Firefox Tabs Plugin That Remember The Last Session

george

Just downloaded the new Firefox 1.5 RC2 and it's fantastic and stunningly fast!

I am migrating from the Maxthon Browser which has a great tabbing function and can remember the last open tabs when you close the browser.

Anyone using a similar plugin for Firefox?

What I am looking for is a plugin for Firefox: When I close the Firefox browser and start it again, I want my previous tabs to come up as they were when I shut it down. I think I remember that RDN used such a plugin; please post a pointer.

Cheers

Just downloaded  the new Firefox 1.5 RC2 and it's fantastic and stunningly fast!

I am migrating from the Maxthon Browser which has a great tabbing function and can remember the last open tabs when you close the browser.

Anyone using a similar plugin for Firefox?

What I am looking for is a plugin for Firefox: When I close the Firefox browser and start it again, I want my previous tabs to come up as they were when I shut it down. I think I remember that RDN used such a plugin; please post a pointer.

Cheers

Hey George, I now use the extension "TabMixPlus" version 0.2.9.2005110601. You can get it from here: http://tmp.garyr.net/alpha/tabmix0.3a2005110601.xpi (just right click, and "Save link as..." to your desktop.

The best way to install (I believe) is to close Firefox and put a shortcut to it on your desktop. Then drag the .xpi file you just downloaded onto the shortcut. Firefox will run and will show you a "Software Installation" window. Click on "Install Now" and the "Extensions" window will appear. At the very bottom of the window it will show "TabMixPlus 0.3 Alpha" and will say that the extension will be installed after you restart Firefox.

Close the two Firefox windows (Extensions and Main Window) and then restart it from the Desktop shortcut. (The same shortcut that you originally dragged the .xpi file onto).

Firefox will start with the extension installed. Have fun!

P.S. This extension supersedes "Tabbrowser Preferences" insofar as it is more stable and less buggy. It has the feature that you mention, plus loads more. It is great! 100% recommendation.

One last point: you can probably uninstall other extensions that purport to do the same function as Tab Mix Plus. (e.g. the Session Saver extension that Thetyim recommended - it's a good extension, but Tab Mix Plus does so much more!)

But I still see lots of threads here and elsewhere about Ff problems, never one about maxthon.

Kind of like Thai women - If you do not know any then there are no complaints - But get intimate with one and surely you have problems to report immediately!

FIREFOX ROCKS!!