Ssr Blast To Chacheongsao, October 24Th, 2011

BigBikeBKK

Beautiful day today so hooked up with some friends at the Caltex on Asoke and we blasted out to Chacheongsao for lunch on the river.

Late morning rendezvous at Caltex, Asoke-

Oct24CaltexAsokeSSR.jpg

Three sexy Triumph Tigers and me on the wee V :lol:

Oct24ChacheongsaoRiversideBikesSSR.jpg

We reached the Riverside Restaurant in Chacheongsao shortly before noon-

Oct24ChacheongsaoRiversideSSR.jpg

The river was high and moving fast in Chacheongsao, but nowhere near flood level. Fantastic lunch, shockingly cheap :D

There's a little water on the 304 near Minburi, and a little more and some serious potholes near the junction with Chalong Krung; other than that, the 304 is dry and in good shape. No flooding at all on Ramkamhaneg, but every single overpass is full of parked cars...

AsokeChacheongsaoMapSSR.jpg

Route link for anyone who cares- http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Thanon+Asok+Montri&daddr=13.75953,100.6181+to:13.76929,100.66028+to:13.80479,100.93105+to:Maruphong&hl=en&ll=13.744054,100.904617&spn=0.540922,1.056747&sll=13.788404,100.634766&sspn=0.135205,0.264187&geocode=Fdy20QAdWnX-BQ%3BFSr00QAddE__BSmn1fl1Hp7iMDHwFwEfsgABEw%3BFUoa0gAdOPT_BSkTRwD8g2EdMTHgtwAfsgABEw%3BFfak0gAd6hUEBik3baF-VGwdMTHwZEUfsgABEw%3BFcnV0AAd20UGBg&vpsrc=6&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=13&via=1,2,3&t=m&z=11

What a beautiful day! Raining season will soon be over, riding season is almost here! :lol:

Happy Trails!

Tony

Oct24ChacheongsaoRiversideMeSSR.jpg

Riding season almost here..

BUT all the flooded roads are going to look like 'goat mountain' after they drain offmad.gif

Lolz! Yeah... some areas will be torn up for sure... Perhaps you should sell the Cibber and get a KLX instead ;)

But think positive- there are many areas, some of the best riding areas in fact, that were pretty much unaffected by this years floods. I reckon Nan, Loei, Petchabun, Chiang Kham, Chiang Rai, etc are all in pretty decent condition. And it's pretty impressive how quickly the Thais repair the roads in some provinces.

I'm still hoping to hit Petchabun next weekend with Grant. Can you join us?

Ride On!

Tony

Call me a Cheap Charlie but I take such satisfaction riding a bike that is 1/2 to 1/5 the price of my riding buddies when I am able to have the exact same amount of fun and excitement. You could buy 2 and half new Ninja 650R's for what one of my friends paid in tax alone for his new BMW S1000RR. :blink:

Call me a Cheap Charlie but I take such satisfaction riding a bike that is 1/2 to 1/5 the price of my riding buddies when I am able to have the exact same amount of fun and excitement. You could buy 2 and half new Ninja 650R's for what one of my friends paid in tax alone for his new BMW S1000RR. :blink:

The locally built Kwackers are unbeatable value. The Versys doesn't have the power, suspension, comfort or handling of a Triumph Tiger 1050, but it's also about one third the price. Don't get me wrong, the Triumph Tiger is a fantastic and sexy bike, but I'd have a hard time rationalizing spending 795k Baht for a Triumph Tiger or 850k Baht for a Triumph Tiger SE when you can get the Versys for a paltry 285k. And it kinda bugs me that none of these guys want to ride to Laos or Cambodia because they're too worried about what might happen to their precious bikes. I don't worry much about the Versys- it's pretty tough and dam_n cheap to fix if / when I dump it :lol:

BUT all the flooded roads are going to look like 'goat mountain' after they drain offmad.gif

Lolz! Yeah... some areas will be torn up for sure... Perhaps you should sell the Cibber and get a KLX instead ;)

But think positive- there are many areas, some of the best riding areas in fact, that were pretty much unaffected by this years floods. I reckon Nan, Loei, Petchabun, Chiang Kham, Chiang Rai, etc are all in pretty decent condition. And it's pretty impressive how quickly the Thais repair the roads in some provinces.

I'm still hoping to hit Petchabun next weekend with Grant. Can you join us?

Ride On!

Tony

When are you guys heading up north again?

Not sure you could have the exact same amount of fun ?? No. i`m sure you coudn`t..110%

Agree, the tax and import duties on premium bikes are a bitch for sure....and yes the kawasaki`s are the best value package, but the quality of the thai built ones are lacking...you cant even compare them against the triumphs..

At last a balanced and respectfull reply from BIG BIKE BBK ( why the name big bike ?)

There must be thousands of genuine bikers here in LOS from all corners on the globe, but only a few come on here to boost egos...hats off to the unsung riders...

I sincerely hope you do get the same exact amount of fun and excitement.

As the Triumph offers plenty of it.

I also owned a Kawasaki that costs 5 times as much as yours. I sincerely doubt you had as much fun as I did on that bike.

besides it not the value that matters, it the unique character of each particular brand that has to offer.

Your idea of excitement differs from what others perceive it to be.

Enjoy your ride whatever it may be.

You guys must have been roasting with all that gear you wear .Me i just have jeans and a Tshirt ( mostly no helmet ,but would wear one on a long run ) when i ride .

Judging by the ridiculous statement you just made, now I understand why you bought a Lifan. You ever hear of ATGATT? Don't dress for the ride, dress for the meeting you have with the pavement at 100+km/h.

You guys must have been roasting with all that gear you wear .Me i just have jeans and a Tshirt ( mostly no helmet ,but would wear one on a long run ) when i ride .

Judging by the ridiculous statement you just made, now I understand why you bought a Lifan. You ever hear of ATGATT? Don't dress for the ride, dress for the meeting you have with the pavement at 100+km/h.

I hear that skin grafts are extremely painful. Each to his own. ATGATT for me :)

I hear that skin grafts are extremely painful. Each to his own. ATGATT for me :)

The thought of what was once the skin on your butt is now the skin on your arms...:bah:. I guess it's ATGATT for me too.:D

...but not like this...

Edited by RED21

Maybe a lifan will save my life as i cant go too fast and i still look very sexy in my denim and T-shirt and look very very cool . :D

As well as NOT wearing a helmet.... clever that is.

Tell ya what can you do me a favour and participate in a scientific experiment?

do this while filming yourself. go up to the wall of your house and lean back then bring your head hard and fast against said wall.. then tell me which is undamaged the wall or your head (you may need to leave instructions for this in the event that you have been admitted to hospital with concussioncool.gif

Edited by thaicbr

Maybe a lifan will save my life as i cant go too fast and i still look very sexy in my denim and T-shirt and look very very cool . :D

You do understand that everyone thinks your an idiot, right? Since when does a slow, ugly, piece of shit bike prevent a driver from running you off the road into and ditch? And no, riding in a t-shirt and jeans doesnt make you look cool, especially when you're riding a Lifan.

1319543689[/url]' post='4793966']

Just exactly how fast is not too fast?

Doesn't matter what speed you're doing or how skilled you are, the unexpected is always just around the next bend! (particularly in LOS)

Most of us have had enough close calls, near misses, and decent spills in our misguided youth, to learn as we grow up that we are not really bullet proof... Then I guess some people never grow up!

I just hope you're dam_n lucky, until you eventually do grow up one day!

Cheers.

1319451350[/url]' post='4790607']
1319449572[/url]' post='4790556']

The locally built Kwackers are unbeatable value. The Versys doesn't have the power, suspension, comfort or handling of a Triumph Tiger 1050, but it's also about one third the price. Don't get me wrong, the Triumph Tiger is a fantastic and sexy bike, but I'd have a hard time rationalizing spending 795k Baht for a Triumph Tiger or 850k Baht for a Triumph Tiger SE when you can get the Versys for a paltry 285k. And it kinda bugs me that none of these guys want to ride to Laos or Cambodia because they're too worried about what might happen to their precious bikes. I don't worry much about the Versys- it's pretty tough and dam_n cheap to fix if / when I dump it :lol:

Can't argue with the value of the locally built Kwackers, I've got two of them... But decided I wanted a real fun bike as well! But no point in buying an adventure bike if you're afraid to take it on an adventure!!!

Planning on doing a trip to Cambodia week of 20 November if I get the green book for the Multistrada in time. Have a ride to Rayong with some mates that weekend, and may keep going south along the coast then up to Phnom Penh and back through Siem Reip. Have a some personal business south of Phnom Penh for a couple of days on the way through.

If anyone's interested, let me know.

Cheers.

Can't argue with the value of the locally built Kwackers, I've got two of them... But decided I wanted a real fun bike as well! But no point in buying an adventure bike if you're afraid to take it on an adventure!!!

Planning on doing a trip to Cambodia week of 20 November if I get the green book for the Multistrada in time. Have a ride to Rayong with some mates that weekend, and may keep going south along the coast then up to Phnom Penh and back through Siem Reip. Have a some personal business south of Phnom Penh for a couple of days on the way through.

Cheers.

TT, I know someone who owns a Multistrada and is definitely not afraid to get it dirty. Do you know Renzo who runs Ducati Caffé in Bangkok? I can't speak for him but he may be inclined into that kind of trip. Here is one of his public photos from Ducati Caffé in Bangkok.

RenzosMulltireduced.jpg

1319624891[/url]' post='4796794']
1319612560[/url]' post='4796305']

Cheers.

TT, I know someone who owns a Multistrada and is definitely not afraid to get it dirty. Do you know Renzo who runs Ducati Caffé in Bangkok? I can't speak for him but he may be inclined into that kind of trip. Here is one of his public photos from Ducati Caffé in Bangkok.

RenzosMulltireduced.jpg

Thanks Garry,

I saw his video and trip report to the Myanmar border trip via Kanchanaburi. It was awesome.

I might PM him if on the Ducati forum, as I won't be at Thonglor for a week or so.

Cheers,

Tim.

Not sure you could have the exact same amount of fun ?? No. i`m sure you coudn`t..110%

Agree, the tax and import duties on premium bikes are a bitch for sure....and yes the kawasaki`s are the best value package, but the quality of the thai built ones are lacking...you cant even compare them against the triumphs..

At last a balanced and respectfull reply from BIG BIKE BBK ( why the name big bike ?)

There must be thousands of genuine bikers here in LOS from all corners on the globe, but only a few come on here to boost egos...hats off to the unsung riders...

Ok, 99.5% the amount of fun. :rolleyes:

Ok, 99.5% the amount of fun. :rolleyes:

Cheap Charlie!!:lol: