Where To Buy Several Air Conditioners In Cm

scorecard

Need to but total of 6 air conditioners, various BTU's for new house.

My knowledge of air conditioning is close to zero, but I'm guessing that Inverter is the way to go in terms of running costs.

One confusing point is, several salesman have said that standard Inverter (LG, Mitsubishi, and more) are not so good, you need to buy Inverter Health +, and these models seem to be about 7,000 to 10,000Baht more. Could of course just be 'best commission' talk.

Please share some insights into what models to buy and any hints on where to get best price.

Thanks.

First I would survey near your house and find where a local shop that services AC are - Look at the brands they service - This way you have a convenient service man picked out for future issues (After warranty)... Then write down on a piece of paper the brand and six btu's you need. Then I would go to the usual suspects (HomePro, Siam TV and surprisingly Robinson's has good prices) - Get quotes from all and ask if any discounts... Don't let them upsale you on any of that Health Inverter stuff!...

I would also try to get similar btu sizes if possibe just so you have as many the same make and model to reduce complexity in service in the future..

I did the above and as I said Robinson's came in the best price - I choose a basic Samsung 18K btu's and they threw in the nice plastic pipe covers (Which are extra cost) for free...

The service guys showed up and installed it perfectly (I think all sellers just call in the order to the same installers)

Trane has a sales office here in CM, been in same place for 20+ years. You might check with them as the service is free during the first year (show what and how to do) if your interested. Dependable units and service company.

First I would survey near your house and find where a local shop that services AC are - Look at the brands they service - This way you have a convenient service man picked out for future issues (After warranty)...

I wouldn't do that; most service shops will service anywhere in town, so I think it's best to just stick with the best brand out there: Mitsubishi. Easy to get serviced too.

For a situation like yours, I would do some lengthy computer searches and work up a spread sheet by brand. List all the specs, power consumption (watts) vs BTU, etc., everything you can think of.

I find that when I do that the spread sheet develops itself and I can go from a complete idiot trying to correlate color with BTUs, say, to a fairly knowledgeable consumer who knows what he wants.

Try it; I think you will impress yourself with what you learn.