Assistance For Bangkok Bank Customers

My question is regarding the Bangkok Bank website. I'd like to know if it is possible to pay someone using a "pay code" without knowing their account name and account number.

The text message I was sent looks something like this

Nok Air Payment Info

Pay Code: 3123131

Time Limit: 1 Nov 11:59

Amount: 2011.40 THB

ROI-BKK

Given the current situation with the floods this is not being advertised yet, but I decided it was worth giving TV members a headsup. This product from PREVX is a state of the art malware detector and effectively reduces the risk from Phishing. It is free for all Bangkok Bank customers to download and is configured to protect them when using iBanking.

PREVX is one of the new generation Cloud-based solutions. It will also give you the option to scan your machine for free. But if you want to clean it you will need to either buy their full product or use another product.

However, this is more than a normal AV solution and when online it really does provide an additional layer of protection. You can run SafeOnline with your existing AV solution turned on.

Please just follow this link and please give it a try. MAC version coming soon. Thanks

Ian

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Online%20Banking/For%20Personal/iBanking/Services/Pages/Prevx.aspx

Thanks Ian

My question is regarding the Bangkok Bank website. I'd like to know if it is possible to pay someone using a "pay code" without knowing their account name and account number.

Nok Air Payment Info

ROI-BKK

Yes it is possible. Have just checked on one of our ATM machines. The information regarding account number will be preloaded but not visible when you use the ATM. Select "other service" after you have entered your PIN number. The machine will walk you through the process. You will be identified by Nok Air on their Bank statement through the reference number given you

This is not a big deal....but the fewer times I have to walk into a bank (any bank) the easier my life is.

Life would be much better if: I could get a new passbook at any Bangkok Branch, instead of the one where I opened my account.

barring that:

Life would be much better if: my new passbook had a gazillion (okay, more than 16) pages so I wouldn't have to ever get a new one.

Getting a new passbook isn't as easy as it may seem. At least in Udon, you're in a queue with everyone who's opening a new account, replacing/getting ATM cards, etc. There's usually 1-2 employees working the queue, and because of the paperwork involved, the line moves very slowly.

It just seems to me there's got to be a more modern way of doing business.....but at least if my renewed passbook had more pages, I wouldn't have to worry about getting it renewed ever again.

Think this must be a local branch lack of knowledge issue, as my account is based at the head office in BKK but have no problems getting a new passbook at my nearest satellite branch at my local mall.

Nok Air Payment Info

ROI-BKK

Yes it is possible. Have just checked on one of our ATM machines. The information regarding account number will be preloaded but not visible when you use the ATM. Select "other service" after you have entered your PIN number. The machine will walk you through the process. You will be identified by Nok Air on their Bank statement through the reference number given you

Good to know. It was confusing for me when I saw the option, so I just opted to do credit card payment, which required Verified-by-Visa enrollment. After setting up that initial pin #, every other time I use the debit card to pay for something online that requires VbV, it is simple.

Dave, you should do a series of articles here on some lesser-known features that Bangkok Bank offers. I'm sure there are lots of things that we don't have the awareness of how to properly take advantage of.