Any Gyms Near San Sai Noi/Payap Uni Area?

alexpoker

There is a small but OK Gym in Tanawan village, older equipment but well maintained. It is a gym though not a fancy fitness centre, lots of free weights etc. They also have a big swimming pool as well. Tanawan village is the moo baan behind mee chok plaza, so if you were coming from town you would get to the traffic lights on the 1001 with Mcdonalds and rimping, go straight across (towards Mae-Jo) past Mc donalds on your left, past the market and before you get to the petrol station turn left. Half way down the main road is the swimming pool and gym area. It costs 500thb for a years membership for the Gym and 20thb every time you train. I'm not sure on the price of the swimming pool membership but you can pay a daily rate of 30thb. I used the place for 3 years before moving off the moo baan and its a little too far away now. It opens 8am - 8pm (closed Mondays apart from school holidays) If you avoid 12pm-4pm you usually have the place to yourself. The weekends get a little busy after 10am though.

also the one in the street behind the old carrefour (now Big C) ... just along from the rear entrance and on the first floor

Home Fitness is behind BigC Extra and next to Wawee Coffee. Very friendly brothers who own the place. Gets crowded around 5-7pm.

There is also a new weight room in Payap itself in the men's Omega dorm. I think if you just turned up, no one would care. Tell them you study Thai....

Edited by insertmembernamehere

also the one in the street behind the old carrefour (now Big C) ... just along from the rear entrance and on the first floor

Home Fitness is behind BigC Extra and next to Wawee Coffee. Very friendly brothers who own the place. Gets crowded around 5-7pm.

There is also a new weight room in Payap itself in the men's Omega dorm. I think if you just turned up, no one would care. Tell them you study Thai....

do they have treaqdmills and bikes there also?

rick

• 5 weeks later...

So I went to Home Fitness behind Big C Extra. its 70 baht per time and 1000baht per month. I take a one time ticket as the receptionist gives me some info about where things are and how much I can put on each bar max. Last rule: Dont make any grunting or other noises while training, lol.

I start putting weights on a barbell but accidently knock over another barbell on the benchpress. These benchpress racks have these 5-6 cm incline pegs that you rest the barbell on so its pretty easy to knock them over. One half of the barbell comes crashing down to the floor making quite the noise, luckily without any weight on it. Some trainer guy comes over as I apologize and put it back in its place.

Back to training. As I finish my first set of bench press the barbell makes a noise as I put it on the pegs. Trainer guy comes over with some older man who looks like hes the boss and says that Im making too much noise! The hilarity of the situation makes me smile and I apologize. Trainer guy says, maybe Im using too much weight and tells some other guy to come spot me while I bench press! I had 90 pounds on the bar :)

Quite an amusing experience. A gym where you cant make too much noise! Not sure if Ill be going back. Location is convenient for me but the way they are anal about people making noise agitates me :)

Equipment wise the gym is decent.

There is a small but OK Gym in Tanawan village, older equipment but well maintained. It is a gym though not a fancy fitness centre, lots of free weights etc. They also have a big swimming pool as well. Tanawan village is the moo baan behind mee chok plaza, so if you were coming from town you would get to the traffic lights on the 1001 with Mcdonalds and rimping, go straight across (towards Mae-Jo) past Mc donalds on your left, past the market and before you get to the petrol station turn left. Half way down the main road is the swimming pool and gym area. It costs 500thb for a years membership for the Gym and 20thb every time you train. I'm not sure on the price of the swimming pool membership but you can pay a daily rate of 30thb. I used the place for 3 years before moving off the moo baan and its a little too far away now. It opens 8am - 8pm (closed Mondays apart from school holidays) If you avoid 12pm-4pm you usually have the place to yourself. The weekends get a little busy after 10am though.

went to check this place out it is now only 50 baht per visit no 500 baht per month but all the equipment is broken

or really really old so i would not bother with this place

rick