Extension Of 30 Day On-Arrival Visa

I've arrived on 1 october at Bangkok international airport and got a 30 day visa upon arrival.

Now I'm kinda stuck at the place I'm staying now and I want to stay atleast to mid November. In order to do so I need to extend my visa by a month more.

Is it possible to go to the embassy on 30th october and extend it by 30 days more, paying the 1900baht fee, or do I need to go fly out and back in?

On the forum I found this ( forum/topic/460739-visa-extension-requirements-update )link about extension but I am not sure it also applies to 30 day on-arrival visa's? I would save me quit some money if I can stay in Thailand to extend it.

Any comment is appreciated!

Cheers

You don’t have a visa per say. You are on what’s called a 30-day visa exempt entry. These can be extended up to 7 days at immigration.

If you want an additional 30 days, best bet is to do what you say and fly out and back in again.

"...got a 30 day visa upon arrival."

It sounds like you have a 30 day visa exempt entry, not a Visa On Arrival. Not all nationalities are even eligible for a VOA.

"Is it possible to go to the embassy on 30th october and extend it by 30 days more, paying the 1900baht fee, or do I need to go fly out and back in?"

What Embassy would that be? Where? You would need to go to a Thai Embassy/Consulate for a visa. No Thai E/C in Thailand.

You can go to an immigration office and for 1900 baht get a 7 day extension. They might want to see a flight out of the country within those 7 days.

You can go out and fly back in giving you another 30 days, assuming you actually did get a visa exempt entry before.

You can go out and fly back in giving you another 30 days, assuming you actually did get a visa exempt entry before.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies

Indeed I got an exempt stamp for 30 days. So I'll be looking for a cheap flight to Singapore or any place else.

You think 30 minutes turnaround time at Singepore airport is enough or should I play safe and take a flight back 6 hours later?

Is there any limit on how many exempt stamps my passport can have?

Hi guys, thanks for the replies

Indeed I got an exempt stamp for 30 days. So I'll be looking for a cheap flight to Singapore or any place else.

You think 30 minutes turnaround time at Singepore airport is enough or should I play safe and take a flight back 6 hours later?

Is there any limit on how many exempt stamps my passport can have?

30 minutes will not be enough time, as you need to pass through immigration in Singapore, or wherever you decide to go.

Usually the airlines wants you at the departing gate 30 minutes before takeoff, and don't forget that before that, you need to go through the airport security check.

There is currently no limit on visa exempt entry stamps.