Firefox Will Not Enter Usual Sites

garnet

Starting yesterday ,Firefox will not access most of my regular sites like Gmail, my banks both UK and Thailand and a few other, not so regular sites. It does however access Thai Visa, BBC etc. The message that comes up is these sites are "untrusted" as they are not giving Firefox the usual security codes and that someone could be pretending to be these sites.It does not say what to do next.I have an option to "get out of here" or "add exception" but they strongly advise about the exception button unless i'm sure.

Does anyone know what is going on here, could there be a glitch at Firefox end and if not ,what do i do next ? I have a Mac so not so used to dealing with security breaches.

I used both Firefox and Chrome with Chrome as my default browser. I accidentally allowed Firefox to update to beta version 8. Since Chrome was my default browser, I really didn't care.

After using the beta 8, I found it was working very well and have since made Firefox my default browser. The glitches I had with version 7 are gone and I am quite happy.

Spot on Bendejo, i actually discovered that this was the problem before i read your post,for unknown reasons my computer date had become one year out of date.Put in the correct date and access to all sites was resumed. Thanks for replies

Spot on Bendejo, i actually discovered that this was the problem before i read your post,for unknown reasons my computer date had become one year out of date.Put in the correct date and access to all sites was resumed. Thanks for replies

It might be worthwhile keeping a check on your battery in the near future by keeping an eye on the time and date. Sometimes the CMOS battery can run low and cause date problems.

Or you simply had a glitch :)

Tonight, I we can get into some sites, but not others. Receive from Gmail, but can't open. Bangkok Post too. I think it is due to very busy traffic on lines, and in some cases, server equipment not operating properly.

Strange, chatting with Nepal on G-chat, but can't access Gmail. We have to just wait and see what else happens during these trying times.