PM Yingluck: Bangkok’s Floods Likely To Recede In First Week Of Nov

webfact

Well considering the moaners of Tvisa have been shouting about too many people giving out conflicting information..............it would appear to me more should follow his approach of getting on with the business and maintaining an intelligent silence......

" maintaining an intelligent silence....." What an interesting concept, though i can see where you're coming from, as every time he speaks he sounds more stupid.

Now can we discuss his "beautiful invisibility".................with a line of reasoning much the same?

Pity you can't follow his example......

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not freedom of speech to advocate the illegal overthrow of an elected government. For people that claim to support law and order and good government, you are promoting a criminal act by advocating a coup. I am surprised the comments remain on this thread as they are illegal. If you do not understand how arrogant and ridiculous it is for a foreigner to spout off that the lawfully existing legally government should be overthrown because they are unhappy,, then there is not much else to say. Along with freedom of expression come responsibilities. It is irresponsible to foment unrest during a national crisis.

Spare us the lecture about governance. You were entirely happy to dispense with electoral law when it suited your favourite political party, hypocrite.

There is no way there is going to a coup in the immediate future. There is no mood for one and it would be rather impractical at this point in time.

Rubbish. I have never advocated any "dispensation of electoral law when it suited my favourite political party". You cannot substanitate the allegation.

I I support a vibrant democratic basis of political governance in Thailand. If the Democrats or anyone else are able to put forward an honest and efficient government, I would gladly welcome their presence. The reality is that political parties in Thailand have more in common than they have different. Its akin to feces. Different shapes, textures and smells, but same same. In the meantime, the nation is in crisis and there are people of different political views that have come together to help others. That's the aspect that is not discussed in this barrage of negativity. For all the bad things posted in these threads, the Thai nation is holding up, functioning and coping. I think the people and many of the political groups deserve credit for putting the people first. If there are some UDD or Democrats behaving selfishly, then they need a kick in the arse, but that should not take away from the vast majority of people that are doing the right thing, including some foreigners that are being generous and kind to others. The threads focus on the negative and not on the positive stories of the good things being done by people of all political beliefs.

It is not freedom of speech to advocate the illegal overthrow of an elected government. For people that claim to support law and order and good government, you are promoting a criminal act by advocating a coup. I am surprised the comments remain on this thread as they are illegal. If you do not understand how arrogant and ridiculous it is for a foreigner to spout off that the lawfully existing legally government should be overthrown because they are unhappy,, then there is not much else to say. Along with freedom of expression come responsibilities. It is irresponsible to foment unrest during a national crisis.

Spare us the lecture about governance. You were entirely happy to dispense with electoral law when it suited your favourite political party, hypocrite.

There is no way there is going to a coup in the immediate future. There is no mood for one and it would be rather impractical at this point in time.

Rubbish. I have never advocated any "dispensation of electoral law when it suited my favourite political party". You cannot substanitate the allegation.

Sure you have. Everyone knows that Thaksin is a banned politician who's been meddling in Thai politics and the election throughout the course of his banishment. We're just pretending that didn't happen until or if some party decides to press the matter. That's always been alright with you, but we all know it's illegal, even the Thaksin partisans. They ,like you, have such contempt for Thai people and Thai law that those kinds of legal nicities just shouldn't apply, like they might in the country you come from.

Edited by serenitynow

Geriatrickid said:

I support a vibrant democratic basis of political governance in Thailand. If the Democrats or anyone else are able to put forward an honest and efficient government, I would gladly welcome their presence.

So you truly believe that this government has capable people in their positions and support nepotism. Please don't argue that it's been like this forever with Thailand because by your reasoning, you'll continue to look for "an honest and efficient government". So unless you're going to contradict yourself, just admit that you're bias against ANY government and support only this one. No matter what this government did, you never criticized it and found excuses to apologize for them. Surely, you can find at least one or two things to criticize right?

I'm by no means implying that I have the capabilities to be the PM of Thailand (I should try though, Yingluck got it), but I would have just told Bangkokians to move all their necessities upstairs to higher ground and store tap water when the flood was already in Ayuttaya. Preparing for the worst is always a safe bet and common sense. Partial to blame for their misery were those who were complacent and needed to be told what to do instead of taking initiative.

She really better be right about this. Because now that she's said it, some people in flooded areas are going to hang on and think they can wait it out a few more days. Back home that would make her criminally negligant--if she's wrong. Here, in Thailand, it probably doesn't matter.

I think enough of this nonsense, can, please, someone make a coup?

Prayuth has publicly stated that there are no generals now stupid enough to stage a coup. Why would they?

Then they would be responsible for everything. They are in a perfect position now to gain face for mobilizing 50,000 troops to help.

Although I take anything this *cough* government says with a lot of salt, I hope that she is right.

They have to do something to let the water flow.

I am starting to get a little sick of so many people saying that everything the authorities are doing or thinking about doing to be desperation/stupid/misguided/politically motivated etc.

Come guys, you try to be in their shoes. Have you seen how exhausted Sukhumbhand appears?

Every time I see him on TV, he speaks more softly.

I find it quite tragic that on 29 October, the PM states that the various authorities are now "joining hands" to deal with the crisis....!! <deleted>...!! God only knows what damage they have caused by their individual incompetence and now they are bringing it all together to produce Thailand's unique version of mass incompetence. They'll probably agree that it's a northern problem, so all the water should be pushed back uphill.

I agree that Sukhumbhand is the only one who has appeared to keep his cool and issue worthwhile guidance

Edited by GeorgeO

Yingluck is a politician whose only game is to say whatever it takes whenever to make it look like, if not just in her own 'mind', that her record shows she's beaten the opponents to any punch as has been getting it right all along. There'd be a hundred statements on my list about her flip flops on this fatal issue but tops would be a few days age saying the notheern runoff is coming much faster than expected to yesterday her saying, oooops, its slower than expected. Anyway, the issue shouldn't be how she should be punished, the issue is why this whole flood thing wasn't spoken for from a responsible person starting long ago and left to the lips of politicians.

If Yingluck tells: "Bangkok’s Floods Likely To Recede In First Week Of Nov" we can be sure that we have flood longer than 1 week.

TV just showed our area with approx. 30 days of floods.

Yeah that last one panned out really well didn't it. A total collapse of the housing market on Phuket followed by 6 years of political infighting/rioting. You think the bumbling generals can turn back tides after all that then? Stupid remark.

If Yingluck tells: "Bangkok's Floods Likely To Recede In First Week Of Nov" we can be sure that we have flood longer than 1 week.

TV just showed our area with approx. 30 days of floods.

Yeah that last one panned out really well didn't it. A total collapse of the housing market on Phuket followed by 6 years of political infighting/rioting. You think the bumbling generals can turn back tides after all that then? Stupid remark.

Have you considered that they may have been external causes for the collapse in the inflated housing market, or was it a coup that resonated around the world?

Posted 2011-10-29 11:11:15

PM: Bangkok’s Floods Likely to Recede in First Week of Nov

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said on her weekly radio show that she is confident Bangkok’s flooding will recede in the first week of November after the government speed up draining floodwater to the city’s empty canals.

Energy Minister: Bangkok flood situation will be improved after Nov 15. (via @ThaiKhuFah) http://t.co/7jFHOgw8 /via@veen_NT

Thailand Live Sunday, 6th of November #89

4.46pm:If no more water runs off BMA expected to drain floodwater from main road w/in 2 weeks; from small sois w/in 1 mth #ThaifloodEng RT @Pat_ThaiPBS/via@tukky_nt

Thailand Live Sunday, 6th of November #95

Please just ask me again next month :rolleyes:

(edit: add: TLS#95)

Edited by rubl

She really better be right about this. Because now that she's said it, some people in flooded areas are going to hang on and think they can wait it out a few more days. Back home that would make her criminally negligant--if she's wrong. Here, in Thailand, it probably doesn't matter.

Since it is still increasing overall in Bangkok I think it is safe to say that the prediction was incorrect.