Tan Networking Off Air ?

buzz

I'm in Samui ... TAN Network has been off the air here for 2-3 days now ... is it just off air on Samui Cable, or is it off air Nationwide ?

anybody know why it is off air ?

(have the floods shut it down)

cheers,

Buzz

ASTV went OTA because of failure to pay bills from newspaper reporting and as TAN is part of ASTV suspect it is also dead on Sat feed.

Thailand's Yellow Shirt Leader Says He's Broke

Asia Sentinel - ‎3 hours ago‎

Prachatai, the independent news website in Bangkok, reported Wednesday that ASTV, Sondhi's satellite television station, had gone off the air Monday after a Dutch satellite operating company refused to grant any more credit. ASTV is six months behind ...

I just checked on their website and there is a notice saying:

"Apologies for the the loss of our feed to local cable operators ... it's still avbl on True ... and on their website ...www.tannetwork.tv "

However the on-line version not working for me - get sound but no video...

cheers

Still on-air on True Visions. But it's pretty useless. Mainly just a bunch of business features and real bad chat. With this flood crisis, it's a moment to shine, but they're amateurs. At least on NBT, TrueVisions channel 5, there is a Bangkok Post English language segment in the mornings, usually between 7 and 8, that is fairly professional and informative. At least no gaggle of females and girlie-men snickering and laughing at the effects of flooding, which is what you often get on TAN.

For the foreseeable future we won't be back on local cables due to financial constraints.

Once again, most of our news content are available online www.tannetwork.tv and of course you can watch us live via the website as well. Do tune in for our nightly Flood Minutes segment during Focus Thailand prime time at 7PM. We'll also have live translation of essential announcements from the Flood Relief Operations Center (FROC) as well.

RegardsRevadee

Revadee Jennee Phasuniramol

Network Program Manager

Thai-ASEAN News Network

102/1 Phra Arthit Road

Chanasongkram, Phra Nakhon

Bangkok 10200

Thailand

:o

TAN is still on True on Channel 78. True uses the Thaicom5 satellite on KU band to broadcast its encrypted DSTV signals.

From what I read its the NSS6 satellite (KU band) folks that cut off ASTV/TAN due to unpaid bills. So I expect if you are picking up ASTV/TAN from the NSS6 satellitte or your local cable operator was picking up it's signal from the NSS6 satellite for rebroadcast where ASTV/TAN was broadcast as a free-for-view channel then that is why you no longer have ASTV channels which includes TAN. I pickup the NSS6 satellite and ASTV/TAN is no longer there.

Edited by Pib