Men And Facial Hair

sbk

Very funny article from Jezebel where guys open up about their facial hair choices, from growing a beard because its cold (I always wondered if it kept the face warmer) to this funny one:

At least for me, the bulk of my facial hair style decisions (sorry, disasters!) were done and over with during high school and early college. I never got too out there, just your multiple goatee attempts and the dreaded few months sophomore year of college when I rocked a pretty impressive soul patch. And by impressive, I of course mean the thought of it haunts my soul to this day. For those of you that continue to allow a friend, coworker, what have you walk around with those 'flavor savors,' you should do your part for world peace and let them know they kind of look like a douche. They'll thank you sooner than you'd think

and this guy , who IMO, has got it totally right:

So there's this fleeting window — somewhere between 48 and 72 hours after a good, close shave — where my facial hair achieves optimal scruffiness. It's just visible enough to look rugged and devil-may-care, but not so noticeable that people think I'm trying to grow a beard. I should really only go on first dates during that window; too soon and I look irritatingly freshfaced, too late and I look...just...Williamsburg.

As much fun as it is to grow a dirt-squirrel, a soup-catcher or a full-blown walrus-stache, for me it just comes down to practicality. I've never met a girl would prefer to kiss me through what reportedly feels like the business end of a toothbrush, let alone bring that bristly action near her ladyparts. If you prioritize your facial hair over what makes a girl happy during sexytime, you have really warped priorities.

http://jezebel.com/5843038/dudes-explain-their-facial-hair-choices?tag=guysourcing

Bristly end of the toothbrush indeed.

So, curious ladies, what do you think of facial hair on a guy?

I've had either a mustache or beard most of my adult life and nobody complained - until I came to Thailand. Seems to be less accepted here than back in the US. Most of the time just a mustache in different variety of styles. In college, full beard, goatee, <deleted> man chu, handle bar ... :)

I would venture a guess that the below would be only minor inconveniences. :D

smDOC2.gifSam.gif

In the annals of history, it has been said that a mustache is a terrible thing to shave. Indeed, the coarse tuft of hair that sits upon a man’s -- or Eastern European woman’s -- upper lip makes a statement unlike any other fashion accoutrement.

A mustache speaks to the wearer’s confidence, tells you about his sense of self, and illuminates such facts as his preference for a cold beer to a martini and a triple bacon cheeseburger over a lovely medley of spring vegetables.

But at the end of the 1970s, something went terribly, terribly wrong for mustaches. Like the giant pandas of China, the mustache became an endangered species.

Top 10: Celebrity Mustaches

I've had either a mustache or beard most of my adult life and nobody complained - until I came to Thailand. Seems to be less accepted here than back in the US. Most of the time just a mustache in different variety of styles. In college, full beard, goatee, <deleted> man chu, handle bar ... :)

I would venture a guess that the below would be only minor inconveniences. :D

smDOC2.gifSam.gif

In the annals of history, it has been said that a mustache is a terrible thing to shave. Indeed, the coarse tuft of hair that sits upon a man’s -- or Eastern European woman’s -- upper lip makes a statement unlike any other fashion accoutrement.

A mustache speaks to the wearer’s confidence, tells you about his sense of self, and illuminates such facts as his preference for a cold beer to a martini and a triple bacon cheeseburger over a lovely medley of spring vegetables.

Like this?

Villagepeople.jpg:rolleyes:

BTW Tombstone was an excellent movie and Val was a brilliant consumptive.

no use in cultivating/grooming facial hair...in Thailand/Asia in general you either got it or not...so, with the beard trimmer I take off the guide and once per week cut back to a stubble then let it grow until the next week and repeat...the wife never did like it too much but now that I am old and decrepit she probably reckons that the arrangement lends a dignified air that I wouldn't have otherwise...

with regard to the other wimminfolk, my little niece loves her uncle tutsi and his beard/stubble...the teenaged nieces scream whenever I approach for a sniff kiss so I usually keep my distance...they didn't mind when they were younger...

When you get old, a nicely-trimmed beard can help hide those ugly age spots. Which would the women prefer from a mature guy? A little scruff or a spotted leopard?

You be the judge.

sean-connery-242x300.jpg

OR

Sun%20Spots_0.jpg

Edited by Fookhaht

• 2 weeks later...

I never had the pleasure, but some women prefer men with moustaches and beards, because... well... you know... rolleyes.gif

Sean Connery is not in my age category, but I think he's handsome, a well groomed gent.

Like Softgeorge, if I were a man I would shave 1-2 a week too, the blade is just killing for the facial skin.

• 2 weeks later...

sean-connery-242x300.jpg

Hey Fookhaht, I didn't authorize you to use this image of me!!

Seriously, I grew a Zapata mo (horseshoe in this link http://www.cracked.c...dern-moustache/ ) back in the 70's when almost every man had one, and it's gone through the generational changes, and now is just a pleasant mo. My flame, 18 years my junior, loves 'designer stubble' to very short beards, so I grew one for her, and I have to say at my age, early 60's, it does look pretty damned good one me. If I'd realized how good I would have grown one years ago. Unlike this Bond, James Bond, I still have a good head of hair.

These days, it's a little more like # 10 in the above link, but not quite so bushy and longer (to the sides). Back about 20 years, when Magnum PI was big, I was frequently mistaken for Tom Selleck by Japanese tourists, and that is true. I'd line them up and sign autographs, and they just wouldn't listen or believe that I wasn't.

You're right Femme, some women do prefer mo's and beards because.....well....you DO know!! rolleyes.gifwink.gif

Edited by F4UCorsair

I never had the pleasure, but some women prefer men with moustaches and beards, because... well... you know... rolleyes.gif

Sean Connery is not in my age category, but I think he's handsome, a well groomed gent.

Like Softgeorge, if I were a man I would shave 1-2 a week too, the blade is just killing for the facial skin.

Everybody to their own, but I find it hard to believe that any woman would prefer a man with facial hair.

It looks good on some older men (Sean Connery being a prime example), but in reality is extremely unpleasant when kissing!

I've only ever had one b/f with a moustache, and found it v irritating to my skin and unpleasant when kissing.

'Stubble' looks great - but is like 'stubble' on our legs - downright unpleasant up close.

Its like ladies with hairy legs or armpits..........

Except that hairy legs or armpits look un-attractive on everyone.

As I said in my previous post, facial hair can look attractive, but I suspect all women find it unpleasant if they have to live with it!

Everybody to their own, but I find it hard to believe that any woman would prefer a man with facial hair.

It looks good on some older men (Sean Connery being a prime example), but in reality is extremely unpleasant when kissing!

I've only ever had one b/f with a moustache, and found it v irritating to my skin and unpleasant when kissing.

'Stubble' looks great - but is like 'stubble' on our legs - downright unpleasant up close.

a friend of mine many years ago was of the opposite persuasion; that men without facial hair were undesirable but it was the late 60s and etc...

from a different perspective my partner for 8 1/2 years neither shaved or trimmed her body hair for the entire time that we were together and she was quite hirsute...never bothered me as we had great sex, if sometimes a bit gooey...

F1fanatic said As I said in my previous post, facial hair can look attractive, but I suspect all women find it unpleasant if they have to live with it!

Conversely, there are women who won't go out with a man unless he has facial hair. My current says kissing a man without a moustache (at least a mo) is like eating a tomato without salt!!