Water Shortage

dogtim

Whatever the OP's problem is it certainly isn't drought. There was an article in the paper last week saying Pattaya already had enough water for the whole of next year.

Probably some pump has broken down, or someone forgot to pay the bill.

Thye OP needs to grow up, deliveries have come through today, not too much problems, if your water/electric is off then that is a local/moo baan problem, dont try to pin all your own shortcommings on other people!

Thye OP needs to grow up, deliveries have come through today, not too much problems, if your water/electric is off then that is a local/moo baan problem, dont try to pin all your own shortcommings on other people!

Firstly, what is an OP? Old age Pensioner? How much older do I have to be to satisfy you? Secondly there now seems to be a problem with the water supply further than my estate. Just got home after a few beers in Soi 5. No mains water, Jomtien Thani Hotel had three water tankers delivering in the space of an hour. All straight out of the local ponds.

Firstly, what is an OP? Old age Pensioner?

Quote from Wikipedia

an opening or original post (common abbreviation OP, which can also mean original poster)

Edited by MJCM

Firstly, what is an OP? Old age Pensioner?

Quote from Wikipedia

an opening or original post (common abbreviation OP, which can also mean original poster)

Thanks, I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with modern slang.

Out of all forum's i have participated in, -this is the only forum that keep referring to original poster/OP

:offtopic2:

Just out of interest, what do the posters on the other forums refer to then ?

Edited by MJCM

I'm purely speculating here, but , say, on Australian web board OP could be referred as AP (as in Aboriginal poster)

here we could use DBCP ( Dreadfully Boring Clueless Poster) sometimes, perhaps?

i was mean, Poanoi. And I am sorry. OP is used to reply to the Original Poster, meaning to a poster who started the thread

Edited by valgehiir

I am sure you will all be delighted to know that the 'OP's' water supply came back on last night. One does wonder why more and more condo blocks and houses are being built when the infastructure can't cope with what we already have when the town is full.

Firstly, what is an OP? Old age Pensioner? How much older do I have to be to satisfy you? Secondly there now seems to be a problem with the water supply further than my estate. Just got home after a few beers in Soi 5. No mains water, Jomtien Thani Hotel had three water tankers delivering in the space of an hour. All straight out of the local ponds.

they do deliver water the whole year rond inthani hotel every day

We lived in Jomtien for five years, one of the deciding factors to move away from there was the continuous electric cuts and no water for days on end which at the time seemed to be getting worse.

Wongamat area....mains water pressure has been low for last few days so it takes longer to fill up tanks. I think it's because they think demand may increase due to arrival of BKK refugees by the busloads. I am not sure if this is a high season thing or just due to sudden influx of people in town. I suppose I am lucky that they have not switched off the supply entirely!!!!

I may need to grow up too because there is currently no mains supply in Cosy Beach. It has been off and on for days now and even when it has been on the pressure has been very low. We had a full week with no water supply back in early September.

Out of all forum's i have participated in, -this is the only forum that keep referring to original poster/OP

It's more prevalent now since Thaivisa took away the option to reply directly (and quote from) to the first post (original post) a few years ago. This prevented every poster in a thread from quoting the original post over and over but makes it more necessary to refer back to the original post using the abbreviation OP.