Firefox Problems

Thomas_Merton

I recently re-installed Firefox on my machine, but have problems using all the functions in Thaivisa's edit program.

I am running Firefox 1.0.6 with the following extensions:

Firefox 1.0.6

Spellbound 0.7.3

Copy Plain Text 0.3.1

JustBlogIt 0.1

ReloadEvery 0.6.1

Adblock v.5

Fasterfox 0.7.9

Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.2.6

DictionarySearch 0.9.3

ShowIP 0.7.9

Updating to Firefox 1.0.7 only makes matters worse.

Anyone know of a solution?

/deleted

This bugs me to no end. When someone is asking for help with a software problem the solution is not to recommend that they just try a new program. If they ask if anyone knows of a better program, fine, but if they ask for help with a specific piece of software, either help them with it or move on. Otherwise every help thread turns into everyone arguing over their own favourite programs which really does little to help the poster with his problem. :o

Edited by cdnvic

Thomas, try disabling adblock for a bit and see if the functions come back. I had some buttons and emoticons disappear and it turned out to be the adblock ruleset. Once you do that repost with the results and we'll go from there.

cv

Thomas, try disabling adblock for a bit and see if the functions come back. I had some buttons and emoticons disappear and it turned out to be the adblock ruleset. Once you do that repost with the results and we'll go from there.

cv

Removed adblock now let's see:

Firefox is, without doubt the best browser.

Thanks alot cdnvic - you have solved the problem.

//Edit: I have also noticed that the full use of the back arrow has returned - more than compensating for the loss of adblock (which had limited use anyway). Thanks again to the Maple Leaf.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

cv

Removed adblock now let's see:

Firefox is, without doubt the best browser.

Thanks alot cdnvic - you have solved the problem.

//Edit: I have also noticed that the full use of the back arrow has returned - more than compensating for the loss of adblock (which had limited use anyway). Thanks again to the Maple Leaf.

Thomas, you may find this information useful:

Re-install Adblock, and make sure that the following scripts are NOT blocked:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/jscripts/ipb_bbcode.js

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/jscripts/ipb_global.js

Those are the scripts that MUST be allowed to get all the functions to work. You can then happily block the logo and other stuff that simply chew up bandwidth.

ALSO, you should only rarely need to use the "back" button in Firefox. Install "TabMixPlus" from here: http://tmp.garyr.net/beta%200.3/ . The file is called "tabmix0.3b2005111801.xpi". Later versions will have slightly different names.

Let me know if you want installation instructions.

This extension allow every web page you open to be opened in a new "tab". No need to go backwards or forwards - just click on the tab which has the label of the web page you want to see. When you've finished with it, click on the tab's "Close" icon to close it. Then you instantly return to where you were.

I promise you, once you start to use it, you'll wonder how you ever browsed without it.

(OMG, what have I done? Even more Merton posts? :o )

:D