Hotel In Ubon Please?

kunash

The newest and best hotel is Sunee Grand, and in the same complex is the City Mall, a supermarket, bowling, spa, water amusement park, bank, and at least 6 restaurants - to mention some.

The hotel also has minibuses available, and with Ubon metered taxis it's probably around 40 baht to the airport. :D

The newest and best hotel is Sunee Grand, and in the same complex is the City Mall, a supermarket, bowling, spa, water amusement park, bank, and at least 6 restaurants - to mention some.

The hotel also has minibuses available, and with Ubon metered taxis it's probably around 40 baht to the airport. :D

thanks for replies, i tried sunee but they are full for sunday, so we will stay in laithong.

thanks for replies, i tried sunee but they are full for sunday, so we will stay in laithong.

You'll find a taxi service. They just started their service about two months ago in the inner city. Enjoy your stay...jap.gif

Here's a link about Ubon....http://ubonblog.weloveubon.com/ubon-ratchathani-airport-taxi-runway/

You'll have to check in online to get a very good room at Sunee hotel.. Here's the link for your consideration:

http://www.agoda.com...ion_center.html

Edited by sirchai

You'll find a taxi service. They just started their service about two months ago in the inner city. Enjoy your stay...jap.gif

Here's a link about Ubon....http://ubonblog.welo...rt-taxi-runway/

Off thread: Apart from the price I have yet to hear any good reports on the reliability on these meter taxis. The one that operates in Warin is useless, nearly missed a flight once because I didn't re-re-re-confirm my booking.

Here's a link about Ubon....http://ubonblog.welo...rt-taxi-runway/

Off thread: Apart from the price I have yet to hear any good reports on the reliability on these meter taxis. The one that operates in Warin is useless, nearly missed a flight once because I didn't re-re-re-confirm my booking.

OFF THREAD !

There're brand new taxis for Ubon city now. Not those from Warin ..........jap.gif

Edited by sirchai

OFF THREAD !

There're brand new taxis for Ubon city now. Not those from Warin ..........jap.gif

My Warin bloke is unfortunately from the same downtown Ubon company in a shiny brand spanking new cab.

A good mate has been let down on numerous occasions while going to and fro in Ubon he's gone back to the reliable family tuk-tuk!

A bit of fine tuning and the company will be great.

just looked on a website i used to book a room for the sunee on sunday and theres plenty of rooms, so whoever told you that was wrong!

was that for last sunday? (30th/10).

my wife phoned them on the 29th and was told they were full. we wanted 2 adults and 2 children sharing same room.. i thought it was strange.

just looked on a website i used to book a room for the sunee on sunday and theres plenty of rooms, so whoever told you that was wrong!

was that for last sunday? (30th/10).

my wife phoned them on the 29th and was told they were full. we wanted 2 adults and 2 children sharing same room.. i thought it was strange.

Due to the inadequate language skills at the Sunnee Hotel, it is always easier for them to say "No rooms available"! I have had this experience with them and when I walked in

to stay there was not any issues at all and I got myself a room.

• 7 months later...

Know its past but everytime I go to Ubon I stay at the Tosang City on the other side of town. Quite and nice rooms. Nice staff. Ask of one of the two Suites if possible, if long term they will work with the rates

A hotel in town which is not top end but very clean and quiet is the Pha Daeng Mansions just opposite Wrong Way Bar. The number is 045254600. The rate is 450 baht a night.

500 baht/night for big bed/tv biggrin.png

Again too late but other people do check back on old threads.

Definitely Tohsang near the Prison, unless you want to stretch to Sunnee prices (which I have not tried myself). Tohsang is comfortable 4* has a good breakfast buffet with a 5* selection, but prices are usually 3*. Sorry - don't know about joining rooms, but I remember thinking they did not rip us off for an extra bed + breakfast for our then 13 year old.

I use Phadaeng Mansion or the rooms behind the Wrong Way (super cheap) if I'm on my own but would be happy to take my family there for a one-night stop. Both are excellent value - clean, good aircon and no frills (though Paedaeng does have a good TV programme range, eg True Sports 1, and reliable free in-room wi-fi). 500 baht at Phadaeng. 300 baht behind Wrong Way 1100 to 1500 at Tohsang. There are other similar newish Mansion hotels dotted around Ubon that probably offer similar value to Phadaeng. Other mini-reviews welcomed as I stay up there regularly.

Laithong pi$$ed me off big time 3 years ago re lack of internet. Your rooms do not have wi-fi? Correct. How do I get to use those desktops over there. Sorry - broken. Do you know of an internet cafe around here? No. I was speaking Thai (not well - but they understood everything); their body language was awful and that is simply not good enough for a hotel that has pretensions to be a city hotel for business people and better heeled tourists. I probably just hit a bad night, but such encounters last long in the memory. If someone (Chris?) wants to post a riposte/update to balance my report, please do so.

Laithong pi$$ed me off big time 3 years ago re lack of internet. Your rooms do not have wi-fi? Correct. How do I get to use those desktops over there. Sorry - broken. Do you know of an internet cafe around here? No. I was speaking Thai (not well - but they understood everything); their body language was awful and that is simply not good enough for a hotel that has pretensions to be a city hotel for business people and better heeled tourists. I probably just hit a bad night, but such encounters last long in the memory. If someone (Chris?) wants to post a riposte/update to balance my report, please do so.

I can't say I disagree with the indifference observation of the front desk staff. They wouldn't order a taxi for me but gave me the number of the local Meter Taxi company and they wouldn't break down a thousand baht note for me .. but were oh! so surprised when I left zero tip on check-out.

I'd probably still stay there as I know the hotel well, rooms are large and well appointed, good restaurant and excellent location (hospital, airport, tung sri muang, TC KITCHEN etc) There is a very good internet shop 2 minutes walk round the corner to the right, but, as Santi Suk mentioned, as a leading "business" hotel they really should be equipped with wi-fi by now.

Notwithstanding the above, I wouldn't mind giving the Padaeng Mansions a chance, it looks pretty smart from the outside and have heard nothing but good reports.

(By the way, Santi Suk, I hope all is well with you and your family, look forward to seeing you for the August URHHH! run thumbsup.gif )

Yeah I prefer the liathong area,It,s got a small pool,value buffet lunch, & ther is a very good internet place round the corner from lance,s T.C. kitchen, 15 baht an hour, good restaurants nearby, & not forgeting lance's KEBABS on saturday nites, with a few cold cleansing ales with the lads.

regards songhklasidclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif