Oa Visa Extension

Went to Korat Immigration yesterday to do my 90 day report. No problems and staff very pleasant and friendly. I will be doing my 12month OA extension in January 2012. Will be using pension/bank balance method. I asked how long the money needed to be in the bank before the date. I was told that the money had to be in the bank three months before my extension. To all who use Korat Immigration pleaes be aware that your need to season your money in your Thai Bank account for three months.

I will be using a combination of savings and pension, but immigration officer told me the money would still have to be in the bank three months. How do I tell her she is wrong?

Edited by Deerculler

I agree it is very difficult to tell an officer they are wrong. You shouldn't do it that way as applying at immigration offices is culturally a KOWTOW situation. If I were you I would follow the rules as you understand them there and at your meeting, ask some polite questions to clarify that you have interpreted what they really demand correctly. It's possible that you got a knee-jerk money seasoning response from someone who didn't grasp the combo method aspect of it.

Edited by Jingthing