Man killed by propeller of small plane at Indonesian airport

News_Editor

Man killed by propeller of small plane at Indonesian airport

2011-10-16 17:40:21 GMT+7 (ICT)

MAKASSAR, INDONESIA (BNO NEWS) -- A man was killed at an Indonesian airport on early Saturday morning when he was hit in the face by the propeller of a small plane, local media reported on Sunday.

The incident happened at around 7.15 a.m. local time when a Cessna aircraft carrying two people was about to take off from Runway 13 at Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport near Makassar, the provincial capital of South Sulawesi, according to the Jakarta Post.

"The aircraft was preparing to take off and was waiting for clearance from air traffic control when the pilot heard a crash," airport official Rachman Syafrie told the newspaper. He said the face of the victim, who was identified as 28-year-old farmer Sainuddin, was unrecognizable.

It remains a mystery how Sainuddin managed to slip past security and access the runway. "We are still investigating how the victim infiltrated the airport as security is normally tight and the airport is surrounded by a fence. This is an anomaly," the airport official was quoted as saying.

It was also not immediately clear why Sainuddin was at the airport in the first place, although the Jakarta Post reported that he was a frequent traveler to Kolaka in Southeast Sulawesi where he has relatives.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-10-16

Poor bastard. Asians really hate losing face.

LOL and OUCH at the same time..... Very black... nearly spat my drink over my keyboard... Funny, but I suspect you're going to get hammered by some for being insensitive... Nah, funny line !

Then l will look at your posts in a different light in future if the post makes your day. ;)

LOL and OUCH at the same time..... Very black... nearly spat my drink over my keyboard... Funny, but I suspect you're going to get hammered by some for being insensitive... Nah, funny line !

I'm with you man- very black tasteless humor indeed, but that is what makes it so good.

I envisioned the scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy is fighting the big guy, the airplane slowly rolls around on him and the next thing you see is the splatter.

I'm with you man- very black tasteless humor indeed, but that is what makes it so good.

I envisioned the scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy is fighting the big guy, the airplane slowly rolls around on him and the next thing you see is the splatter.

Actually - T.A. was right. It was very tasteless... But again, it was the distaste which made the reply shocking and somewhat entertaining in a very black-humor manner.

When reading the post, I was in a hospital bed at the time recovering from an event which very nearly caused my premature departure. Needless to say, as incorrect as it may seem my sense of humor was particularly dark at that moment.