Jet-Ski Operators, Beach Vendors To Protect Phuket Tourists

webfact

"The installation of the CCTV cameras and the recruitment of beachfront workers as volunteers is expected to help police monitor Patong and make it more tourist friendly, he added."

The installation of the CCTV cameras is expected to put yet another backhander in someone's pocket...

Yeah, 15 million baht on installing more than 100 CCTV cameras, sounds a bit pricey :P

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....so tourists will now be Paying for the scams operated by these individuals, or PAYING for these individuals to protect them. Seems like a ' no win ' situation to me. Nothing new there then, and the police can take a back seat while the scammers are doing their work for them ? Seems like Phuket is one destination to cross off my list.

any other "good" ideas like that ? I stopped to go to Phuket years ago as well as many of my friends , expats or tourists ...... There are better , cheaper funnier and SAFER .....what next ? jet ski operator governor of phuket ?

As long as the uninformed and naieve continue to go to phuket, there will be rip offs! some people were made to be victoms!

Patong Police also plan to spend 15 million baht on installing more than 100 CCTV cameras.

15 million for installing empty boxes? laugh.gif

That's a nice Baht 150k per camera. :whistling:

You've got to do the math

Price of a camera 8,000 baht

per camera kickback to sellers relative in gov't 20,000 baht

cost to install system per camera 2000 baht

excess divided up between bibs and gov't 120,000 baht

Total per camera 150,000 baht

Simple isn't it?

You've got to do the math

Price of a camera 8,000 baht

per camera kickback to sellers relative in gov't 20,000 baht

cost to install system per camera 2000 baht

excess divided up between bibs and gov't 120,000 baht

Total per camera 150,000 baht

Simple isn't it?

Sh!t, I forgot the installation cost element. :rolleyes:

this is just too funny, it must be true....

put the foxes in charge of the henhouse, let the wolves herd the sheep... LOL

and why the CCTVs... ? that's so the BIB can see when some jet-ski extortion happens so they can rush over to be johnny-on-the-spot to help "negotiate" a settlement, or better still, to keep the jet-ski operators in line so they don't cut the BIB out of their share of any extortion money....

sunday comics on tuesday.... thx

When I moved to Thailand several years ago, I was warned that when you think you've seen the ultimate example of ridiculousness in Thailand, there's something more ridiculous waiting around the corner. The person who warned me of that is proven right once again.

The people involved in a decision to entrust some of the most blatant offenders of crimes and rip-offs against tourists to be the guardian of tourists apparently have their heads stuffed so far up their a$es that they've lost all ability to think straight.

I'm afraid that this latest stroke of "Thai genius" doesn't do much to get me back to Phuket (or feel that those stupid enough to go there will be less likely to be victims of crime).

Don't these government and police administrators/spokesmen know just how ridiculous they sound? Are they having a contest to see who can blow the most hot air without breaking into laughter?

Edited by Wavefloater

any other "good" ideas like that ? I stopped to go to Phuket years ago as well as many of my friends , expats or tourists ...... There are better , cheaper funnier and SAFER .....what next ? jet ski operator governor of phuket ?

As long as the uninformed and naieve continue to go to phuket, there will be rip offs! some people were made to be victoms!

Sadly very true.

jb1

Hahaha.

Jetski operaters and beach workers being recruited as tourist police?

Surely this can't be true.

This is laughable and will cause more problems than solving them by giving the scammers even more police power.

Happy high season..

My sentiments exactly, these are the guys that are the biggest problem creators in PATTAYA!

When I moved to Thailand several years ago, I was warned that when you think you've seen the ultimate example of ridiculousness in Thailand, there's something more ridiculous waiting around the corner. The person who warned me of that is proven right once again.

The people involved in a decision to entrust some of the most blatant offenders of crimes and rip-offs against tourists to be the guardian of tourists apparently have their heads stuffed so far up their a$es that they've lost all ability to think straight.

I'm afraid that this latest stroke of "Thai genius" doesn't do much to get me back to Phuket (or feel that those stupid enough to go there will be less likely to be victims of crime).

Don't these government and police administrators/spokesmen know just how ridiculous they sound? Are they having a contest to see who can blow the most hot air without breaking into laughter?

I am so sad that I have to agree with this statement...............................

I expect the volunteer police will help to greatly reduce the reported crime statistics.

Twenty of thirty-six cameras are not working - so the maintenance plan is to add 100 new cameras? Still no concept of planned maintenance. Glad Thailand decided not to build nuclear power plants.

Hahaha.

Jetski operaters and beach workers being recruited as tourist police?

Surely this can't be true.

This is laughable and will cause more problems than solving them by giving the scammers even more police power.

Happy high season..

Ha ha ha ha - The truth is posted - well said