Ex-Pat Bars

yasorab

Never heard of expat-bars without girls/ladies. :rolleyes:

Never? Don't get around much do you?

Without girls/ladies, I might as well drink at home - at least I will have female company in the shape of the missus :D

I even manage to drink at home without the missus around.. :whistling:

Plenty of quips but no definite answers to the OP. I have to suffer 2 nights in Yaso in 2 months & would also like any similar up to date info not having stayed over for about 6 years. I know years back any foreigner got loads of attention in the JP Emerald Disco; but I believe that closed some time ago. Any other similar places still going?.

Apparantly theres a club called THE REVENGE and thats where white get there own back,but also i here it gets its name because this is a ladyboy punishment den, some lady boy lovers in a galic bar in Buriram i here go there after watching Buriram FC getting punished.ie the punished will be punished. ha ha

I would suggest that you don't.:rolleyes: Ladies are always in the back ground at farang bars, you might not see them, but they are lurking. :)

55555555 none ,in the bars we drink in ,up the scrub. Nary a lurker ,sometimes the odd "wife" will accompany her man, but they(the ladies) sit by themselves

I would suggest that you don't.:rolleyes: Ladies are always in the back ground at farang bars, you might not see them, but they are lurking. :)

55555555 none ,in the bars we drink in ,up the scrub. Nary a lurker ,sometimes the odd "wife" will accompany her man, but they(the ladies) sit by themselves

I confirm that what afarang says is normal for this part of the country.

The ones without the farangs in are often the most fun.

Roi Et has an area of bars in the north of the town just south of the *something* Garden Hotel (stayed there - bit of a dump). Most are local 'bamboo karaoke' but you will find the odd one or two with farang in. Yaso - you'll have to go native; just look for the bars with the fairy lights on main roads going out of town. You might have to try a handful before you find anyone to strike up a conversation with.

Bamboo bars are one of those things that makes learning a bit of Thai a worthwhile hobby :rolleyes: Edit: some farang (who I vastly admire) can pull it off with sheer personality and hardly a word of Thai or Lao!

Edited by SantiSuk

Okay, very funny. I know every bar is a Girlie bar!! But I have people (family) coming over and was looking for a ex-pat foody type of place. I know about the Hotel bars and pool bars here in Yaso but they are full of Katoies not my cup of tea boys.

In RoiEt there's 101 Pizza & The White Elephant, both of which are more kinda bar restaurants which would be family friendly.

Worth taking the family out to Long Beer for a looksie too, mostly a Thai place but it'll give them an example of a "Thai Music Hall" which they might enjoy (Has pool too lol)

O.K, it seems that some do not understand the difference between an Expat bar ,and a Karaoke bar.In most of Isarn, an expat bar ,is for enjoying the Expats company and the beer. NOT for the "lurkers" as someone put it. There are none in our Expat bars..Karaoke bars bars ,in Isarn are primarily for the the locals, NOT Farang. Though on occasions ,a few Farang may patronise them.

ote name='zzzgoodnight' timestamp='1319091129' post='4778915']

Apparantly theres a club called THE REVENGE and thats where white get there own back,but also i here it gets its name because this is a ladyboy punishment den, some lady boy lovers in a galic bar in Buriram i here go there after watching Buriram FC getting punished.ie the punished will be punished. ha ha

;) ;) ;)

its a small world but i happen to have a buiram fc shirt the main sponser is chang beer e.and minor sponsers are coca cola king power and philips .like i said its asmall world james

Karaoke bars bars ,in Isarn are primarily for the the locals

It's the same all over Thailand.

As long as you are spending money not many will turn you away.

Just filling in a few gaps re Roi Et: the hotel in the entertainment district is the Petcharat Garden; The White Elephant is close to the Roi Et City Hotel in the town centre; 101 Pizza is near the central lake - Beung Phalanchai. The Thai entertainment district seems to alternate between okay and very quiet. Farangs missing the hostess scene could try floor two at the nearby Mai Thai Hotel. I've heard there are also small karaoke bars down some sois on the road that passes Makro and Tesco, but never been to these.

Thanks for your advice good bad and silly!! I will just have to get in the Navara and do a wee bit of sight seeing myself prior to my guests getting in. I will of course visit some "hospitality" bars along the way. For those who said I dont get out much, well I have lived in Thailand 15 years (not Yaso tho ) Having had a small hotel in Patong for 10 years prior to moving around and ending up in Issan. So I know as much if not more on the Girlie thing than many of you guys !! lol.