Single-Ent. Marriage Visa. Vientiane/Phnom Penh

Anybody know the current situation for a single-entry 90 day Non-Imm O visa based on visiting one's wife, with regards to the embassies in Vientiane and Phnom Penh.

In PP it used to be a 1 day wait and $81 through an agent, I just called him and now he says the price and time have gone up to $95 and a wait of 4 days, due to people in the embassy making their own new rules, and it isn't as easy.

I'd rather PP to Vientiane but I'm not going to wait that long for one.

Anybody know about Vientiane and such visas, I've never applied for a Non-Imm O there before, anybody know the length of time for a single-entry non-imm O visa there?

Thanks.

I'd plan to leave tomorrow, and not even sure there's buses going to vientiane with all the flooding.

PP has had multi day wait for last year or more unless agent payments were made but they seem to be in same boat now. Vientiane should be next day and currently Savannakhet is considered a better option if more than single entry wanted as they will issue multi on proof of marriage/copy of wife ID and home register. You don't say where you are but there is still bus service to NE from Bangkok.

Thanks. I'm in Bangkok.

Savannahket sounds intersting:

proof of marriage/copy of wife ID and home register.

What's the 'home register', the Tabien bahn?

So it's reported they don't ask to see any funds, not even 100k in the bank?

Edited by hehehoho

That is it, home register, Tabien Bahn, blue book. Have her sign and date copies. No financial proof is currently being asked there from current reports. In KL it is 100k. I would also carry short note written by wife asking that visa be issued as further proof if asked.

Okay, thanks.

I'll get the following ready for a trip there tomorrow then.

Tabien bahn and copies.

Marriage Cert and copies.

Her Thai ID and copies.

My Passport and copies.

All copies will be signed by her.

I will add a letter from her requesting my stay for one year. Is this best to be written in English or Thai?

Thanks.

And btw, how much is a 12 month multi-entry usually? About 5000thb?

Thanks

In Savannakhet now.

Picking up my 12 month multi-entry Non-Imm O visa tomorrow.

Supplied all the docs listed above. They needed the signed copies, and to see the original marriage cert. No mention of proof of funds.

5000thb.

Good to hear that you got your 12 month multi-entry visa sorted. Thanks very much for the info. Last year I got a 12 month multi-entry in KL, which expires on December 1st.

However, I will be working in Vientiane for a month shortly so the Savannakhet option seems great. On my way to Vientiane I plan to fly from Phuket to Udon next week and then get the bus down to Mukdahan. Then over to Savannakhet to get visa after which I plan to get the bus from Savannakhet to Vientiane.

I will need to spend a couple of nights in Savannakhet - Any advice on where to (or where not to) stay? Any other advice/tips would be most welcome - Enjoy your beer Lao ;-)

Clive R.