Aquiring New Passport, Or Extra Pages.

I'm British, living in BKK, and my passport is almost full. I believe I can get either new passport or extra pages at the UK embassy. Tried phoning them today but couldn't get through.

1) I'm thinking if I get a new passport I will also have a new passport number on it (I assume?), and then for any future border crossings it will appear I haven't been in the country for so long which could be an advantage for any future clampdowns. Is this right, does it make sense?

2) Also is the choice of extra pages or new passport mine, or will they just insist I get extra pages?

3) And are the embassy likely to want to know why I've been in Thailand for so long, as a tourist?

Thanks guys.

Guest IT Manager

No advantage at the border. I have 3 passports, always with me when I do an application or a crossing.

Not sure about the extra pages.

Will know from a client in a few weeks if a new passport enables you to enter the Kingdom after being removed or asked to leave.

Yes you do get a new number with the new passport but then all they ( thai immigration ) need to do is a search on someone with your name and dob if they want to check something.

if its only the stamps, the embassy dont give hoot as long as you pay.

Fees are now

- 32 page passport = Bt. 3,955.00

- 48 page passport = Bt. 4,739.00

up to you as they say

embassy

Thanks for some useful replies.

I haven't (yet) done any thing wrong to worry about but was interested in whether a new p/p would remove 'instant recognition' of numerous border crossings. So this reply has answered that question;

"A new P/P will remove the instant recognition by Immigration of back to backs."

Bye.