Desperate Woman Attempts Suicide

britmaveric

Neeranam - like any place other place - Patters has its good/bad. I wish everyone treated each other with respect, but this isn't going to happen as you well know.

As far as the relationships goes - I'd say majority have major problems before going into a relationship. These problems don't go away and infact most likely get worse because the person affected becomes co-dependent on their respective partner.

It's sad reality, but let's be honest alot of problem resides in those entering extremely quick relationships without much courting and really getting to know one another.

Edited by britmaveric

Pattaya  is the pits in my opinion.

OK, there are some decent folks there, but you guys are the exception.

I've been speaking to a woman , and am now  friendly with, who tried to kill herself as her English bf of a few years dumped her, and she had become dependant on substances. She is now getting treated for psych problems, and alcoholism/drug addiction at the largest treatment centre in Isaan. Unfortunately the story she tells is not an exception.

Every week there I speak to to the new batch of girls, and sometimes boys from Pattaya. I don't think most people in Pattaya realise the problems that that city causes people in Isaan. Hundreds of Issan girls have to detox every year from heroin, yaa ba, alcohol and sedatives. In my time there, I have seen hundreds of girls coming back time and again for detox. One woman is now on her 11th one month detox.

It makes me  sick to go there and see these Western holiday makers treating these girls like animals.

Do they really think that these girls enjoy their work?

OK I see the worst side of these working girls possibly, but it really makes me wonder why Pattaya is not banned.

go slowly here ,if you through out every thief in thailand we would have nobody to serve us, can you imagine having to serve are selfs

You obviously have not seen the whole of Thailand.

Pattaya is not Thailand - it gets the worst from all over, including tourists.

Yes it is very sad when people become addicted to drugs...but don`t blame Pattaya. The girls go to Pattaya because they feel that they can earn easy money, as they also go to Bangkok and elsewhere...unfortunately some become addicted to drugs and drink....just as people do in all cities.

Don`t categorise all western holiday makers as being the same.....many girls you will find are treated very well by most Westerners and many infact become involved in long term good relationships.

Nobody wants to see people attempting suicide....but suicides in general are on the increase in Thailand....not just by people who have associations with Pattaya.

Neeranam - like any place other place - Patters has its good/bad. I wish everyone treated each other with respect, but this isn't going to happen as you well know.

As far as the relationships goes - I'd say majority have major problems before going into a relationship. These problems don't go away and infact most likely get worse because the person affected becomes co-dependent on their respective partner.

It's sad reality, but let's be honest alot of problem resides in those entering extremely quick relationships without much courting and really getting to know one another.

Very true, sir.

let's face it though aren't ALL women who go to Pattaya "desparate"?

Yes it is very sad when people become addicted to drugs...but don`t blame Pattaya. The girls go to Pattaya because they feel that they can earn easy money, as they also go to Bangkok and elsewhere...unfortunately some become addicted to drugs and drink....just as people do in all cities.

They realise very quickly that they can't earn easy money, well most of them - that's why they get stoned whilst sucking off some taxi driver from Bolton who weighs 20 stone and stinks of whisky.

It's hard to see things from all sides detachedly(is that a word?) whilst being in Pattaya, and doing what I do.

I guess there are good and bad, but more bad than most cities.

Edited by Neeranam

Neeranam,

You have a very jaded, depressing and pessimistic outlook on life in Pattaya, maybe it is time to find greener pastures.

I am a tourist who travels to Pattaya and probably the single best reason for me returning, besides the obvious one, is the great people, both Thai and farang, that I meet.

Your comment regarding Pattaya as "... more bad than most cities"...Ever been to the south side of Chicago? 35th and Shields on the other side of the Dan Ryan? The west side of Chicago, Cabrini Green? Detriot? Pattaya doesn't begin to sniff what a bad section of a city can be like.

Don't take yourself too seriously. For most of us Pattaya is still a paradise.

Neeranam,

You have a very jaded, depressing and pessimistic outlook on life in Pattaya, maybe it is time to find greener pastures.

I don't live in Pattaya, sorry i didn't make that clear.
Your comment regarding Pattaya as "... more bad than most cities"...Ever been to the south side of Chicago? 35th and Shields on the other side of the Dan Ryan? The west side of Chicago, Cabrini Green? Detriot? Pattaya doesn't begin to sniff what a bad section of a city can be like.

No I've never been there and never will, but I've seen bad areas of other cities.

Paradise is a paradise for foreign sex tourists - true, but not for the girls and the families of the girls that work there.

The main purpose of life is to help others, and if you can't do that - don't hurt them - HH The Dalai lama

Edited by Neeranam

Neeranam,

No I've never been there and never will, but I've seen bad areas of other cities.

Paradise is a paradise for foreign sex tourists - true, but not for the girls and the families of the girls that work there.

The main purpose of life is to help others, and if you can't do that - don't hurt them - HH The Dalai lama

A comment also based on your own opinion. :o

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-11-16 13:02:41)

Neeranam,

A comment also based on your own opinion. dry.gif

Do you disagree with this comment?

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-11-16 13:02:41)

Neeranam,

A comment also based on your own opinion. dry.gif

Do you disagree with this comment?

but not for the girls and the families of the girls that work there.

That comment .. yes :o

That comment .. yes wink.gif

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you meant the one in blue from HH The DD.

Yeah, maybe the above is just my opinion.

I am probably biased as I see the worst cases.

I'm sure there are some Thai girls in some kind of paradise there, whether stoned or not.

That comment .. yes wink.gif

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you meant the one in blue from HH The DD.

Yeah, maybe the above is just my opinion.

I am probably biased as I see the worst cases.

I'm sure there are some Thai girls in some kind of paradise there, whether stoned or not.

Your right there are but as you say only some, i agree that there are also some in horrible situations. :o

Another Richard Head know all who doesn't live here and thinks Pattaya is the worst place on earth.

Hey Neeranam you need to get out more. Ever been to Lagos? Ever been to Calcutta?

Every one in Pattaya is fed and washed. You need money to buy booze and you need money to buy drugs. Try going somewhere were there ain't even money to buy water.

Lets do each other a favour. You avoid Pattaya and I'll avoid whatever place your living in.

Another Richard Head know all who doesn't live here and thinks Pattaya is the worst place on earth.

Hey Neeranam you need to get out more. Ever been to Lagos? Ever been to Calcutta?

Every one in Pattaya is fed and washed. You need money to buy booze and you need money to buy drugs. Try going somewhere were there ain't even money to buy water.

Lets do each other a favour. You avoid Pattaya and I'll avoid whatever place your living in.

Why would I live there if I thought it were the worst place on earth?

I've spent quite some time in Calcutta, I love it there. Never been to Lagos.

I been places like Bangladesh where I haven't been able to afford to buy water.

A total nightmare!

I know what desparate people do to get money, but it doesn't make it right.

Maybe you don't know it all or choose not to - good luck to you :o

Ignorance is BLISS, as they say.

Edited by Neeranam

Some of the girls may go home every 6 months for detox. Some of these girls are

going home with tens of millions of bht that they have tricked out of European men.

These women return to their Thai husband (introduced to the farang boyfriend as

“my brother”) and send the farang back to Europe with a broken heart and a broken

bank balance.