Evacuated To Cnx

ShopBoy

Sawatdee Jao CNX folks.

Finally evacuated to CNX .

My mode of transportation hopping on a army truck flagging 3 total strangers truck before mange to flag a cab to airport.

Spent overnight in airport and got a ticket out to CNX now. Happy happy .

Here the situation i accidentally hurt my hand 2 days ago while hacking a manhole to let the water flow bigger. More than 10 stitches on it.

I have a SCB debit card with insurance on it, does anyone knows which hospital can i go in CNX to use that card for my daily check up on the wound ?

And lastly please tell me where can i find the best firewood bake pizza in CNX, drooling while typing and i am hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I guess SCB branches would let you know where is best to go. When I had stitches after a bike tumble, I went to a small government clinic type place where I paid 30B per time. I could have claimed a more expensive place on my insurance, but the convenience of the local place was good and they did a very good job.

Loads of them around, they're called Anamai in Chiang Mai, in Bangkok they're known as Satanalanasut (or similar) I think.

As for Jao, I've never heard a manly man say it, definitely for feminine types only!

In many cases CM Ram Hospital takes most insurance card--they are a privately run hospital and most of the counter staff can communicate well in English. You may want to check with them at their information counter. Suan Dok Hospital is a government hospital, and they speak less English in the reception areas, but I am sure if you show them your card, they will know--incidently their rates are less than Ram. Both hospitals are on the west side of the city, and you can take a song-taew to either one.

Many men will use Jao when responding back to a female that has used it. Kind of a cute response. Also, the usage of Ja, to a friend or younger person is also used by men, manly or not.

I guess SCB branches would let you know where is best to go. When I had stitches after a bike tumble, I went to a small government clinic type place where I paid 30B per time. I could have claimed a more expensive place on my insurance, but the convenience of the local place was good and they did a very good job.

Loads of them around, they're called Anamai in Chiang Mai, in Bangkok they're known as Satanalanasut (or similar) I think.

As for Jao, I've never heard a manly man say it, definitely for feminine types only!

Many men will use Jao when responding back to a female that has used it. Kind of a cute response. Also, the usage of Ja, to a friend or younger person is also used by men, manly or not.

According to my Lanna girlfriend, this is incorrect. However, that doesn't mean that its incorrect.

Update.

I went to Chiang mai Ram to wash up the wound. Didn't have to wait long.

Straight to the registration counter show them my passport and SCB Debit card sign some paper and whisk into A&E.

Got 2 pretty technicians attended to me. Doctor came ask all standard questions and did some finger movement test.

Overall experience with Chiang Mai Ram is very positive and the damages is 627 Bahts.

Can someone tell me is there any firewood bake pizza in CNX ?

Chiangmai Ram Hospital and as for pizza you will be hard pressed to find anything that resembles a real pizza.

I agree, you will struggle to find pizza in Chiang Mai Ram. :blink:

Op, head to the Dukes (east bank of Ping River), between the big bridge (leading onto Thapae Road) and the iron bridge (which would connect with the top end of Loi Krok Road) Here:

The-Dukes-1.jpg

2563687235_cde9b3d4e8.jpg

4813974337_9a0b4e9384.jpg

Edited by jackr

Yep, Dukes. Where the staff dry their undies by an open fire. Quaint, isn't it?

Op, head to the Dukes (east bank of Ping River), between the big bridge (leading onto Thapae Road) and the iron bridge (which would connect with the top end of Loi Krok Road) Here:

Edited by Blinky Bill

:cheesy:

Blinky? Wow, it looks like you are losing weight, if that is your undies?

Dave

As far as i know regards to the word "Jao" it's a very northern thing and use mainly by woman.

Whenever the word crops up people will relate it to the north.

Non-northern people when arrive here likes to use them be it man or woman.

Blinky? Wow, it looks like you are losing weight, if that is your undies?

Dave

now I know why the pizza's are so bad.

Thanks for the recommendation to Duke.

Was there last night.

Service is good. Food is excellent, prices are reasonable.

Another vote for Duke here.

Saw a photo a guy with Sylvester Stallone in it. Is there the owner ?

?

and yes pizza of dukes is nasty.......everone ever go to bkk please try scuzzi pizza.....its the origianal italian pizza and everything else is only a coppy .....sadly sadly scuzzi not exist in CM

hmmm... Scoozi pizza with organic flour aroi mak mak.

Maybe duke can offer Organic flour too as option ?

Jao is northern Thai (Kam Muang) particle mostly use by women/girls or yes guys with girly hormones.

While similar to Ja which is more use in other regions only that this particle is used by both men and women.

Jao also means , Lord , ruler or You (in oud Tai language refer to other person as Jao = You). If you ever heard old Thai poems or read it you will know. Lao people still use it today refer Jao as You.

To put in another way it also mean when you hear Sawaddee Jao = Hello to you, also meaning usage in older days and i mean a few 100 years ago.

Now a days people just indicate as a greeting.

Edited by konjianghai