Well Im Skint - tips for survival!

Soph

Well after a hel_l of a month, a new house, new motorbike - oh and the new tooth. Im down to my last 1000 baht (pay day in 2 weeks) :D:D:D

Just been and stocked up on mama :o . And would like to hear any more tips on how I can survive the next 15 days without begging on the streets!

:D:D:D

Just been and stocked up on mama
its not that bad.. u can add more eggs , pork ,veggie..make it as

- noodle soup

- fried noodle - with Ga Prao // as spaghetti // salad (yum)

loan money from other people is the last choice to do ..methinks (better no)

Go balloon chasing, if asked just say you're 'mates with Steve'

nauti nauti harry :o:D

Well after a hel_l of a month, a new house, new motorbike - oh and the new tooth.  Im down to my last 1000 baht (pay day in 2 weeks)  :D  :D  :D

Just been and stocked up on mama  :o .  And would like to hear any more tips on how I can survive the next 15 days without begging on the streets!

:D  :D  :D

Buy a couple cases of Chang now before you squander it on meat or rice. :D

cv

Well after a hel_l of a month, a new house, new motorbike - oh and the new tooth.  Im down to my last 1000 baht (pay day in 2 weeks)  :D  :D  :D

Just been and stocked up on mama  :o .  And would like to hear any more tips on how I can survive the next 15 days without begging on the streets!

Buy a couple cases of Chang now before you squander it on meat or rice. :D

cv

buy a lottery ticket :D

Are you being serious?

I would send u a few thousand baht if you really need it. :D

You'll be fine... Stock up on water, rice, eggs, and some veg... spend the rest of the remaining nine hundred on beer and cigarettes.

Sit inside for 15 days.

Or, go to your favorite bar *but I believe you've probly moved far away from that town* and eat and drink on credit.

Are you being serious?

I would send u a few thousand baht if you really need it. :D

A kind kind man :D

Cheers for the tips guys :D Some excellent advice, (apart from the katoey bit)

So last night I managed to end up at a birthday party in town :o - free bbq - they even had cheese and pineapple on sticks :D so that was one day down, 14 to go!

Might try the motorbike taxi trick tonight!

I once blew my remaining monthly budget a few years ago on a toot in Hua Hin and was left having to go through 7 days on 400B. It wasn't easy but I managed it but I had booze in the fridge and enough food to scrape through.

After a couple of days I remembered I had a drawer full of small change. I would grab some of this every time I went out and used it to pay the odd amounts over the paper value e.g. when paying 45B I would give the exact money instead of maybe 3 x 20B notes. This way I got rid of my change, avoided looking skint, and also stretched out my limited resources. Shop assistants also seemed to like it and giving the right change earned me a few brownie points but thats another story!!

Personally I'd just borrow a couple of thou until payday. I wish I had. Would have saved me a lot of pissing about!

Edited by ProfessorFart

1000 baht should be plenty to last you 14 days - I used to do it all the time after I had blown all my wages on booze.

At least you won't have the cravings for booze and fags.

Bananas and Mama and a Loaf are the way to go.

Make sure you drink plenty of water.

Bananas maybe 1 bunch a day. 30 baht

I loaf - 30 baht

Mama pack of 6 - maybe 30 baht.

You'll be a bit short by a couple of days - budget!

Good luck!

I'd lend you 1000 baht.

You are a generous bunch on here guys - thanks for the offers!

Just had a setback at lunchtime - went out with the Thai girls and as usual we split the bill, only today they decided to splash out and order some really expensive North Thai dish at 95 baht a go (I ordered cow pat pak!) so that cost me a hundered :D

dont know what this thing was they were eating - it was loads of those dried shrimp mixed with what tasted like a bag of MSG served on rice with a salty egg :o:D:D

He,he - believe the 2 of us already have several outstanding beers to settle first! :o Cheers!

Yeah 1000B for 2 weeks should be possible - might even be fun to try - but if you need a loan let me know. Cheers!

Thanks Mr Firefan. I'll be in touch :D