Minburi Area

Spaniel

I am just down the road from Safari World, and although there are sandbags about, there is no definite signs of flooding. In fact, i would estimate that only a small percentage of homes/shops/moo baan's actually have any sort of protection. I have to leave Thailand Thursday for a week, so I hope all is where I left it when I return?

I am just down the road from Safari World, and although there are sandbags about, there is no definite signs of flooding. In fact, i would estimate that only a small percentage of homes/shops/moo baan's actually have any sort of protection. I have to leave Thailand Thursday for a week, so I hope all is where I left it when I return?

I'm also just down from Safari and there is zero flooding here, unless things rapidly change for the worse I think we all safe here.....Cheers :)

There was no flooding in my area to report this morning, we are on the west side of the 'flood barrier' which is formed by Hathairat Road, though only by a couple of Km's. I don't hold a lot of faith in Hathairat stopping flood waters of 1 metre or over.

I would say around 50% of the houses/shops have sand bags out and some only put them in place at night. Some people are visibly worried, some are very nonchalant that the area won't flood.

Also, the Thai Flood maps of Minburi and Khlomg Samwa is a bit misleading as it shows a lot of areas in blue (flooded) that are actually aqua culture areas (fish and shrimp farms).

Bad news.

Seven high risk areas in Bangkok have just been announced:

http://floodthailand.net/index.php?option=com_fabrik&c=form&view=details&Itemid=27&fabrik=34&rowid=235&tableid=34 [Thai language]

They are: Lat Krabang, Nong jork, Minburi, Klong Sam Wa, Khannayao, Sai Mai, Baan Khen.

Some of these (e.g. Khannayao) are definitely inside the flood barrier. It looks like they're not expecting the barrier to be effective.

The only good news is that the site says the water levels will rise gradually, rather than surge.

Time to put your wellies on.

Bad news.

http://floodthailand...=235&tableid=34 [Thai language]

They are: Lat Krabang, Nong jork, Minburi, Klong Sam Wa, Khannayao, Sai Mai, Baan Khen.

Some of these (e.g. Khannayao) are definitely inside the flood barrier. It looks like they're not expecting the barrier to be effective.

The only good news is that the site says the water levels will rise gradually, rather than surge.

Whew!!! lucky we can all read Thai script huh?

My only thought is do i buy 5 or 10 slabs of beer?...Noah

Bad news.

http://floodthailand...=235&tableid=34 [Thai language]

They're falling like dominoes now.

We have secured our house (Ramintar Village) as best we can, sandbags, furniture moved upstairs etc. and since over 1 meter of water is possible, rather then be traped here we are off to Pattaya this afternoon to wait out the floods. That will also solve the problem of what to do with the car. Anyone else leaving town?

We have secured our house (Ramintar Village) as best we can, sandbags, furniture moved upstairs etc. and since over 1 meter of water is possible, rather then be traped here we are off to Pattaya this afternoon to wait out the floods. That will also solve the problem of what to do with the car. Anyone else leaving town?

Yep, we left Khu Bon Rd, Ram. Soi 71.

Also ran to Patters. :rolleyes:

I am at the borderline of Min Buri and Latkrabang, effectively Ramkhamhaeng Soi 164 in Moo Baan Perfect Place.

So far no flooding

The klong behind my house, which is the borderline between Latkrabang and Minburi is still at the same low level as it was 2 weeks ago.