Dog In A Condo

frodo

With the horrible flooding that is currently happening, I was forced to evacuate my home with little notice.

I didn't have much time to make preparations and accepted a condo in Bangkok for 3 months (i'm from Rangsit), which a friend had told me about.

The problem is that I have a small mini-schnauzer who I've had for 9-years. At the moment she is safe elsewhere, but they cannot care for her for that amount of time. Another week or so is about it.

I am seriously considering taking her into the condo since there are few options at this point. Providing she is keep quiet and not seen by neighbors what would some of your advice be?

As far the relief issue, that's taken care of. Has anyone done this successfully before? I'm honestly hoping not to stay here for 3 months! Want to go home when I can.

Thanks,

~FR~

I certainly would at least give it a try. These are extenuating circumstances and some leeway should be given. If someone give you a bunch of crap over, it so be it... either give them a speak about morals or ignore them. If it's the condo boss, I'd offer to move... just as a threat.

Thanks for all the responses!

She has a safe place until November 15th, thankfully. In case I cannot extend her temporary home, I'll bring her here if nothing else is available. Being 9, she still has pep, but likes to sleep for the most part. As far as being noisy, I'll have to get a muzzle, where she can eat and drink, but not bark while I am not here. Not what I ever imagined for her, but have to look at the whole picture as well.

Thanks again for your advice :-)

Does the condo have a pet ban??? The dog itself should be okay in that environment.... make sure it has toys to stop it getting bored ---- if you are out leave the tv or radio on...... helps deter nosey neighbours and soothes the dog.....

good luck

Does the condo have a pet ban??? The dog itself should be okay in that environment.... make sure it has toys to stop it getting bored ---- if you are out leave the tv or radio on...... helps deter nosey neighbours and soothes the dog.....

good luck

Thank you.

We may have to take her into the condo. The area she is staying in is now flooding as well. The people taking care of her are wonderful, but they too may need to relocate soon. Looking around the condo I've seen no signs that actually prohibits pets. A neighbor friend here also has a small dog and I've been told many others do as well. I think as long as she's quiet and not seen, it should be fine. My work won't resume again until the 15th, that's debatable right now and could be longer, for the time being I am in the condo. It was also mentioned that if someone does happen to find out and turn us in, by the time management decides to look into it and we argue our case, it will hopefully be time to move back home again.