Free Anti Virus, Spyware?

gravion

Hey ho folks, can someone sort me out pls?

Im kind of venture out to try dling FREE antivirus, spyware etc, cos nowadays I hear theres lots of FAKE softwares.

Anyone know good free ones out there? Not the 30 day trial ones.

Also what are some of the things that can be caused by spywares?

I did google a bit, but most seems to be in the line of trying to convince the user to click the Ad, upgrade etc and pay.

Theres no such thing as input key recorder, or cookie stealer or something like that right?

I use internet to check my bank account overseas.

Any advice appreciated folks, cu

Many free ones out there such as AVG, Avast, IO Bit, Defender to name a few, everyone has their favourites. I like Avast because it has a boot function where it scans your pc before Windows starts up, I gave up on AVG as it seemed to miss many viruses.

probably not what your looking for but http://www.ubuntu.com/ (I get .75 $ for every shameless plug)......

AVG is also top notch

SIDE NOTE: if you have viruses that it misses run it through http://vscan.novirusthanks.org/ make sure to check the do not distribute the sample and PM me for PROFIT!!!

Edited by justsumhelp

I use Avast too. Changed from AVG free when AVG had problems with Zone Labs firewall.

I use Advanced SystemCare to check my system for trojans and malaware. It will also check for Registry problems and clean Junk files in it's Maintain Windows section.

ASC also has many other functions such as Diagnose System, Security, Tune Up and has Admin Tools. It is free too.

Yes there are key loggers that can detect your input via the keyboard. Trojans can send out information to other users.

A good firewall will stop most.

Best idea is to have an Anti-Virus, A Firewall and a malaware / trojan checker.

Most Free progs will want you to upgrade to their paid versions. That is only natural. But those I mentioned above are all free and rate alongside the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, why I got this expiry stuff when im using free avast????

I use Avast too. Changed from AVG free when AVG had problems with Zone Labs firewall.

I use Advanced SystemCare to check my system for trojans and malaware. It will also check for Registry problems and clean Junk files in it's Maintain Windows section.

ASC also has many other functions such as Diagnose System, Security, Tune Up and has Admin Tools. It is free too.

Yes there are key loggers that can detect your input via the keyboard. Trojans can send out information to other users.

A good firewall will stop most.

Best idea is to have an Anti-Virus, A Firewall and a malaware / trojan checker.

Most Free progs will want you to upgrade to their paid versions. That is only natural. But those I mentioned above are all free and rate alongside the best.

post-94931-0-57423700-1320063319_thumb.j

post-94931-0-54588900-1320063319_thumb.j

Edited by gravion