Chae Son National Park

Dellboy218

They can shove the national parks where the sun don't shine.

It depends on whether it's a one time visit or not. 200 baht is okay if you are only going to visit ONCE. I hate Canaidan parks with a passion as well because they charge $10 just to park your car for any length of time. And, they close some parks in low season which means you can't even have access to places we used to use all the time.

Just came back from there today.

Wonderful waterfalls and nice Hotsprings with large Hot Spa for 20 baht each.

Had 7 Motorcycles with 9 Farang and 1 Thai.

Paid 100 baht included parking and fee.

Well worth the trip... nice mountains.

Recommend leaving early so you have more time to enjoy the place.

Yes, very nice place and a world away from Thapae Gate. They do/did spartan cabins for about a grand a night and have (no funny business... I think) massage ladies. It's a fantastic ride out there, eh, going through Mae Kampong (on treader or motor); the 1:1 hill being the highlight. Can spot Doi Suthep and Chang Dao from near the summit on a clear day... anytime soon. Also some nice digs along the stretch from Mae Kampong back towards the main road that leads to SK hotpsprings.

IMG_3389.JPG

2 months ago the rate was 30 baht for the vehicle and 40 baht for Thais and 200 for me with license and W/P. If I paid the 200 the vehicle and Thais were free. Pretty easy to do a U turn at the ticket box.

Seems to be what they want on the day. Used to go there regularly as it is a great location, some good little resorts before you get to the park entrance ranging from bungalows to 3 bedroom houses available.