What Led You To Thailand ?

JurgenG

At 45 years young the children I raised had gone to university, and I had a major bereavement in my life. Wanted time out and was sponsoring Isaan rural kids through CCF so came and visited them in 2000. Rented an old ute from Budget and set off in the direction (Budget staff pointed that way with their finger) of Isaan with a Lonely Planet guide book and Thai English Dictionary / Phrasebook. Even thou I got back to Don Maueng with every infection and skin rash going I absolutely loved it. Kept coming back 2 or 3 times a year and eventually met the beautiful Isaan woman that has fulfilled my life for the last 6 years. Have not been back for the last two years as wife and daughter (now ours) are given first call on finances for holidays. Definitely coming back next year as we have farms and crops to be harvested which will shout the trip.

That's a great story. :thumbsup:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to see as many Temples as possible in two weeks.

You could be the next Simon Templer.

"He can't do any more than me, without his trick photography"

- Splodgenessabounds, Simon Templar b/w Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, please & Michael Booth's Talking Bum

SC

People said I was easily led, but you'd need to be quick on your feet to lead me astray; I've always been able to find my own way there...

It's a rocky road but somebody has to eat it .

The road to rack and ruin... don't bite off more than you can shake a stick at.

I was more drawn than led, sticking with the pencil theme

SC

I first visited BKK in 1979 on business and holed up in my hotel room for 9 nights. Wow what kind of place is this? Scary. Fast forward to now and countless visits mainly on biz but always with long weekends thrown in. Escaped the worst effects of a runny nose but that was carelesness on my part. Now in Dubai nearing retirement and with a busted marriage, I need to settle somewhere, maybe with my Chinese g/f(?) Aw well, maybe not. I would just about be able to live decently off my diminishing pension but never have the same lifestyle in the UK or Dubai although the latter has everything to offer as well. So, walking street Pattaya here I come!