Maternity Leave Entitlement?

Im wondering how long if any maternity leave new fathers are entitled to?

I know mothers are entitled to 3 months 90 days, 45 days paid for by the government and 45 by the employer, but i have no idea about for the father?

anybody give me any pointers here it would be much appreciated.

Regards

I know mothers are entitled to 3 months 90 days, 45 days paid for by the government and 45 by the employer, but i have no idea about for the father?

anybody give me any pointers here it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Where at? In Thai?

Gender parity is one of planks in TRT's platform, so new father's also get 90 days. You will also be eligible for vouchers on free baby formula, and discounted nanny and housekeeping services. Be warned that if you do sign up you can and should expect "surprise" visits by the authorities to your home. You'll need to contact your local Amphur's office to sign up, and the paperwork is a bit of a hassle, but as the program is for the benefit of the child all parents -- including farang -- are elegible to participate. See this Bangkok Post article for more information.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I especially thank you fxm for your detailed response. Indeed think too mut i am in Thailand, hence the post on this board.

I must point out however that the wife is not Thai but farang also. Does this affect the right of maternity leave for the father? The other benefits are bye the bye as factors such as breast feeding and current domestic employees would be in place.

This is turning out to be interesting so far, i look forward to reading more.

Regards