Restaurants On The Way Up To Big Buddha

flip

from experience they're all what you expect..

unclean, overly expensive and the food is tasteless..

standard thai food for busy areas/tourist spots

If you want good food on a view point, theres a lot of them including rang hill in phuket town. Theres 2 good restaurants.

I live on Jaofa 51 which is the road to the Big Buddha without the traffic light. Five days a week I eat at a little restaurant called the Bamboo Hut. There is no view but after living in Thailand for twelve years, I can say without hesitation that the woman who cooks is equal to or better than any cook in the country. Her food is delicious and prices very reasonable. Coming from Chao Fah Road West to Jaofa 51, turn at the Family Mart, then go about 200 meters up the road and it will be on your left. There is a small name sign and another that says "The Best Pad Thai in Phuket!" They even have a little parking lot!

I live on Jaofa 51 which is the road to the Big Buddha without the traffic light. Five days a week I eat at a little restaurant called the Bamboo Hut. There is no view but after living in Thailand for twelve years, I can say without hesitation that the woman who cooks is equal to or better than any cook in the country. Her food is delicious and prices very reasonable. Coming from Chao Fah Road West to Jaofa 51, turn at the Family Mart, then go about 200 meters up the road and it will be on your left. There is a small name sign and another that says "The Best Pad Thai in Phuket!" They even have a little parking lot!

I've eaten there quite a few times and while the food is good I have had some disappointing dishes.

The beer is invariably warm and served with a glass of ice. In my opinion their Pad Thai is just average and they only put 3 prawns in the seafood. (IMO, the best PT on the island comes from a little stall in Thanon Pisitkoraneee in Patong!)

And beware the Bamboo Hut's chairs if you weigh more than about 60 kilos. They are home made using any bits of wood and sticks the owner could purloin and very rickety, .

On the plus side it's cheap, and the owners are very nice, friendly people.

from experience they're all what you expect..

unclean, overly expensive and the food is tasteless..

standard thai food for busy areas/tourist spots

If you want good food on a view point, theres a lot of them including rang hill in phuket town. Theres 2 good restaurants.

I remember stopping at a place that did great coffee and had a great view...standing on wooden stilts about half way up I think. Didn't try the food though....