What'S With All The Traffic

ES1

Today (a sunday) beach rd and 2nd rd were a parking lot from North Pattaya rd to south pattaya rd. In Jomtien it was bumper to bumper as well. Eventually one way traffic controls were put in to ease congestion which made it a royal pain to get from Naklua to beach rd and then from Central Pattaya rd to Soi Buakao. Both those routes were blocked. So I had to go up n pattaya road a ways...make a uturn then go down beach up central which was blocked at 2nd rd so then had to go down 2nd rd a ways and 2 lefts to get to central then left to buakao was blocked so again had to go down a ways and do a u turn. A royal pain.

Perhaps everyone getting out of Bkk instead of going back like they usually do on Sunday?

Edited by ES1

Parts of Bangkok are flooded the rest of Bangkok is standing by to be flooded, people have been coming down here for a week or more and there will be a lot more to come. Get ready for massive traffic jams.

Didn't know Monday was a holiday. Googling I see it's Chulalongkorn Day (observed on Monday because it fell on a Sunday). Is it one of those where they gotta pretend they are not serving alcohol and/or bars gotta pretend they are closed by turning off the lights?

Edited by ES1

Parts of Bangkok are flooded the rest of Bangkok is standing by to be flooded, people have been coming down here for a week or more and there will be a lot more to come. Get ready for massive traffic jams.

For the last week or maybe longer, hords of people have been coming down from Bangkok to stock up on water, food etc., which is unavailable there. I was told yesterday that many are also leaving their cars here to be safe from flooding and taking the bus back.