Best Way To Sell A House In Pattaya

JolyonB

So if the OP advertises his place in Russian, Thai, Hindi and Arabic it's problem solved?

A few Russians may be buying from new developers, but re-sale? Indians and Arabs forget it. As for Thais, drop your price by about 75% and they may come round for a sniff.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend thought he had sold his house recently but then the buying dropped the buying price at the last minute by 400,000 baht so the sale fell through.

I'm told this is not uncommon. I'm also told that when it does happen, the sale often continues at the lower price.

As an old school Brit it seems a bit underhand to me but "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword", I suppose.

OP still has no comment to make, but the real estate catchphrase of "location, location, location" sorta lets him down here. I know the property and the village very well, and it is pretty remote. Probably a good 35 minute drive to any decent supermarkets or night life. It is probably nearer to Laem Chabang. There are all sorts of legal problems, he might own his house, but the auctioneer's gavel awaits for others in the village. He knew about all this when he bought, maybe just caught the last of the pre-crash euphoria and greed. For a man with his Thailand experience, it was rather silly.

Two posts removed from view, one defamation and the other is just plain inflammatory. You will both be hearing from me.

I can keep this topic open if we can discuss rationally if not not it will be closed, the choice is yours.

Anyone with a personal axe to grind about a specific property or estate agent better watch out, I do know what is going down on this thread so be warned!!

Thanks to those members who have made constructive comments. I was basically looking for the best low cost property web sites or any other ideas. I have ignored the general abuse and, as you say, at least one, with an axe to grind..

Two posts removed from view, one defamation and the other is just plain inflammatory. You will both be hearing from me.

I can keep this topic open if we can discuss rationally if not not it will be closed, the choice is yours.

Anyone with a personal axe to grind about a specific property or estate agent better watch out, I do know what is going down on this thread so be warned!!

Thanks to those members who have made constructive comments. I was basically looking for the best low cost property web sites or any other ideas. I have ignored the general abuse and, as you say, at least one, with an axe to grind..

John, no one has an axe to grind. But you were just asking for it when you originally posted this thread. Only thing about life is that there are no rehearsals so put it all down to experience

John, no one has an axe to grind. But you were just asking for it when you originally posted this thread. Only thing about life is that there are no rehearsals so put it all down to experience

Dear Mr Prefab

I dont know what you are on about but please.dont tell me as I shall not respond. Anyway I hope you get your own problem sorted out, whatever it may be

Regards Jolyon B.

8.5m baht is no small chunk of change. It is around £175k or $275k. Many folks "retiring" to Pattaya don't have this amount, even after a lifetime of "work".

I can rent a 3 bed house with a pool and a decent garden long term for no more than 25k a month. I could spend 100k I know but no need to. Say that works out to 300k a year and a post tax return on investments of 6% and you have a figure of 5m, raise that return to 10% and you get a figure of 3m baht. Now just how good is this 8.5m baht house that you can never legally own, which you could lose in the blink of an eye and you start to wonder why people would ever buy, if they had the cash to invest somewhere else. Putting your money into investments in a safe country means never losing them, unlike Thailand's houses !

Yet I like owning my own house. I value the ability to do what I want with it and feeling relatively safe in the knowledge than at least the landlord cannot sell it out from underneath me. I wouldn't however part with 8.5m to buy a house. I could see me paying 25m for one if I could justify it though.

7 years ago the £ was worth around 75 baht. Today it is worth 48 baht. That 8.5m house used to cost only £113k, not £175k, now almost 50% dearer. Add in recession and you have the answer why westerners are not queuing up to buy houses in Pattaya. Russians and the like never knew these exchange rates and those buying now are often using cash from dubious origins.

7 years ago the £ was worth around 75 baht. Today it is worth 48 baht. That 8.5m house used to cost only £113k, not £175k, now almost 50% dearer. Add in recession and you have the answer why westerners are not queuing up to buy houses in Pattaya. Russians and the like never knew these exchange rates and those buying now are often using cash from dubious origins.

Calculated on todays exchange an increase of nearly 3.1 million baht for that 8.5m house from around 7 years ago :)

So if the OP advertises his place in Russian, Thai, Hindi and Arabic it's problem solved?

A few Russians may be buying from new developers, but re-sale? Indians and Arabs forget it. As for Thais, drop your price by about 75% and they may come round for a sniff.

Arabs at present are not buying, Indians are purchasing low cost condos such as Nirun and 9 Karat....Russians are buying anything from the likes of Nirun upto resale houses at the 20mil mark.....maybe you dont want to believe it but it is true...oh, and the Thais are snapping up places like Bang Saray and AD Condos...

8MB in VT3 will get you a lot more than 55sqm. More like 120sqm I would say, or maybe 3 48sqm studios knocked into one 144sqm unit. It might even get you a Jomtien-side front corner unit in VT3A, and that would be something worth having.

8MB in VT3 will get you a lot more than 55sqm. More like 120sqm I would say, or maybe 3 48sqm studios knocked into one 144sqm unit. It might even get you a Jomtien-side front corner unit in VT3A, and that would be something worth having.

Now that would be an impressive space, I imagine the views from up there are very impressive too! :)