tomorrow

just heard from 3rd person removed that water is approaching Victory Monument...can anyone [that's left in bkk!] confirm?

"approaching"...

Well, there is a lot of water heading there about 8km North. It might even get there in 2 days.

"approaching"...

Well, there is a lot of water heading there about 8km North. It might even get there in 2 days.

I am living in the area and it's dry right now. Might take a ride on my motorcycle to check to see where the water is, just hope I can get back!

Have ridden a bike with my friend up to Ratchapidisek Road / Vibhawadi junction and it is flooded even outside Hino offices. travelled along then took Paholyothin Road and the flooding continues past Major Cineplex there with TV crews in attendance. I took a video of it all but it is too big to put here and I am not expert enough to reduce its size...

I too believe it will hit Lad Prao very soon....and onwards. Good luck to all.

it seems to come from both sites in now

just hear from friend at mall bangkapi all ready showing water comming up the drains

will see where it go

the area around ramkhamheng universitie is average 1 meter lower then the surounding area

not want to be there

it seems to come from both sites in now

just hear from friend at mall bangkapi all ready showing water comming up the drains

will see where it go

the area around ramkhamheng universitie is average 1 meter lower then the surounding area

not want to be there

when it's coming up the drains be fully alert in that area. I saw the SanSaeb Canal was pretty high at 8pm. The last boat had troubles to make it back.

"approaching"...

FWIW, Assoc. Prof. Seree Supratid MD (as seen on Thai PBS and whom I think of as 'Dr. Flood'), stated last night that they were monitoring the flow in real time and the water was progressing southward at 1.8 KM/day.