Price Increase - Pattaya Full !

nahpets2011

I think it is crystal clear that the restaurant owner can not bear rising prices on his own, but must share with the customers! Before the eggs are 3 Baht , now 7 Baht or more, if any available ! Also all the vegetables and meat price are gone up, some up to 300 % ! But I hope that the Thais soon get their water fixed, so we all can have the normal price back soon.

In addition Pattaya is full for the next time. Condos for rent, Hotels, Houses for rent etc. You have now problems to find a good and reasonable place to stay. All the prices are 10 – 30 % up, because they want to earn more on the back of the “refugees” from BKK !!! Rip off without help ! It would be much better to give a discount to those people !

i have been out in the last 3 days to Bourbon street, Rimpa Lapin, Jolly fisherman,and Hilton hotel

no one had increased prices

food was of the usual size and quality and all had water to sell at normal prices!

my god, whats happening?

if there's a shortage i have not noticed it

sounds to me like some folks are panic buying......

Edited by timekeeper

Its despicable some farang hotel owners are raising prices for rooms (in-compassionate twunts) I know of one particular restaurant / hotelier on Soi Diana is raising prices 20%, ok he might be paying more for eggs etc but I think the main reason is that he is just trying to make a bit more profit :realangry:

Certainly true that eggs and some other products in shops have gone up in price. My worry is now that the prices are marked up on some other products, that they might not come back down again.

Regarding accommodation prices going up, I know of one hotel that was doing a special discount rate till the end of this month for people who were affected by the floods. Of course you had to ask as it obviously wasn't offered and I believe the person booking the room had to be Thai, possibly to avoid being taken advantage of by shameless tourists. I suspect that some other hotels in Pattaya might offer something the same, if asked. A few other hotels I spoke with didn't have price changes at all, but were fully booked.

I think it is crystal clear that the restaurant owner can not bear rising prices on his own, but must share with the customers! Before the eggs are 3 Baht , now 7 Baht or more, if any available ! Also all the vegetables and meat price are gone up, some up to 300 % !

Excellent powers of observation combined w/ some kindergarten economics.

In addition Pattaya is full for the next time. Condos for rent, Hotels, Houses for rent etc. You have now problems to find a good and reasonable place to stay. All the prices are 10 – 30 % up,

More truly remarkable powers of observation! Most impressive!

But alas! The legacy of the nanny state now overwhelms rational thought:

because they want to earn more on the back of the “refugees” from BKK !!! Rip off without help ! It would be much better to give a discount to those people !

No. You may compare the hotelier to the farmer who supplies the eggs to the restaurants. Why didn't the farmers lower the price of the now severely limited supply of eggs so that the restaurants and stores can now charge less, not more?

Basically, you don't understand the economic function of price, duh. Congrats on letting us all know that.

Its despicable some farang hotel owners are raising prices for rooms (in-compassionate twunts) I know of one particular restaurant / hotelier on Soi Diana is raising prices 20%, ok he might be paying more for eggs etc but I think the main reason is that he is just trying to make a bit more profit

The bizarre thing that I noticed in Soi Diana was that one place had recently put its Sunday carvery price up to 249B from 199B yet not changed the price of the 99B breakfast at all.

Though that place has so many signs and menus up that it's more than likely that the owner just didn't see the breakfast sign in amongst all the others.

Its despicable some farang hotel owners are raising prices for rooms (in-compassionate twunts) I know of one particular restaurant / hotelier on Soi Diana is raising prices 20%, ok he might be paying more for eggs etc but I think the main reason is that he is just trying to make a bit more profit

The bizarre thing that I noticed in Soi Diana was that one place had recently put its Sunday carvery price up to 249B from 199B yet not changed the price of the 99B breakfast at all.

Though that place has so many signs and menus up that it's more than likely that the owner just didn't see the breakfast sign in amongst all the others.

Or his printer ran out of ink :unsure:

The same place now has new signs saying "free glass of water: just ask".

I dont know whether this is a response to possible shortages at the two nearby convenience stores, or a response to people (like me) who object to being charged for bottled water with a meal.

The same place now has new signs saying "free glass of water: just ask".

I dont know whether this is a response to possible shortages at the two nearby convenience stores, or a response to people (like me) who object to being charged for bottled water with a meal.

maybe they monitor TV

take care boys, big brother could be watching...................

Its despicable some farang hotel owners are raising prices for rooms (in-compassionate twunts) I know of one particular restaurant / hotelier on Soi Diana is raising prices 20%, ok he might be paying more for eggs etc but I think the main reason is that he is just trying to make a bit more profit :realangry:

I will be in Pattaya next week, please feel free to PM me with the name of this fine establishment, so that I will know not only to avoid it, but to name and shame it to anyone I might meet up with.

Thanks for the informative post, I have no problem bad mouthing these places to my friends.

I know one Thai lady renting out a condo. Normally charges 17 - 25K per month - the latter price being high season. She is charging 40k to people from BKK...... no doubt with the profit she'll make a 100 baht temple donatio to recieve 'merit'.

Hypocricy at its finest.

I know one Thai lady renting out a condo. Normally charges 17 - 25K per month - the latter price being high season. She is charging 40k to people from BKK...... no doubt with the profit she'll make a 100 baht temple donatio to recieve 'merit'.

Hypocricy at its finest.

Before one condemns condo owners normally charging less one must consider that the lower price is normally for contracts of 3, 6 or 12 months. A lot of condo owners would not like doing a short term rental and the extra price is warranted in my opinion. Another consideration is that many of the Bangkok evacuees are coming in with large families and filling up the condos with twice as many occupants as normal.

A friend who rents condos had to knock back a customer when they arrived with 7 people to fill a condo normally suitable for 2 - mother, father, 2 kids, driver and 2 maids.

If I owned a business that could profit from the Bangkokians pouring into town, I would up the price big time.

They do it to me, this would be my chance to return the kind favor.

However, as luck would have it, I can't get one over on them, so I will have to resort to watching the locals get over on them. Some food prices from the stalls have DOUBLED in the past week. LOL Thai Love Thai.

Where do you all shop? no price increases in the market ,yes eggs had gone up 10baht for 30 but that is the only price increase ,plenty of water out here in Naklua. we drove to Sri Racha yesterday and there were some shortages in Robinsons tops but plenty of rice ,and eggs there .

I saw on TV it is illegal for them to raise the price of items like water now. I laughed when my GF and I saw this, as she said Thais would not raise the price. So I told her, welcome to falang world.

I'll be in Pattaya from the 22nd to the 29th of this month, but I also looked at availability for an extra five days when I'm supposed to be in Bangkok. It seems if the city is full of displaced people from Bangkok, they aren't staying in hotels long, as there's loads of availability.

It seems if the city is full of displaced people from Bangkok, they aren't staying in hotels long, as there's loads of availability.

In true Thai style the Bangkok refugees are probably staying in condos, 8 per studio (mother, father, 3 kids, granny, maid, driver).

Where do you all shop? no price increases in the market ,yes eggs had gone up 10baht for 30 but that is the only price increase ,plenty of water out here in Naklua. we drove to Sri Racha yesterday and there were some shortages in Robinsons tops but plenty of rice ,and eggs there .

Where do you all shop?

Probably in the department stores made for Farangs.

All the stores around me have raised the price of water, some as much as 50%! Even my local 7-11 jacked their price up for a 6 pack of 1.5L of water from 72b to 120b!

Thais refuse to miss an opportunity to get one over on someone.

Makro - who ran out of potatoes all last week - are advertising 'Import Potatoes' @ 37 Baht/Kilo but have an offer on at 28 Baht/kilo !

I took 50 kg at that price :)

(oops, just noticed that this is the Pattaya forum - this was Makro, Buriram.

Edited by cardholder

Ciggies 46 baht in 7/11, 5.40 GBP 's in UK, Bottle of beer soi Baukhaow 40 baht, 4.40 GBP's in London, <snip> ................

What was the question again ?

Edited by Jai Dee
Inappropriate comment deleted