Animals Also Need Help.

Rooo

Animal-rescuing volunteers call for donations

The Nation

30168681-01.jpg

Bangkok-based animal welfare organisation TREAT is rescuing and treating animals in distress, as a large number of animals are left behind.

The Soi Dog Foundation in conjunction with TREAT is raising funds towards securing the necessary supplies and equipment needed for the flood relief to continue.

Margot Homburg co-founder of Soi Dog and founder of TREAT Bangkok is coordinating the distribution of donated funds to volunteer groups.

An emergency appeal fund has been established. Donations may be made online at: www.soidog.org/en/flood-relief or to TREAT's bank account: Bangkok Bank, Main Office Silom Road, Bangkok Account No. 101 866349 0. SWIFT CODE: BKKBTHBK

Donations are urgently needed for cages, food, transportation, medicine, temporary shelter and of course veterinary help.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-10-27

It's a shame, poeple leave their pets behind in the floodings. I bet they're not gonna take them back. TIT

I was reading a report where the evacuation teams were only taking people on their rafts/vehicles. Meaning that pets were left abandoned at home, or left to fend for themselves. I can understand the need to put people first, and that the refugee centres maybe cannot cope with pets, but the result will be that they are left behind.

Most evac centers won't allow people to bring their pets, same thing happened in Katrina in the US. Considering the great number of photos of people saving their pets in the floods I think its pretty clear that there are people out there who love their pets.

Most evac centers won't allow people to bring their pets, same thing happened in Katrina in the US. Considering the great number of photos of people saving their pets in the floods I think its pretty clear that there are people out there who love their pets.

I read somewhere that because of the distress caused to both animals and owners and former pet dogs forming vicious dangerous packs the policy would be changed in future.

Let's hope it won't be necessary in the future.