Where To Buy Potable Water In Pattaya

FarangBuddha

FYI for anyone looking to buy potable water for drinking and cooking, as the stores are basically empty as far as I can see or are severely limiting the quantity that can be bought, there is a water bottling plant located about 1km up soi Nernplubwan, on the right, from Sukhumvit (the soi opposite Central Road that continues to the "Darkside " (aka Sukhumvit soi 53). It is called "Marine Fresher" and they sell water in everything from small bottles up to 10 lt sizes. You buy them like gas canisters, the first bottle includes the price of the water and the bottle and then you return the empties and receive a replacement for the cost of the water alone. They also make deliveries.

If anyone knows other water wholesalers or plants in Pattaya, maybe add the information to this thread.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Reverse osmosis machines. 1B/ltr.

The water is fine.

Trouble with RO is that it makes the water acidic, unless you add minerals back into it it is actually bad for your health over a long period!

Better than drinking sewage water though!

The water is fine.

Trouble with RO is that it makes the water acidic, unless you add minerals back into it it is actually bad for your health over a long period!

I know there are a few brands that contain mineral water and obviously highly priced especially Evian,

but aren't nearly all the other brands on sale here just RO treated water with a brand name attached to the container?

.....aren't nearly all the other brands on sale here just RO treated water with a brand name attached to the container?

That's my understanding. The 7/11 own brand actually has it written on the bottle, in tiny print.

I get my water in large bottles from a company called " Amtech", Think it is a 200 baht deposit for the bottle and about 45 baht each refill. They deliver around Pattaya and in the Pratumnak area. Call 0814513657

Whilst the supply chains to the bigger concerns such as Tesco, Makro, 7/11 have been severely disrupted, the local "mom n pop" type shops still have a regular supply of water daily from local suppliers - no shortage, if you see trucks with a stainless steel box on the back delivering ice and water to your local noodle shop just go and buy your "branded" bottled water from them - cheaper than the big stores anyway for the same stuff!

Coca cola......now that is a different story, we had the coke rep round our shop yesterday and he said that after today (Wed), he did not know when we could expext another delivery!!:huh:

Concerning water....I have checked around at different food stores. At first all the large bottles were sold. Some smaller size (pint) still available. Some of the empty shelves had beer in thier place.

Now some of the stores are stocking the OFF BRAND/Cheap BRAND that is available. I dont think we are in that bad a shape. The filtered water is available as usual.

If you got to have bottled water then spend the time required to search it out. In a day or two I predict the supply will be enough.

LLL

With all the main supermarkets and 7/11 chains out of water, what is the situation with the hotels

supplying water for their guests being that most hotels are now full with the bangkok exodus?

My guess is that the hotels don't buy their stocks from Tesco's or 7/11's rather from the numerous water companies scattered around the place.

PTT gas station in Huay yai is still giving free 2ltrs per car fill-up.

What are all the water bottle cartons doing outside the police stations?

these are collection points for good hearted folks to contribute water and food stuffs to the victims of the floods

With all the main supermarkets and 7/11 chains out of water, what is the situation with the hotels

supplying water for their guests being that most hotels are now full with the bangkok exodus?

Who says the supermarkets and 7/11 are out of water? Just this morning I have seen Tesco mini mart and the 7/11 next door to it on Soi 17 receive delivery trucks whos loads included water. The sky really isn't falling in Chicken Little

Edited by RabC

Who says the supermarkets and 7/11 are out of water? Just this morning I have seen Tesco mini mart and the 7/11 next door to it on Soi 17 receive delivery trucks whos loads included water. The sky really isn't falling in Chicken Little

Well i was looking for the last 3 days and all the main supermarkets were out of stock including the 7-11's in my area.

Still it's good to hear that some deliveries are being made, although i don't think the stock will last too long especially

with all the panic buyers and hoarders around.

Anyway i better go looking now cos im absolutely gasping!

Tops, Tesco's and 7/11's in my Soi all had trucks making deliveries this morning, so I would assume all will be serviced over a matter of time, Foodland appeared to have plenty of stock except dog food...go figure.

Edited by Spoonman

I say so because this morning I went to a 7-11 on Jomtien Beach Rd and it had NO WATER. I went to the next one I could find and NO WATER. I went to a third, NO WATER. Why? Is this a supply-transportation problem from Bangkok to Pattaya-Jomtien?

Just take a trip to Marine Fresher on Soi Neurn Plub Wann, they have plenty - its not far from Sukhumvit and central Pattaya.

I drive past everyday and the guy sitting out the front of the factory has plenty. And they are not price gouging also.

I say so because this morning I went to a 7-11 on Jomtien Beach Rd and it had NO WATER. I went to the next one I could find and NO WATER. I went to a third, NO WATER. Why? Is this a supply-transportation problem from Bangkok to Pattaya-Jomtien?

Broaden your horizions, i cant believe a poster like you that claims to have been here for so long, actually has no idea how to source locally, ??

The water is fine.

Do you have technical source which shows that RO turns water acidic as cant see how this would happen, stripping minerals is possible which would changes a slightly alkalis water back towards a PH of 7.0 (neutral) but this is not the same as making some acidic

The water is fine.

Do you have technical source which shows that RO turns water acidic as cant see how this would happen, stripping minerals is possible which would changes a slightly alkalis water back towards a PH of 7.0 (neutral) but this is not the same as making some acidic

My understanding is that RO treatment, removes all the healthy minerals from the water (which also gives spring water its taste) along with the contaminants. These same minerals are also found naturally at fixed percentages in the human bloodstream.

The problem is if one drinks RO "demineralized" water, you dilute the percentage of the minerals in your bloodstream and to maintain the balance, the body draws them out of the bones thereby weakening them (they leach out). Thus occurs only with long-term consumption of RO water...not short-term use during a crisis.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Update: As of 10 am Sunday, Marine Fresher is out of water. It appears they are out of bottles as people have bought out their entire stock of them and have yet to return many for replacement.

so they are actually out of bottles then not water .........

Come on Timekeeper don't spoil their fun, next you'll be saying the world isn't flat.

Update: As of 10 am Sunday, Marine Fresher is out of water. It appears they are out of bottles as people have bought out their entire stock of them and have yet to return many for replacement.

Come on Timekeeper don't spoil their fun, next you'll be saying the world isn't flat.

you right, i fail to understand these alarmists

as an example, i have just been to Marine Fresher on my way back from town, they say they have tanks and water, if i want them

however, i always buy from there and am known to the guys

perhaps they have just stopped selling to hoarders...........

Same as our water delivery guy, no bottles and can't get anymore, but no problem getting water if you are already a customer