Pattaya To Koh Samui

Michaelaway

walk and swimbiggrin.gif

At the moment with the current water and food shortages why would some one want to go to an ISLAND.

Bangkok air is the quickest and easiest way.. but not cheap.. Bus from Kho San would be cheapest but i imagine the flooding has put a damper on that.

The Bankok Airways 'Utapao/Koh Samui' option is definitely the fastest and easiest way. But it's not cheap (over 3500 baht).

The bus/ferry option would be the best cheapest way (under 1000 baht). But you would be talking about about 10-12 hours. There's a bus that goes directly to the Southern Bus terminal in Bangkok from Pattaya (twice a day). Most usual ferry crossings are Don Sak near Surat Thani or Chumphon a little further up the coast closer to Hua Hin (and Pattaya).

I would fly. B)

Edited by BB1950

There is a bus service Rayong to Koh Samui that goes via Pattaya, its cheap, less than 1000 Baht for standard, I believe.

Its run by Roong Reuang Coach, but is known as the Yellow bus, for obvious reasons. Not living in Pattaya so don't know if it stops at the North Pattaya bus station or on Sukumvit near Pattaya Klang.

Someone local I'm sure will know. It is about a 14 hour trip though. Route 393. Fares and Timetable available at http://www.iloveyell...m/en/roots.html

Bangkok Air website, web special, Utapao to Samui, is 3700 baht each way, or 7400 baht round trip. $250 USD. Not horrible but not the cheapest. If you have time, maybe combine some sight seeing of the country and take the other routes, Bus to Bangkok, Train down the coast, etc.

A few months ago, friends of mine opted to fly, and decided to fly onwards immediately on arrival at BKK. They had to check through immigration, collect their bags, and then check-in again at domestic. This all takes time.

It's the usual trade-off between time and money.

I`ve used the Yellow Bus company a few times although not to Samui, just would add I was happy with the service, comfortable coaches.

They leave from the bus station on Pattaya Nua, i.e. the north bus station.

definitely swimming....google the story about the drunk guy who left a soi 6 bar and started to swim back to Oz.....was found somehwere out near Koh Larn....no doubt would have stopped at Samui on the way, but I am confident he would have made it.....