New Lake....

fishingmad

Hay guys loving the fishing chat here, since as far back as i can remember i've always wanted my own fishing lake as Im getting older 33 i just dont think it will be possible in the Uk due to land costs, regulations and red tape. I lived in thailand for 5 years in the dive industry, I had to return to the UK due to family issues I recently had a 3 week visit back to thailand for my wife to visit family and take our new daughter to see them.

Also to visit a few fishing lakes to see some different concepts fisheries have, and the services complexes offer I visited a few well known lakes such as BSR, Hua Hin fishing resort, Dream Lakes Chang Mai, didnt get the chance to get to Gillhams due to the baby not feeling so well and chatching up with old pals. I had a good chat with the owner I think his name was steve "dont quote me" im crap with names. Also a few little lakes around bkk paying a few hundred baht.

So this has re-ignited my dream to open a fishing lake maybe small complex with my home on the complex and be fully hands on. Ideally I would like to buy a decent size plot of land then dug I am struggling finding information on things such as water tables cos getting water to fill the hole may be a problem lol. Also Im trying to find fish farms to source fish, small and large this is going to be a long term project as ive had every intention to return to live in thailand. At the moment im looking around the outskirts of Bangkok this ant all about charging a fortune my plan is to keep it in reach for every race and wallet size just cos someone lives in the uk or any other western country dont make you rich and deserve to be ripped off..

I dont expect ppl to do the hard work for me but if anyone has some advice of places to start gathering information or has had experience on such a project and could offer any do's or donts.

My fishing has always been around carp fishing and I will be looking at a carp lake 1st and formost but I would love a cat and predator lake for lure and fly fishing still early days but any advice would be very welcome and when it happens youll be welcomed with open arms for some cracking fishing.

thanks in advance..

stef

• 11 months later...

Hi Stef,

Did you find what you were looking for? I have a lake for sale in Chumphon if you're interested.

Cheers.

where is your lake Ginge? we are up in prachuap and always looking for new places to fish....

good luck with the lake stef....... it is one of my dreams too..... i hope you get some good advice mate, and our lines cross one day :)