Help: Going To Laos Soon

So I need some information concerning my upcoming attempt to get a tourist Visa in Laos.

My number one question has to do with my plane ticket. My current TV ends November 7th, and plane ticket also leaves that day. I have currently no extensions left. I plan to go to Laos this weekend by bus or train, I don't know which one yet, and apply for a new tourist visa.

Now I know they say you need to provide a plane ticket out of the country to get a tourist visa, and I know that they don't always ask for it when you apply, but I need to know what to do about my plane ticket. My plan was to go to Laos, see what I could get as far as Tourist Visa's go, and then change the date of my flight accordingly.

So if I'm applying for a double entry, and they see my current flight leaves on the 7th, obviously much earlier than date granted for my intended stay, is this going to be an issue? Will they not grant me a double entry TV if they see my flight is leaving on the same date of my current visa's expiration? And if I was to apply only for a single visa would the same issue apply? Would they want to see a flight departure farther out? Would they wan to see an entirely new ticket? Would it be a good idea to change my flight out ahead of time, THEN go apply for the tourist visa? I would like to avoid doing this as changing flight schedules is expensive.

Other questions

Does anyone have a link to the document requirments? As I remember, it was passport, bank statement, address, plane ticket, photos, and 1000 baht.

Is it better to get to Vientiane by train or by bus? Given the flooding, would one be a better option? If I go by bus, which I heard is quicker, where can I book my ticket? How long does it take?

Look forward to hearing back.

where are you travelling from ?

you could fly to udon thani (nok air are good) and get a transfer to the border from the airport.

or get a public bus to udon or maybe there's a private company that will take you direct to the border ?

there's 2 bus stations at udon , if your coming from bkk probably will goto the city center bus station and there's a vientiene express coach that saves a lot of faffing at the border with taxis etc.

maybe you could print off the ticket but change the date on it .

last time i went i had to provide the name of hotel staying in vientiene also so find address of hotel on the internet

2 photos for thai visa - i have just done my own b4 on a printer,

maybe will need a smaller photo for the visa on arrival for laos ?

take some dollars for laos visa if you can and one extra dollar incase it's after 4pm.

there's loads of options ,

i have been many times but not recently,

you need a visa for laos i think it's 35$ and you get it at the land border, you can also pay in baht maybe 1500 ?<br>sometimes in the past they ask for a single photo,<br>also they charge extra dollar if after 4 pm .<br>you could scan your ticket and ammend the date for 5 months later maximising your chances of getting a double, very doubtful they will check and you do have a ticket . i don't know ? i think they want to stop people staying here for years with no plans.<br>maybe best to fly to udon at the moment or can fly direct to vientiene from bkk ( if you fly to vientiene i think the visa is included in some tickets but flights are much more expensive than the udon ones).<br><br>

I will be going for my second. I got my first one at the Thai embassy in Washington DC. I thought about doing this before, but I wasn't sure what kind of process they used. At the embassy in DC, which I assume is their official embassy, all they did was look at the info to make sure it was there.

Does it make a difference how many times you've come in, or how many tourist visas you have? Also what do they want to hear generally when the ask why you want to stay in Thailand? They asked me this for my extension. The real reason is I'm currently photographing the country and training muay thai, but is there a specific answer they're looking for? Like "I'm here to spend money at your hotels, go to your resorts, eat at you expensive restaurants and essentially dump my wallet out into your cities?

from what i gather they are making it harder for people to stay here long term if your a false tourist, they just want to see you have some money and are not going to be working etc,<br>you'll put the application in one morning and then they process it the next day for you to collect in the afternoon, there's no interview or questions etc - well there never used to be.<br>they have been putting red warning stamps on people going to vientiene too many times so you should be fine.<br>yours just looks like you came here on holiday and want to stay longer.<br>i wouldn't put the photography on visa application because they may think your working i would say staying in a hotel in a touristy area etc.<br>you can get a sample of the application form and fill it in well before you go.<br>i haven't been recently so i'm not 100% sure .<br>on the application form it says purpose for visit i think and duration of stay, maybe you didn't fill in the extension application form fully and they wanted to see what type of tourist you were ?<br>they may put a red stamp in your passport but no worries.<br>also with the laos currency you can't use it in thailand so spend it all there, you can also use baht in laos.<br>if you take photos and have all information etc needed you wont need the services of the agents outside the embassy, <br>many people go through the land border and then get  a taxi etc str8 to the embassy before 11:30 to put the application in before it closes at 12 or 12:30 ? then can find a hotel, but as mentioned they may want to know where your staying in vientiene so find a hotel address etc online for the application form. many hotels in the city close to the river 10 min. taxi from the embassy, <br>takes 30-40 mins to get from border to city/embassy should be maximum of 200Baht even if your on your own.<br>there are 2 embassy type buildings so just say one for passport or visa and show to taxi driver they will understand.<br><br>