Teary-Eyed Pm Yingluck Pledges To Fight Bangkok Flood

webfact

You can not let it be, huh?! Teary eyed, yes! Maybe because she feels sad for her herself...but maybe...just maybe, she also feels sad for people dieing, drowning, loosing their possessions, being in horrible situations....

It is called "compassion"- something that most of you are obviously lacking!

I agree wholeheartedly. Whenever there is news, the Baboons come out to make light and criticize everything said or ask on this site. Isn't it time the super duper moderators delete a lot of the BS? The country is being torn apart and the same people trying to live here on a penny are the same ones making stupid comments about everything. It's no wonder TV is slowly getting a bad rap reputation.

I have to believe, politics aside, that everyone's doing their best to help the people and save the infrastructure. Long hours, little food, no sleep, and many losing everything. Give them a break! Their are a lot of humanitarians their sacrificing for their people. What are all the wiseacres and sideline pundits doing to help? Mostly nothing!

Lifer, I agree with you, ++++++++++++++++++++

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“@veen_NT: PM has a bad cold so she took half day off- will be back to work tomorrow. TR @jin_nation #TPBS #thaiflood (19:20)”/NationNews

This is something of a new work ethic.

Even the late Samak turned up to work with liver cancer. Think of all the past leaders, many had severe health issues(I'm not only talking about mental health here).

Really hope Yingluck can shake her cold and manage a return to the office. I believe there is a humanitarian crisis to manage, or has all the Tiffy sold out around Don Muang?

“@veen_NT: PM has a bad cold so she took half day off- will be back to work tomorrow. TR @jin_nation #TPBS #thaiflood (19:20)”/NationNews

This is something of a new work ethic.

Even the late Samak turned up to work with liver cancer. Think of all the past leaders, many had severe health issues(I'm not only talking about mental health here).

Really hope Yingluck can shake her cold and manage a return to the office. I believe there is a humanitarian crisis to manage, or has all the Tiffy sold out around Don Muang?

I don't want to sound too negative, but I'm wondering if we will notice the difference, I mean without her capable hands steering activities.

BTW did she call k. Abhisit already for some help?

I doubt her taking a half day off will effect things happening.

Nor did Abhisit taking a few days rest before returning to this mess effect anything at all

This is too momentous a disaster for one voice not being there to make things collapse. Nor wil the shadow cabinet's not commenting for 72 hours, which isn't the case, have anything to do with smoothing the monstrous tide of human affairs here this week.

And the comments on both cases have no political traction at all.

Edited by animatic

"@veen_NT: PM has a bad cold so she took half day off- will be back to work tomorrow.

Nice to know the public can see how serious she's taking the crisis.

I think she is a very hardy lady-as most Thais visit the hospital with a cold,,,,, those tears could well have been due to cold symptoms. she wants to get some goose grease rubbed on her chest, a lump of vick to trickle down her throat and soon back to work. Just remembering my 1st job, I had a bad cold, my boss at work said --look lad were too busy here to have colds-- Ha

It's too bad Frau Merkel is busy these days taming a rooster of a French president and shaping up an already embalmed Italian prime minister.

As this national calamity unfolds we unmistakably see there's only one obvious reason that Badluck Yingluck is PM.

Is there one competent cabinet minister or police chief in this gang that can't hold or pass water right?

I am not going to waste time arguing with idiots with tunnel vision who cannot understand the reality of the situation. If they wish to castigate Yingluck then nothing I can say will change their blinkered viewpoint.

Instead I will simply update the situation here and give a few tips.

2 days a go I cut my foot on some broken glass invisible under the water, and I was wearing slip ons! Naturally it turned septic. I soaked the cut in vinegar for an hour it cleared the infection.

There was a brief downpour last night, the water is now up another cm at 70cm.

There is a local ecological disaster brewing, last night there were several crashes, this morning I see several large trees have fallen over, a combination of weakened roots and dying off, the trees are drowning. So keep an eye on big tree that are near enough to threaten your home.

Two houses away a dog is locked in and abandoned, I want to break in a rescue it but the local Thais say I must not. So I guess it will die soon.

The village of several hundreds are now down to 3 small groups, my immediate group numbers 6 of us, we eat and work as a group, yesterday I took delivery of a plastic boat, rather unstable and I had to mend the paddles but it make it easier to ferry things around.

Interesting that those who stay are the old, two of us are in our 70's and the others are late 50's. Is this the stubbornness of old age or the softness of the modern generation? laugh.gif

Just keep the electricity coming and we will survive.

My retirement visa is up renewal in 2 weeks will i have to go there by boat, will they even be open, how much slack will they cut, like how do I get a statement from a flooded bank?

Interesting times!

Your tips were useful. your blinkered defense of Yingluck wasn't. You are not out of the idiot realm altogether, living amongst that lot ,and not living on higher ground in the 1st place. Get an '0' visa no soaked bank statements and have your 800 or 400k--in pounds now. only having to give 49 to the pound. so draw your cash out it's hardly earning anything. Why wasn't you wearing wellies provided ??....take this as a fun -rather than a DIG won't you ??B)

I am not going to waste time arguing with idiots with tunnel vision who cannot understand the reality of the situation. If they wish to castigate Yingluck then nothing I can say will change their blinkered viewpoint.

2 days a go I cut my foot on some broken glass invisible under the water, and I was wearing slip ons! Naturally it turned septic. I soaked the cut in vinegar for an hour it cleared the infection.

There is a local ecological disaster brewing, last night there were several crashes, this morning I see several large trees have fallen over, a combination of weakened roots and dying off, the trees are drowning. So keep an eye on big tree that are near enough to threaten your home.

Two houses away a dog is locked in and abandoned, I want to break in a rescue it but the local Thais say I must not. So I guess it will die soon.

The village of several hundreds are now down to 3 small groups, my immediate group numbers 6 of us, we eat and work as a group, yesterday I took delivery of a plastic boat, rather unstable and I had to mend the paddles but it make it easier to ferry things around.

Interesting that those who stay are the old, two of us are in our 70's and the others are late 50's. Is this the stubbornness of old age or the softness of the modern generation? laugh.gif

My retirement visa is up renewal in 2 weeks will i have to go there by boat, will they even be open, how much slack will they cut, like how do I get a statement from a flooded bank?

Interesting times!

Your tips were useful. your blinkered defense of Yingluck wasn't. You are not out of the idiot realm altogether, living amongst that lot ,and not living on higher ground in the 1st place. Get an '0' visa no soaked bank statements and have your 800 or 400k--in pounds now. only having to give 49 to the pound. so draw your cash out it's hardly earning anything. Why wasn't you wearing wellies provided ??....take this as a fun -rather than a DIG won't you ??B)

Not a a blinkered defense, not even a defense, just saying you are attacking the wrong thing. You are attacking one of the symptoms but ignoring the disease, the disease being the totally corrupt Thai culture, where even in the face of disaster self is more important than the community.

As to living on higher ground I am actually 3 metres higher than Bangkok, what I failed to realise was that Bangkok would be so stupid as to let the water back up this way, I forgot the Bangkokian mentality and made the error of assuming they were rational people with a basic understanding of the forces of nature.

As to my visa comment, that was just a fun comment.

Incidentally wearing wellies for more than an hour at a time without special socks is a good way of getting foot rot http://www.sweatguard.co.uk/sweaty_feet/sweaty_feet_socks

Interesting times!

Not a a blinkered defense, not even a defense, just saying you are attacking the wrong thing. You are attacking one of the symptoms but ignoring the disease, the disease being the totally corrupt Thai culture, where even in the face of disaster self is more important than the community.

As to living on higher ground I am actually 3 metres higher than Bangkok, what I failed to realise was that Bangkok would be so stupid as to let the water back up this way, I forgot the Bangkokian mentality and made the error of assuming they were rational people with a basic understanding of the forces of nature.

Incidentally wearing wellies for more than an hour at a time without special socks is a good way of getting foot rot http://www.sweatguar...eaty_feet_socks

So is this disease curable? We're still trying to find the remedy but let the symptoms rampant and it'll be too late. I really wished that the politicians PR team visit Thai-Visa forum and read all the criticisms however stupid and silly they may sound. Take a pick at the ones you can relate to and fix, knowing your weakness is one step to becoming stronger.

As for that dog, I don't know the situation but if it wasn't very dangerous for me, I'd try to save it instead of listening to the locals. It might be against the law for breaking an entry but with all the witnesses and circumstances I'm sure it might hold up in court. Plus not all Thais are "jaidam" enough to charge you for saving their pet right? If all else, just pay some money... but you saved a life.

Interesting times!

Incidentally wearing wellies for more than an hour at a time without special socks is a good way of getting foot rot http://www.sweatguar...eaty_feet_socks

So is this disease curable? We're still trying to find the remedy but let the symptoms rampant and it'll be too late. I really wished that the politicians PR team visit Thai-Visa forum and read all the criticisms however stupid and silly they may sound. Take a pick at the ones you can relate to and fix, knowing your weakness is one step to becoming stronger.

As for that dog, I don't know the situation but if it wasn't very dangerous for me, I'd try to save it instead of listening to the locals. It might be against the law for breaking an entry but with all the witnesses and circumstances I'm sure it might hold up in court. Plus not all Thais are "jaidam" enough to charge you for saving their pet right? If all else, just pay some money... but you saved a life.

The disease has been selectively nurtured for many generations, I cannot see an overnight cure, can you?

As to the dog I broke a window last night out of sight of the village and threw in some food, it is a vicious dog so I don't intend doing more unless you can lend me a tranquiliser dart:D

The disease has been selectively nurtured for many generations, I cannot see an overnight cure, can you?

As to the dog I broke a window last night out of sight of the village and threw in some food, it is a vicious dog so I don't intend doing more unless you can lend me a tranquiliser dart:D

You're right that there's no overnight cure but it should be monitored closely otherwise things will slip under the radar, ie: the push for the police chief to have the final say on publications.

That's great news for the dog! Hope you and your groups make through all of this without too many complications.

You're right that there's no overnight cure but it should be monitored closely otherwise things will slip under the radar, ie: the push for the police chief to have the final say on publications.

That's great news for the dog! Hope you and your groups make through all of this without too many complications.

There has been no public announcement but water is going to be cut to all districts west of the river, it will be only available between 6 am and 9 am and 5pm and 8 pm. Just please don't cut the electricity, without that we are lost and also out of communication.

Why was it, that I could exactly NAME the guys who would jump the bandwagon, as I read that YS had a cold?!

1) why the hell is that even on the news? ...oh...makes her look bad , that's why!

2) get a life!

rubl said:

"You can read, but understanding what you read is still a bit difficult, it seems.

I only complain that lots of people here seem to think the flooding crisis only got worse because k. Abhisit went on a short holiday trip. K. Abhisit, who as a few posters have very vocally assured me (as far as that's possible just writing) that "THE Thai people have spoken, THE Thai people don't want Abhisit".

And of course there are others who float around some numbers without even trying to give evidence. "I said this number, you prove me wrong" type of logic."

Oh come rubl, give me a break, will you?!

This is exactly the problem, that "you" (your side) have.

You blame her for the most unimportant things.

The boots she wears, that she goes on a scheduled meeting to Cambodia or Myanmar, that she displays emotions in public...but when your fearless leader is criticised for goin to a holiday trip...ahm...an important meeting with the Presdident of the Maledives to talk about flooding, you are all very upset.

rubl,

I will not be a "good BOY for you" #1 ... #2 You're ever-present condescending, down-the-nose remarks I find quite droll and tiresome.... #3 For all you know, I could be older than you - I certainly think I'm more compassionate than you

Indeed, give it a break.

Do you want a really good bone to get your teeth into??? Can you explain as in a spreadsheet form, the record-breaking 1.4 trillion baht budget that your esteemed hero Mark and his cronies drew up firstly and then please dear rubl show us where that money actually went to??? This is more important than your crocodile tears / boots comments. Please oh learned one, tell us these 2 answers!

Interesting times!

Be well and rock on dude / mate! Good luck!

Cheers Scotbiggrin.gif

Well they changed the story on the water rationing, it was not pumps clogged by weeds but a pump that was broken. Now it is fixed so no water rationing. Smelly water but at least it is transparent, unlike the water underfoot!

Cheers Scotbiggrin.gif

Well they changed the story on the water rationing, it was not pumps clogged by weeds but a pump that was broken. Now it is fixed so no water rationing. Smelly water but at least it is transparent, unlike the water underfoot!

Keep battling on there, I have added something here that you already know , but maybe work or other things are stopping you relocating, It is not my business to be prying but I wanted to add this.

If it is at all possible, get the hell out of that polluted, rat infested hole. Breathe some cleaner air, get to places where the cost of living is half the price. ( My walled detached house, double block built, large garage, Nice internal Karaoke business, mini mart-granny flat, dip pool, is selling at 890,000.Bht. on high ground, Udon province.

The flooding down there will esculate over the next years, it's proven it this time, hope you come out of it o.k.

There is no one that will give this place transparency - never will it's too ingrained, the only way forward here is to niggle at what is wrong and try to prevent this family take over, thats essential. chok dee

Cheers Scotbiggrin.gif

Keep battling on there, I have added something here that you already know , but maybe work or other things are stopping you relocating, It is not my business to be prying but I wanted to add this.

If it is at all possible, get the hell out of that polluted, rat infested hole. Breathe some cleaner air, get to places where the cost of living is half the price. ( My walled detached house, double block built, large garage, Nice internal Karaoke business, mini mart-granny flat, dip pool, is selling at 890,000.Bht. on high ground, Udon province.

The flooding down there will esculate over the next years, it's proven it this time, hope you come out of it o.k.

There is no one that will give this place transparency - never will it's too ingrained, the only way forward here is to niggle at what is wrong and try to prevent this family take over, thats essential. chok dee

For now I am simply concentrating on surviving, but I think next year I will need to make some major decisions. Now I know what to expect I can plan for it, alternatively I could move on, and upwardscool.gif

A lot will depend on the national response to the aftermath of this. Will there be any compensation, will all be forgotten, I'm not just talking politically, I'm talking about administration at all levels.

begin removed ...

Do you want a really good bone to get your teeth into??? Can you explain as in a spreadsheet form, the record-breaking 1.4 trillion baht budget that your esteemed hero Mark and his cronies drew up firstly and then please dear rubl show us where that money actually went to??? This is more important than your crocodile tears / boots comments. Please oh learned one, tell us these 2 answers!

In March 2009 there was a plan for a three-year 1.4 trillion THB stimulation plan. AS far as I can find nothing came of it and the yearly National budgets saw stimulation packages included.

year    period       budget   deficit expect.
2009  2008 - 2009     1,800      0.2495
2010  2009 - 2010     1,700      0.3500
2011  2010 - 2011     2,070      0.4200 reduced to 0.3500
2012  2011 - 2012     2,330      0.4000 reduced to 0.3500
(amount in billion THB, period starts October)

Taken from various websites, a.o. http://thailand.prd.go.th/

Note changes during fiscal years may be documented somewhere, but are not always easily found, or correlated.

begin removed ...

In March 2009 there was a plan for a three-year 1.4 trillion THB stimulation plan. AS far as I can find nothing came of it and the yearly National budgets saw stimulation packages included.

year    period   	budget   deficit expect.
2009  2008 - 2009 	1,800      0.2495
2010  2009 - 2010 	1,700      0.3500
2011  2010 - 2011 	2,070      0.4200 reduced to 0.3500
2012  2011 - 2012 	2,330      0.4000 reduced to 0.3500
(amount in billion THB, period starts October)

Taken from various websites, a.o. http://thailand.prd.go.th/

Note changes during fiscal years may be documented somewhere, but are not always easily found, or correlated.

Nor is the money easily found..... EG: Secret Squirrel budgets, Black Funds..... IT REALLY DOES MAKE ONE WONDER. no? :o:whistling:

Nor is the money easily found..... EG: Secret Squirrel budgets, Black Funds..... IT REALLY DOES MAKE ONE WONDER. no? :o:whistling:

If you say so ...

Mind you I thought PM Yingluck was teary-eyed because of the flooding :rolleyes:

If you say so ...

Mind you I thought PM Yingluck was teary-eyed because of the flooding :rolleyes:

Yes, indeed you may be right my dear rubl.... She could be crying due to trying to recover some dark funds from somewhere for the flood relief funding and finding it very difficult as well as all of the money required for the massive rebuilding that will have to be done....