Flood Will Last For Weeks

Lite Beer

Let's hope it is new water since stagnant water will lead to more problems, not disregarding the millions of mosquitoes that will be born...

Great observation cuz the "new" water is expected to be stagnation resistant, I suppose.:huh:

Continuously moving water isn't stagnant - and mosquito eggs drown in non-stagnant water.

Fair point, well made.

My apologies for misreading your post.

So does anyone know whether or not the anticipated continued flooding is new or old water cuz, as TAWP rightly said, it is static water that generally promotes ill-health (even cholera :o ) through allowing the nasties to incubate.

Consequently, if it IS old water that will be hanging around for a month or so then pre-emptive measures should be being taken immediately by the authorities, even if such does risk "unsettling" foreign investors through the invocation of a State of Emergency.

Well made, observation, TAWP.

Is the flooding expected to last for weeks residual or new flooding?

i.e. Is it expected to take weeks for the existing flood waters to drain away (flooding and/or threatening other areas in the process) or is additional/increased flooding still occuring due to continued and forecast rainfall?

I only ask because I'm due to arrive in under two weeks and thankfully my eventual destination is, as yet, relatively unscathed. I was just wondering what the likelihood of that status quo prevailing is.

Excellent question. I wish someone would provide an answer. Anyone?

The rainy season is well over and here in Rangsit we're been having beautiful sunny weather every day I-kid-you-not BUT the whole of my district (Lumlukka) will very likely be flooded in a day or two.

So what's your undisclosed destination and will Dick Cheney be there?

Edited by GazR

Is the flooding expected to last for weeks residual or new flooding?

i.e. Is it expected to take weeks for the existing flood waters to drain away (flooding and/or threatening other areas in the process) or is additional/increased flooding still occuring due to continued and forecast rainfall?

I only ask because I'm due to arrive in under two weeks and thankfully my eventual destination is, as yet, relatively unscathed. I was just wondering what the likelihood of that status quo prevailing is.

Excellent question. I wish someone would provide an answer. Anyone?

The rainy season is well over and here in Rangsit we're been having beautiful sunny weather every day I-kid-you-not BUT the whole of my district (Lumlukka) will very likely be flooded in a day or two.

So what's your undisclosed destination and will Dick Cheney be there?

No "secret" :)

Taken from another website:

"The Erawan National Park was designated in June 1975 as Thailand's 12th national park. It covers an area of 550 km² of high mountains and valleys. The eastern mountains rise to nearly 1,000 meters with shear limestone cliffs. These mountains protect the area from the eastern monsoon resulting in a low average rainfall. In summer the weather is sweltering, but it is cool between November and February. The main feature of the park is the stunning 7 tired Erawan waterfall."

News on the ground, in Kanchanaburi, is that there are already quite a lot of folk from BKK and other provinces accepting the hospitality of relatives and friends that live in Kan. Being located in a mountain range's foothills does have the ocassional advantage.

Jolly Frog guest house = 100Bt per night with a 10% discount for stays of 4 weeks +.

B)

Info I post for those living or having relatives in the Pinklao-Bangkok Noi area.

Last night, 9:PM, in Banglampu on Thanon Samsem Soi 5, water from Chao Praya was about 15 to 20 cms high.

Rim Naam (Moo ka ta) right on the water on the Pinklao side of the river, was almost all flooded.

Today Sunday, at around 7 PM, no signs of flooding in Central Pinklao.

Same time, Pata Pinklao had about 20 centimeters high of water in some parts of the street. Klongs are filing up slowly but non stop.

Intersection of Borommaratchachonnani shows some flooding in the tunnels excavated on Charansanitwong.

So far Somdet Pra Pinklao is passable and flood free.

Bangkok Noi, near the Sirirat hospital shows water level rising. Pumps seem unable to divert all the water pouring in from Chao Praya.

As I go around and see significant changes on the water level I will post.

I hope this will help some one.