Pattaya Fills-Up As Bangkok Residents Escape The Floods

Rimmer

Pattaya fills-up as Bangkok residents escape the floods

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya is full up. This is the message coming to us from local hoteliers who have reported a rush on hotel rooms. The two main roads into Pattaya, the Sukhumvit Road and Highway 7 are heavily congested and due to the deteriorating situation in Bangkok and its surrounding Provinces, Pattaya is being used as a fallback location for many residents from the flood-affected areas. Many local Hotels and Guest Houses are offering their standard rates for rooms, however unconfirmed reports have been received by us of some Hotels in the Jomtien area who have increased their prices by as much as 50% to take advantage of the situation. Motorists should expect considerable increases to journey times over the upcoming long holiday weekend

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-10-27

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Nice...Thais reaming their fellow Thais (and foreigners) fleeing a natural disaster...but at least they're telling it like it is and not sugar-coating it like another media report I read that stated that hoteliers in Pattaya and Hua Hin were reducing prices for flood refugees!!!

Edited by FarangBuddha

Can confirm this. Internet search engines show increased prices, some hotels have decided "now it's time for high season rates..:" Number of available rooms and hotels is going down very fast.

My girl friend confirms that going to work takes much more time now (i.e. Baht bus from Jomtien to Central) as traffic is absolutely crazy. She says situation is like on long-holiday weekends... middle of the week...

Friend of mine who owns Thai massage shops confirms city is full and she tells me it looks like her best ever low-season month... she just hired 10 more staff last weekend and is looking for another 10 for the coming days, normally she needs that staffing level only starting middle of November

Just did a search for rooms for the coming weekend... not many rooms left... Dusit Thani (which really can't be rated to be cheap...) is already full...

Edited by Swiss1960

Pattaya Rental Houses Full As Bangkokians Escape To Chonburi Away From Floods

PATTAYA: -- Rental houses and rooms in Pattaya are full. The Bangkokians have arrived en masse, to escape the expected massive floods. Some landlords have increased the rents or they are demanding long term contracts.

Pattaya, October 27, 2011[PDN]; The government announced that October 27-31, 2011 will be a public holiday in 21 provinces including Bangkok since there is a strong fear that Bangkok city and suburbs will be hit by massive floods. The exodus of caused a heavy outbound traffic on the Bangkok- Pattaya expressways and motorways.

Condominiums, rental houses,and rented rooms in Pattaya are complety full. Detached houses and town houses are in heavy demand especially by big families. The second most popular object is a large apartment, condominium.

Full story HERE

-- PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2011-10-28

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]