High Class Thai Restaurant, Pattaya

hazelandhoward

Can any one recommend a high class Thai restaurant in Pattaya or Jomtien please, not the sugar Hut as when we were last there a couple of years ago was very disappointed as it had really gone down hill, Pic kitchen was ok as food alright but couldent stand the noise of the Jazz band.

H & H

High class in Pattaya? Let's see now......

No, sorry.

Intrigued at what the OP terms as 'high class' especially with Sugar Hut and PIC Kitchen listed as candidates and the latter being downgraded for it's food. If it's not the menu is it the ambiance? Or the clientele?

Have you tried Mantra?

I'd say Mum Aroy, Pattaya third road, or Suttangrak on Jomtien beach road. Not really high class, but great Thai food in nice settings with a price that would compete with a high class restaurant.

And don't forget Cabbage and Condoms. :)

Mum Aroi is high class in terms of Thai/Seafood. Both locations are in a beautiful open air setting. The second location is directly at the beach, at the end of Naklua road: http://g.co/maps/88d8r. I can recommend both. If you intend to go at the weekend, consider make a reservation, especially the one at the beach.

Birds and Bees, Cabbages and Condoms on the beach at Pratumnak. Much better than you would imagine.

Was at C & C a year or so ago. Beautiful location, but so so food and warm beer.......... :annoyed:

I think it's called Siam Elephant...the Thai resto at the Siam Bayview (or Bayshore) Hotel...the one towards the Bali Hai end of Walking Street.

That's the place I linked to about in post 10. I've heard good things about the food there. Too posh for me though.

Birds and Bees, Cabbages and Condoms on the beach at Pratumnak. Much better than you would imagine.

What a location, and great place for a meal.

BUT the food and service is so bad, its laughable.

Real shame.

Any time I've been there it was always quiet so never a problem with service. Always a waitress hovering nearby. As for the food, I let my missus do the ordering and she lets them know exactly what she wants, so again I couldn't complain.

And, as you say, stunning location, especially after dark.

I think it's called Siam Elephant...the Thai resto at the Siam Bayview (or Bayshore) Hotel...the one towards the Bali Hai end of Walking Street.

That's the place I linked to about in post 10. I've heard good things about the food there. Too posh for me though.

Always seems to get good reviews in the local press (for what that's worth) but it is posh if one is looking for some nice atmosphere with their Thai food. But like you, would never pay such prices and ++ for Thai food.

Real shame.

:thumbsup:

Real shame.

Any time I've been there it was always quiet so never a problem with service. Always a waitress hovering nearby. As for the food, I let my missus do the ordering and she lets them know exactly what she wants, so again I couldn't complain.

I had half a plate of snapper fillet, potatoes and veggies, but with almost no taste.......

Ordered specifically beer yen yen, but got warm beer, and when I complained, I was offered ice - just like in a side walk place in Isaan.......... ;)

What amazed me most about C&C was the rice.

It was so overcooked it was just one lump of stodge, which really surprised me, as Thais are very fussy when it comes to rice, and if you cant get cooking rice correct, then ..... !

The Miang Kham appetizer is lovely, and the Roast Duck Mussaman is also very good.

But every other dish I have tried has been very bland.

My last visit, we turned up at 5.30pm picked a seat with a glorious view of the sun setting, after 5 minutes I went in search of a waitress, and when I found one, was told that the staff didnt start work until 6pm.

Every year I try C&C hoping that its improved .

What amazed me most about C&C was the rice.

It was so overcooked it was just one lump of stodge, which really surprised me, as Thais are very fussy when it comes to rice, and if you cant get cooking rice correct, then ..... !

The Miang Kham appetizer is lovely, and the Roast Duck Mussaman is also very good.

But every other dish I have tried has been very bland.

My last visit, we turned up at 5.30pm picked a seat with a glorious view of the sun setting, after 5 minutes I went in search of a waitress, and when I found one, was told that the staff didnt start work until 6pm.

Every year I try C&C hoping that its improved .

Mantra is nice

This place looks good and very fancy, haven't been myself --

Been once, wasn't impressed with the menu and couldn't find anything Thai that I fancied so ended up with a burger.

Only had Heinekin beer :bah:

Expensive too but a great location.

Edit: deleteed video link for Glass House

Edited by PattayaParent

If you can get transport to Bang Saray, do it.

There are several Seafood restaurants along the water.

Look for the charming place near the end of town with a log walk down a rickety pier.

Nice.

Save yourself the journey, stop at Ban Amphur - far better seafood places there!!