Urgent Advice

Jerrytheyoung

Hi everybody,

Due to flooding I need your advice:

Wife and 2 kids coming back from holidays. They take the train thursday from Hat Yai and instead to go to Bangkok, I plan they stop in Hua Hin or Phet Buri and join Khon Khaen or Udon Thani (or if KK or Udon not available, KORAT) by bus on Friday evening (final destination Nakhon Phanom). Somebody can confirm the possibility Hua hin (or Phet Buri) to KK or UT.

We are in Malaysia currently, will be in Hat Yai Thursday morning.

Thanks a lot

jerrytheyoung

D

Nobody can guarantee there will be buses on Thursday passing through or getting into or out of any pre-specified bus station in Bangkok. If there is a scheduled bus service from Hua Hin to Issaan I would guess there is a high likelihood it will find a way through - but it will be a hell of a journey. BKK refugee traffic into Issaan was bad enough on Saturday and could be monumental by then.

An alternative though more expensive route - bus to Phuket from Hat Yai and Air Asia flight direct from Phuket to Ubon Ratchatani (they only fly on 4 days of the week when I last looked). Bus to Nakhon Panhom (probably two trips - Mukdahan first.

PS: possibly there's a Phuket to Udon route too. AA suddenly got into doing inter-regional flights over the heads of Bangkok bless em. If you need your wife and kids running up to NP from Ubon Rat I'll do it for you - call it a flood relief donation :rolleyes: PM me if that's your outcome

Edited by SantiSuk